Elway: Upgrading QB is the Broncos' Top Goal

1 minute ago, YesPlayoffs said:

Do you have any proof?  Any link?  Anything that makes this something other than a message board lie?  Didn't think so.

You can choose to believe whatever nonsense you want, but don't say something is a fact when it didn't happen.

Do you have any proof its not. 

I notice you didnt answer the questions 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

He never had an offer from them.  He was under contract in Buffalo.

This was referring to the initial signing.  He had offers from Denver and Buffalo...he chose Buffalo because Manning was still playing.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Do you have any proof its not. 

I notice you didnt answer the questions 

LOL  I don't need proof that it's not.

That would be like me saying you don't like Tyrod simply because you're a giant racist, then making you prove that you're not or else I'm correct.

Just now, H2o said:

Wouldn't be surprised if all of them are cut by the end of TC. 

I usually don't get involved in these type of discussions but.................

the fans in broncoland don't want any of them.

Elway is either going to look for a FA and/or Draft high.

I'm not saying he wants TT, just saying a lot of fans would take him and a draft pick (which they have a history of picking losers).

7 minutes ago, YesPlayoffs said:

This was referring to the initial signing.  He had offers from Denver and Buffalo...he chose Buffalo because Manning was still playing.

LOL  I don't need proof that it's not.

That would be like me saying you don't like Tyrod simply because you're a giant racist, then making you prove that you're not or else I'm correct.

Google is your friend. Go read. Nah never mind you wont because you dont care about reality. 

Answer my three questions 

4 minutes ago, YesPlayoffs said:

Google says nothing that correlates to your claims.  It's a straight up lie.

Answer the questions

cant call anything a lie without proof. Sorry 

Edited by MAJBobby

Tyrod makes a ton of sense to a team like Denver that still has the pieces to win now.  They can draft a guy like Allen and develop him behind Tyrod.  Unless Bills can land Cousins or Alex Smith, can't see Bills parting ways with Tyrod though.  I think McDermott learned his lesson with Peterman that you can do a lot worse than Tyrod.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Tyrod makes a ton of sense to a team like Denver that still has the pieces to win now.  They can draft a guy like Allen and develop him behind Tyrod.  Unless Bills can land Cousins or Alex Smith, can't see Bills parting ways with Tyrod though.  I think McDermott learned his lesson with Peterman that you can do a lot worse than Tyrod.  

Why does TT make ANY SENSE. There are better UFA QBs 

3 years of one of the worst passing offenses doesnt make any sense for someone looking to upgrade their QB

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes, put yourself in as a Bronco fan.  They believe Elway screwed up with Osweiler, Lynch and Siemian and wasted a great defense.

If he picks another bust......................and doesn't have a FA .......................ouch.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why does TT make ANY SENSE. There are better UFA QBs 

3 years of one of the worst passing offenses doesnt make any sense for someone looking to upgrade their QB

The goal is to win right? Denver had a better roster than the Bills this year.  Give us Siemian, Osweiler, or Lynch, and we'd have been lucky to be a 4 win team.  Tyrod's not a world beater, but if you don't get Cousins, what free agent out there is better especially with a roster like Denver built to win now?  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The goal is to win right? Denver had a better roster than the Bills this year.  Give us Siemian, Osweiler, or Lynch, and we'd have been lucky to be a 4 win team.  Tyrod's not a world beater, but if you don't get Cousins, what free agent out there is better especially with a roster like Denver built to win now?  

Name a Minny QB

Brees

Cousins

Jimmy G

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Name a Minny QB

Brees

Cousins

Jimmy G

I understand your point.

If your a GM you also understand that there will be 5 or 6 or more teams fighting for the same FA's.

I truly believe, when it comes to QB FA's and Drafting QB's this is going to be very unique year.

GM's will need plan B, C and D.

IMHO.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I understand your point.

If your a GM you also understand that there will be 5 or 6 or more teams fighting for the same FA's.

