Dareus impact on this game.

He will probably get a little more playing time than he usually does and yes I think he will make an impact, more against the running game. But I think our guys can take care of business for the most part. He will wear down after the 1st qter or so. Either way it will be a big test for the Bills Oline.

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think the guys on the Bills O-line were likely not fans of his work ethic.  I think they will neutralize Dareus during this game.  If Dennison is at all creative (big stretch), I expect to see a decent amount of play-action and screens.  

Given their takent up front, I hope we don’t see too much attention go his way. We have to win a lot of tough 1-1 matchups on the line.

as to MD— he’s a talented guy and should show up. I don’t think he’s going to be breaking down route trees or our offensive audibles at a higher level than the coaches can with film though.

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think I saw a Tweet where Wood, Incognito and Ducesse are planning to soak their jerseys in Patchouli oil...Mr. Big Puff will be tender as a kitten.

Hughes has a plan to text Dareus Sunday morning.  

"Race you to the Mongolian buffet before the game?"

Dareus probably won't be back until halftime.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i wonder if malik jackson thinks dareus showing up to late to meeting and getting arrested were disrespectful to the bills.  he sure wasn't disrespected when he was given a boat load of cash from the team.  

18 minutes ago, teef said:

i wonder if malik jackson thinks dareus showing up to late to meeting and getting arrested were disrespectful to the bills.  he sure wasn't disrespected when he was given a boat load of cash from the team.  

Yeah, I defended Dareus a lot, but this nonsense just makes me shake my head and roll my eyes. Dareus was pouting when they wouldn't show him respect with a big deal, then gets his huge contract, only to continue to not work up to the standard someone making that amount should. 

He's biting his lips. He's clinching his fists. He's swaying while he talks.

But he manages to stay on the high road — for now. His emotions surely will be more evident when Dareus and his new team, the Jaguars, host his former team , the Bills, in an AFC wild-card game Sunday.

"I'm just happy for the opportunity, man," Dareus said this week. "It's just crazy. God is funny. Just don't question his work. Just do your job."

https://pro32.ap.org/article/if-anybodys-going-be-hyped-jags-bills-its-dareus

Give me a break.

15 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Yeah, I defended Dareus a lot, but this nonsense just makes me shake my head and roll my eyes. Dareus was pouting when they wouldn't show him respect with a big deal, then gets his huge contract, only to continue to not work up to the standard someone making that amount should. 

Give me a break.

i was so thrilled when we took dareus.  he was everything he needed for that dline.  he was just never lived up to his part of the deal. if you're going to get paid like a professional, you can certainly act like one.  the quote you posted is amazing.  

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Dareus has been playing well for the Jags, fwiw.

he's a great athlete when he wants to be.  i just don't see it lasting for long.

I think is not having Dareus hurts us more than it helps them, if that makes sense. Our run D is garbage and the Jags will try to hammer us.  The Jags weren't a great run D before MD but they would have survived without him. 

So 5 for them, and 9 for us.

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i was so thrilled when we took dareus.  he was everything he needed for that dline.  he was just never lived up to his part of the deal. if you're going to get paid like a professional, you can certainly act like one.  the quote you posted is amazing.  

he's a great athlete when he wants to be.  i just don't see it lasting for long.

It's not professional but when you come from Alabama, kinda hard to get fired up playing for blah teams in BuffAlo. Kinda funny now that the Bills and Jags made the playoffs.

"Culture" equals winning.  

6 minutes ago, teef said:

Well, he did have 4 straight very good seasons (2011-14) for the Bills, so I'm not sure I buy the inconsistency argument. Incidentally, he had a good final game in Buffalo against TB.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he did have 4 straight very good seasons (2011-14) for the Bills, so I'm not sure I buy the inconsistency argument. Incidentally, he had a good final game in Buffalo against TB.

i don't think it was ever a question of his talent, just his ethic.  sometimes you can get round a lazy player, but for that kind of money, you expect so much more.  i'd expect a team leader, and i don't think he'll ever be that guy...not that the jags need him to be.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

Sounds like no since he said he “gave it his all”

Bills don't run up the middle this game.  Left right left right.  By the 2nd QTR, ToG will be sucking wind.

1 hour ago, elroy16 said:

Give me a break.

The Bills gave up on Dareus.  Right.  In 5 games, dude had 4 tackles, 4 assists, and 1 sack.  Every time he played, he was virtually invisible.  What a complete fluff job for Dareus.  How about asking him about his 4-game suspension last year which became 8 when he pulled a hammy after showing up fat and out of shape?  Puhleez.  I hope Richie destroys that fat piece o' ****.