GMFB's Kay Adams: McDermott Should Be Considered for NFL COTY

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who did more with less? 

I'm not going to argue. I'm also not going to be bias with my opinion. not saying you are as I tend to agree with 9 wins with less talent. a winning record but it's not 11 wins, winning your way in to the post season.

it's 9 wins with some real ugly losses and had to depend on help getting in.

trust me, I'm as happy as the next bills fan that the drought is over and they have a chance in the dance but I'm also being realistic and the reality is buffalo after all these years finally had luck on their side.

edit: luck by the ravens losing.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I couldn't disagree more and think they might have be a 10 or 11 win team with them.  Are biggest holes besides qb is at wr and dt.

We love the Bills but when you come from a successful college program, the Bills are like getting drafted to Siberia.  These all this BS talk about culture. Culture is about beating a bunch of crappy teams and lucky into the playoffs.  

You honestly won't feel better about this game if we had Sammy and Dareus?  

Most posters would have taken Tyrod over Goff before the season and Gurley was a giant bust last year (murder my fantasy teams).

pretending like people knew the Rams would be good this year is complete hindsight.

Gurley was electric his rookie year...he had a down year last year...Jeff Fisher has been ruining offenses for a long time now...plus they added 3 new receivers in Woods, Watkins and Cupp...

I'm not pretending to think they would be a powerhouse on offense but they were predicted by a lot of people to have the playoffs the previous few years...they had a front 4 that was comparable to ours at the same time when we had ours

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

MCDERMOTT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR 'COACH OF THE YEAR' (4:13)
NFL Network's Kay Adams explains why Bills head coach Sean McDermott is her underappreciated story line of the week.

I'd vote for Sean McVay, but McDermott has done a nice job overall.

Considering the talent on this team , have to go with McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

Since I always think she look like she is a teenager when tuning into NFLN, I wonder if Kay Adam's is into a little role playing because she would look great in a high school cheerleader outfit.  LOL

On the other hand, put her in a tight dress and high heels and I bet my opinion would change.

:wub:

10 hours ago, MDFan said:

I think he should get consideration, but any chance for that honor went out the window with the Peterman fiasco.  McVay deserves it.  Yes he had great talent to work with, but the difference in the Rams year to year clearly had much to do with far better coaching.  I am thrilled with the job McD did this year, hiccups and all.  

The Peterman fiasco could also boost his chances as well. He overcame what a lot considered to be a huge mistake and still got to the playoffs with a far less talented roster than McVay

On 1/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, BuffaloBill said:

No way does he beat out McVay unless the miracle of a deep playoff run occurs.

Superbowl apperance would do....or at least beating out the Patsies in Gillette would be a close second....

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Superbowl apperance would do....or at least beating out the Patsies in Gillette would be a close second....

It's a regular season award.  Playoffs don't factor into the equation just as they don't in the MVP voting. 

On 1/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, Shotgunner said:

There is an argument for McD in the "doing more with less" perspective.

The Rams have all the pieces. They were supposed to be good.

We were tanking 4 months ago supposedly.

Most thought the Rams would not be good either, because Goff and Gurley had such bad years last year.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm so happy we are in the playoffs but

1) we won 2 more games than last year. 

2)  the Peterman decision 

3) he decided to trade away all that talent

Its McVey and it's not close. Zimmer is probably the runner up. 

Yes - playoffs good.

1) what does this even mean?

2) Thankfully it didn't cost us

3) Yes - the very talent that NEVER took us to the playoffs

It should be close and it should be Zimmer

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a regular season award.  Playoffs don't factor into the equation just as they don't in the MVP voting. 

opps....well than mcvey would get my vote for what he did with the rams this season...easily......

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Those me players are all playing for other and better playoff teams. 

I can't believe fans still buy that ****. They would be BETTER if Watkins and Dareus will still here. They were 4-2 before the Dareus trade.?

Oh boy, they're on better playoff teams!  None of which will win the SB, so who GAF? 

Look, I understand you need something new to B word about because you can no longer B word about them not making the playoffs.  But the Bills had those guys and couldn't make the playoffs, and without them, they did.  You can speculate all you want about what might have been, I'll take what actually happened..  I will admit that I thought trading Dareus was a mistake, but looking back, I certainly wouldn't change a thing.

Speaking of Dareus, he actually played in just 5 games with the Bills (he missed the 3rd game of the season), and they went 3-2.  Extrapolate that over a 16 game season and it's 9-10 wins and 6-7 losses.  What, were you really, really hoping for the 5th seed?  It was obvious they wanted him gone, presumably because he was lazy and a bad influence/example, a financial drain, and the Jags were the only team willing to offer up something for him.  It sucks to have to trade away a 3rd overall pick like that, but that's how you change the culture instead of waiting for players to change.

And as for Sammy and Darby, without trading either, they don't get Gaines plus an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.  In hindsight, I'd do those deals again in a second.