I truly believe, when it comes to QB FA's and Drafting QB's this is going to be very unique year.

GM's will need plan B, C and D.

IMHO.

There is alot of good top end QBs in this draft and that is going to slow down the UFA market watch

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

There is alot of good top end QBs in this draft and that is going to slow down the UFA market watch

Yes, I said that.  The critical point for all these teams (Bills included) is that the FA QB "sweepstakes" will come before the draft.

If your a GM and pass on FA (and don't have a draft trade already in place) you take a great risk in taking "one of YOUR guys".

There very well could be a team or two asking after all is said and done, "well that all fell badly for us".

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said this was fan talk.  Most are calling Paxton Lynch a bust who can't stay on the field.

It's all about QB  in Denver and they (the fans) will take anyone at this point.

Actually,  most Donkey fans don't trust Denver selecting a QB in the draft.

Remember Elway was a trade.

The top 3 Denver drafted QB since merger are:

Jay Cutler

Brian Griese

Tommy Maddox

I understand, I was stating Bronco fans must not see TT play much.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm leaning  towards agreeing with you.

TT had his chance to test the market...it wasn't that favorable for him and he re signed here

if Denver really wanted him they coulda made a play for him

......FA starts 3/14/18 (he's under contract)......his $6 mil roster bonus is due by 3/16/18.......if I'm correct, you have a two day window to deal before you have to decide on his bonus.....may have to pay it/eat it and then work a deal or keep him for a total of $16 mil....gonna be interesting to see how they play this................

Just now, reddogblitz said:

The only people that think Hotrod sucks are Bills fans.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side if the fence

I don’t think that is true or he would have signed somewhere when had the chance last year.  Unless he didn’t have the chance?

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The only people that think Hotrod sucks are Bills fans.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side if the fence

You mean the folks who actually watch all the games?  And most people here do not say Tyrod sucks.  They think he is mediocre on a good day and want better, as they should.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

WRONG it is true 

Bills declined his option. Taylors Agent checked the market for him at the Combine. NADA Taylor reset his contract in Buffalo

All Facts

so Again how does TT (who they passed on last year) HELP upgrade their QB room

There has never been a time since leaving Baltimore and signing with the Bills in 2015 that Tyrod has not been under contract with the Bills.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

There has never been a time since leaving Baltimore and signing with the Bills in 2015 that Tyrod has not been under contract with the Bills.

When the option was NOT going to be picked up dont tell me that the agent didnt gauge the market at the combine before agreeing to another prove it deal. 

Dont be niave 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

When the option was NOT going to be picked up dont tell me that the agent didnt gauge the market at the combine before agreeing to another prove it deal. 

Dont be niave 

That's not what you said. You said "Bills declined his option."  Find me any publication that agrees with your statement. I won't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's not what you said. You said "Bills declined his option."  Find me any publication that agrees with your statement. I won't hold my breath.

Where they picking up his option? No. Widely reported. 

So then combine you know his agent guaged his market your niave if you think otherwise 

and he redid his Deal TAKING A PAY CUT. 

But yeah a strong market for him in a weak QB UFA class ha ha ha ha 

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

In looking at the top 10 draft order it's still hard to fathom any scenario in which the Bills will be able to trade up and get one of the blue chip QB prospects unless they are willing to pull a Saints/Ricky Williams type of deal (and there's about 0.0001% Beane does that given the holes this team still has and others created in the offseason).

This is why I still maintain NP is likely going to be the guy by default heading into 2018 especially if we draft another 2nd/3rd tier rookie QB like we did with him last year.

Just Stop already! Please???

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, I was going to say, CB, we already new this.  

I still think they should find the QB they want and go get him, wherever he is.

