Who should replace Gruden on MNF?

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Think Rex Ryan gets the job. He has called a MNF game... Currently works for ESPN... Has had a year of experience (unlike Manning)... And I think that ESPN will want to keep a coach in there. If not Rex maybe Louis Riddick...he is being talked about as a potential star

I just hope it's not a woman that gets the job just because she is a Female. I strongly believe that a color commentator who gives anaylsis should be a coach or former player. 

Would give me another reason to not watch MNF

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Dennis Miller and Bellicheat would be great.

"Wow, cha-chi, I haven't seen this many points in 15 minutes since Maximillian Luce painted his self-portrait!  What do you think, Bill?"

"I've moved on to the second half."

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

Hard to express much love for the last 17 years....He grew up in NY up the Hudson from the City (New Paltz) -- still visits the area during HS football season.  He loves McD...so you may see him change tone a bit....

Thanks for the info 

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LMAO to the bold. 

Leave Romo where he is.   I like him calling 2 or 3 or more Bills games.   I hardly watch night games anymore.  

Promo is probably under contract (CBS doesn't give out info) and he wanted to work with Jim Nantz.  Yes, money talks but I would be surprised if he left CBS.

I heard one reporter/analyst's opinion that ESPN is going to start over (I.e. McDonough gone) and they're considering going back to a 3 man booth.  As the 3rd, I like buffaloboyATL's idea of Frank Caliendo. 

6 hours ago, Rico said:

OJ plz!

No!  He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth.

Maybe Phil Simms gets a new gig.  I thought he was pretty good.  That episode farting in the booth with Nantz sealed his fate with CBS.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
Merge format

Ever since MNF was made to go from ABC (free TV) to ESPN it has been on a path of destruction !! That's why Al & Mike T. left !!

SNF is the new MNF , it's the game of the week with Al & Chris it has all that MNF use to have but the big dogs at ABC thought they were doing a great thing when in truth they ruined MNF by moving it to a cable station !! 

So they can fill the spot with Rex because its a show that is on the decline . I haven't seen a MNF game in 2 years & don't care too !! 

I'll save my watching for Sunday evening ... 

Keep up the good work ABC ...

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Ever since MNF was made to go from ABC (free TV) to ESPN it has been on a path of destruction !! That's why Al & Mike T. left !!

SNF is the new MNF , it's the game of the week with Al & Chris it has all that MNF use to have but the big dogs at ABC thought they were doing a great thing when in truth they ruined MNF by moving it to a cable station !! 

So they can fill the spot with Rex because its a show that is on the decline . I haven't seen a MNF game in 2 years & don't care too !! 

I'll save my watching for Sunday evening ... 

Keep up the good work ABC ...

Well the Bills Seattle game last year wasn't all that bad.

Pittsburgh cincy wasn't bad this year either. Do you watch Thursday nights? 

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

Even if for two years, they'd make bank.

Im really surprised how many are ok with the idea of Dennis Miller back in the booth.... Im also. Surprised nobody has poo poo'd the idea. 

He was definitely a different style of color commentator.. Sure as hell beats many of the meatheads they use today