Jags Fan here!

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

Statistically we should lose the game.  Tyrod struggles against defenses just like this.  When he does our run game often follows suite - which Jax defends very well.  

Tyrod will need to be uncharacteristic and our defense will need to stop Jax run game to give that a chance.  

Grabs cliche book off shelf, blows dust off cover, thumbs past 'Any given Sunday', stops, clears throat and reads aloud, "That's why they don't play the games on paper", closes book and places it back on shelf, lights candle and says prayer.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for stopping in; and for the kind words.  Excellent matchup.  One team that has been in a drought since 1999 against another that has made playoffs just twice in that stretch.  So two franchises that are very hungry.  If both teams play at their best I've got to give the nod to Jax.  But you never know.  I think Blake is a wild card.  He hasnt been real consistent.  On our side I think Clay (TE) is a wild card.  If he has a huge game and he might especially if Shady cant go.  As mentioned above, the team that makes the fewest mistakes will probably be victorious.

It'll be a fun watch for sure.  Good luck and lets hope NOBODY gets injured.  It ruins everything.

I hope the Jags play a great game.......in a losing cause.  LOL !

3 hours ago, Sacksonville said:

Hey Bills fans,

I am one of the few that comes in peace. First off, congrats on making the playoffs. Must have been an amazing feeling seeing Dalton help clinch the playoffs for you all. That is awesome. 

About the game now. Jags definitely stumbled into the playoffs but I still feel they will play better come Sunday. We will see if that's good enough to win. Love what the Bills are doing on defense aside from the run defense. You think that's a big problem heading into the matchup?

Jags offense will have a tough time moving down the field if the run game can't get going. Looking forward to the matchup though. I think it will be a really close game. If the Bills win though, I hope they crush the Pats. 

Good luck to your Bills but obviously I am hoping for a Jags win. Should be fun. 

Your coach is a dick.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry, but I think that is inaccurate......his method of EXIT was hated but I don't recall a majority hating his COACHING.............

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree, the hate didn't start until the surprise resignation and I really cant blame him,,, after all it is business and he apparently didn't get along with Whaley.  Dumb contract for them to sign but that isn't Marrone's fault for taking advantage of it

I think 90% hated his coaching pre exiting.  

Most were happy about the news.     He punted too much and the 9-7 record was due to pats resting players.     They kinda stunk.  

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

To the OP, I have not forgotten 1996 and it's payback time.

No one talks about this game.  I was there - the end of an era

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry, but I think that is inaccurate......his method of EXIT was hated but I don't recall a majority hating his COACHING.............

I agree, the hate didn't start until the surprise resignation and I really cant blame him,,, after all it is business and he apparently didn't get along with Whaley.  Dumb contract for them to sign but that isn't Marrone's fault for taking advantage of it

Ahh, he was hated in general in Buffalo.

He was a stiff when the media interviewed him after games and came off as a jerk sometimes. Fans didn't like that (and we got funny man Rex afterward, the anti-Doug).  

He punted a few times at the 40 yard line and was too conservative. Fans hated that. GO FOR IT DOUG!

He was a harsh disciplinarian. Fans want a players coach. 

And yea, he quit. He was gonna probably get fired anyway.

Ah screw it, he was an ass. 

Edited by Idandria

2 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I hope your weekend is rife with sorrow and your team never gets back to the dance again.

I don't come in peace.

I can really feel the love. Right back at ya man. 

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

What are your thoughts on Doug Marrone? He was hated when he was the coach in Buffalo. But alas, he's found success elsewhere.

I have actually found his coaching to be solid. No major complaints yet but I do think it helps having Tom Coughlin as well. They seem to work well together. I can nitpick quite a bit but I think you can do that with 99% of the head coaches. 

5 minutes ago, Sacksonville said:

I have actually found his coaching to be solid. No major complaints yet but I do think it helps having Tom Coughlin as well. They seem to work well together. I can nitpick quite a bit but I think you can do that with 99% of the head coaches. 

Obviously.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Ahh, he was hated in general in Buffalo.

He was a stiff when the media interviewed him after games and came off as a jerk sometimes. Fans didn't like that (and we got funny man Rex afterward, the anti-Doug).  

He punted a few times at the 40 yard line and was too conservative. Fans hated that. GO FOR IT DOUG!

He was a harsh disciplinarian. Fans want a players coach. 

And yea, he quit. He was gonna probably get fired anyway.

Ah screw it, he was an ass. 

Generally, I think that this was the accepted narrative of 'St. Doug'. It was reported that he treated everyone in the building like garbage, all the way down to the secretaries and the janitorial crew. I don't recall anyone being disappointed when he left. In fact, there was probably a collective sigh of relief. My opinion of him was that he was an' okay' and way too conservative coach but a reprehensible human being and an overall prick.

34 minutes ago, Sacksonville said:

Wait til the offensive line play starts deteriorating very badly between years one and two because its "Marrone's baby".  Funny how an ex offensive lineman who spends that much time with his group can make them noticeably worse not better as time goes on.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

No one talks about this game.  I was there - the end of an era

I was there too.  It's still the quietest I remember outside the stadium after a game as we walked back to our car.

39 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wait til the offensive line play starts deteriorating very badly between years one and two because its "Marrone's baby".  Funny how an ex offensive lineman who spends that much time with his group can make them noticeably worse not better as time goes on.

He was the line coach the last 2 years.......

6 hours ago, Sacksonville said:

Hey Bills fans,

I am one of the few that comes in peace. First off, congrats on making the playoffs. Must have been an amazing feeling seeing Dalton help clinch the playoffs for you all. That is awesome. 

About the game now. Jags definitely stumbled into the playoffs but I still feel they will play better come Sunday. We will see if that's good enough to win. Love what the Bills are doing on defense aside from the run defense. You think that's a big problem heading into the matchup?

Jags offense will have a tough time moving down the field if the run game can't get going. Looking forward to the matchup though. I think it will be a really close game. If the Bills win though, I hope they crush the Pats. 

Good luck to your Bills but obviously I am hoping for a Jags win. Should be fun. 

What do most Jags fans think of Marone? He turned into the worlds biggest a-hole in his second year here. However, I do think some of that was due to the disfunction that walls the Bills before they cleaned house.