Whadd'ya mean? They already have two of the greatest QBs to ever walk the earth: Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

In looking at the top 10 draft order it's still hard to fathom any scenario in which the Bills will be able to trade up and get one of the blue chip QB prospects unless they are willing to pull a Saints/Ricky Williams type of deal (and there's about 0.0001% Beane does that given the holes this team still has and others created in the offseason).

This is why I still maintain NP is likely going to be the guy by default heading into 2018 especially if we draft another 2nd/3rd tier rookie QB like we did with him last year.

I put the odds at 50/50 that Nate Pickerman is even on the roster next year.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where they picking up his option? No. Widely reported. 

So then combine you know his agent guaged his market your niave if you think otherwise 

and he redid his Deal TAKING A PAY CUT. 

But yeah a strong market for him in a weak QB UFA class ha ha ha ha 

Show me literally any major media outlet with the words 'Bills decline Tyrod's option' or don't bother responding. How's that .500 QB at best projection working out as well? You seriously might have the pettiest crusade award wrapped up.

48 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Show me literally any major media outlet with the words 'Bills decline Tyrod's option' or don't bother responding. How's that .500 QB at best projection working out as well? You seriously might have the pettiest crusade award wrapped up.

Sucks being wrong doesnt it google is your friend. 

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/03/bills-reportedly-leaning-toward-cutting-tyrod-taylor/amp/

sorry Andy Dalton miracle changes nothing in regaurd to the QB of one of the worst NFL passing offenses over the past 3 years. 

And one of the leaders in 3 and outs in the NFL

or that he routinely misses plays all over the field 

inaccurate

horrible pocket presence and pocket decisions

longest snap to throw because he has a hard time reading a defense. 

Nope Andy Dalton changes NONE of that

7 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Given how much it would cost the Bills to move up and get a top QB this year, unless there is someone they really love at the QB position, this is probably the best way for the Bills to build for now & for the future.  Draft a QB if one you like falls to you in the late first.  Trade TT.  Try to trade the other 1st rounder and one of the 2nds for higher picks in 2019.  Spend very carefully in FA (maybe a DT and re-sign Gaines) and carry as much cap space over to 2019 as possible.  

Let Nathan Peterman start 2018.  On the off chance he does well, you get your franchise QB for a 5th round pick.  More likely, he'll lead the team to a 3-13 or 4-12 record and the Bills will head into 2019 with a top 5  pick, several additional 1st & 2nd round picks, and a ton of cap space to really begin the rebuild, right as Brady is getting ready to retire..  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Sucks being wrong doesnt it google is your friend. 

I wouldn't know, still waiting for you to post something that actually says what you did. Do you actually need me to explain the difference between "Reportedly leaning towards" and "Did". Come on Bob. Man up, take your L and move on. We're all Bills fans here.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I put the odds at 50/50 that Nate Pickerman is even on the roster next year.

I honestly don’t think most fans have an understanding of how much OBD is pulling for Peterman, they like this kid. 

I too too think once the game slows down for him, a full off season.... he may impress next pre season. This kid is very smart, decent arm, accurate and has a grasp on anticipation and timing.

His game against San Diego statistically looked bad, but the Oline looked just as bad, balls went throw WRs hands.

Again, I think OBD is rooting for this kid. I see them drafting a 2nd QB, signing a Vet and allowing a 3 way battle at QB.

i see the Bills trying to build a super dominant Defense don’t be surprised if the first 2 picks are DT and LB.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I wouldn't know, still waiting for you to post something that actually says what you did. Do you actually need me to explain the difference between "Reportedly leaning towards" and "Did". Come on Bob. Man up, take your L and move on. We're all Bills fans here.

There are MANY reports of them NOT going to pick up that option cant re-write history sorry

7 hours ago, Jasovon said:

Tyrod has a great reputation around the league as some kind of unsung hero and was linked to the Broncos last offseason when we were considering just cutting him. Could be all smoke and mirrors but isn't that hard to imagine.

Time for us to start talking him up.  Then the whole league will be fighting over him.

• Haha (+1) 1