Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don't the Bills have to be able to score points to win? Much less win comfortably?

Indeed they do.   As good as the Jags D is, i do believe we can score on them.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tyrod's mobility, escapability, and ability to extend plays with his legs will be what allows us to score points Sunday....

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This.  With Mccoys post yesterday I expected Mccoy to play and be close to 100.  They will be coy about it but shady seems to be ok.

Am I the only one who was extremely impressed by what I saw in Murphy?  I'll say it again, I think the Bills can win without Shady on Sunday.  (Just as long as they don't make Tolbert the featured back)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Indeed they do.   As good as the Jags D is, i do believe we can score on them.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tyrod's mobility, escapability, and ability to extend plays with his legs will be what allows us to score points Sunday....

From a positive standpoint, Tyrod might be a good matchup against this defense because the Jags' strength is picking off quarterbacks. And Taylor is allergic to interceptions.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

From a positive standpoint, Tyrod might be a good matchup against this defense because the Jags' strength is picking off quarterbacks. And Taylor is allergic to interceptions.

Immune , i think you meant?

: )

TI_a4IZk_normal.jpg Red Pinto Tailgate (@PintoTailgate)
JACKSONVILLE INVASION:

Jacksonville Invasion 

Saturday Night Party (7pm - close)

Wing It
11018 Old St Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL

**Same game day menu and beer specials***

Sunday Tailgate (9am)

LOT X (Cash/Parking Pass Lot)

Bring your own food and drink of choice. pic.twitter.com/kpk8ywIqjY

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
TI_a4IZk_normal.jpg Red Pinto Tailgate (@PintoTailgate)
JACKSONVILLE INVASION:

Jacksonville Invasion 

Saturday Night Party (7pm - close)

Wing It
11018 Old St Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL

**Same game day menu and beer specials***

Sunday Tailgate (9am)

LOT X (Cash/Parking Pass Lot)

Bring your own food and drink of choice. pic.twitter.com/kpk8ywIqjY

BYOFT

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills on Tuesday signed running back Aaron Green to their practice squad. Green could receive the call up to the 53-man roster if LeSean McCoy (ankle) cannot play in Sunday's playoff game. The Bills have Marcus Murphy and Mike Tolbert as McCoy's top backups. Green was undrafted in 2016 from TCU and has spent time with the Rams and Cowboys but has no career rushes. The Bills released safety L.J. McCray from their practice squad to make room.

Mike Rodak

Bills in 'better situation' after Doug Marrone quietly bolted in 2014

Buffalo will face off against its former coach in the playoffs, but not many players and coaches from Doug Marrone's tenure are still with the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 1/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I love when players say how they were “disrespected” being traded for a 5th round pick. Yeah Marcel, you were disrespected to the tune of $100 million you dumbass. Go play football knucklehead. Glad your hamstring is better. You disrespected us for two years buying your damn shirts while you sat home eating Funions on suspension. Don’t miss your Uber ride to the stadium Sunday ya dope. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love when players say how they were “disrespected” being traded for a 5th round pick. Yeah Marcel, you were disrespected to the tune of $100 million you dumbass. Go play football knucklehead. Glad your hamstring is better. You disrespected us for two years buying your damn shirts while you sat home eating Funions on suspension. Don’t miss your Uber ride to the stadium Sunday ya dope. 

He didn't say that at all. He actually showed a lot of love and respect for his former teammates.  Seems like you're the one who feels disrespected. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He didn't say that at all. He actually showed a lot of love and respect for his former teammates.  Seems like you're the one who feels disrespected. 

Maybe the first line where he said “they traded me for a 6th round pick...now they have to see me”. That’s his way of saying he was disrespected IMO. Bet your ass he disrespected me as a fan of the Bills...our emotional and financial commitment to the team (tix, jerseys, etc) wasn’t enough for him. He seems hurt that all we received was a 6th round pick (now 5th rounder). 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yikes. What exactly did he say that ticked you off?

He was happy for the Bills and the Bills players and said the game will be fun. 

See above. 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Maybe the first line where he said “they traded me for a 6th round pick...now they have to see me”. That’s his way of saying he was disrespected IMO. Bet your ass he disrespected me as a fan of the Bills...our emotional and financial commitment to the team (tix, jerseys, etc) wasn’t enough for him. He seems hurt that all we received was a 6th round pick (now 5th rounder). 

See above. 

It was a pretty innocuous statement of fact. Given your previously expressed negative sentiment, you should just man up and say you have lingering resentment against the guy.   

Hello all! As you could have guessed, I am a Jags fan. Wanted to pop by your forum to discuss the upcoming game and make myself available for any questions you might have about the Jags our our fine city some of you will be visiting soon. I have read every page of this thread and wanted to respond directly to some of the things stated. For this reason, this will be a long post. I solemnly swear that I am not a troll.

First off..  CONGRATULATIONS! From one long suffering fan base to another, I can see how genuinely excited you guys are to be in the playoffs again. Fans here have had very little to cheer or for some time. We drafted a punter one pick before Russell Wilson and went from a 2 win season under Mike Mularkey to a dark age under Gus Bradley who was the losingest coach to ever lead a team to 50 or more games in NFL history. I think we can all appreciate this moment for a few days longer.

I will start with the big one. Yes. Jaguars fans feel very fortunate to have drawn the Bills. We wanted no part of Philip Rivers who has owned the Jaguars for years before we eked out a 3 point home win this season. Similarly, we did not want to see a Ravens team we embarrassed in London who seems to have matured as the season wore on. That said, I would not say any true Jags fan feels overconfident about any game we play. The truth is, we never know which team is going to show up. The one that plays to it's ability or the one that finds ways to lose games they should win (like forgetting to touch a running back who fell to the turf and got up to run for a 75 yard TD). Jags fans perceive the Bills as the least terrifying opponent we could have played. I get the sense you guys feel the same about us. Truthfully, we may both be right. But aside from some of the homers, I cannot see how any true Jags fan can be too high this week seeing as we have stunk out loud for 2 weeks in a row. 

Someone stated we are bad at home. The truth is, we have won 5 in a row at EverBank field and despite the legion of Bills fans we know will be in attendance, the stadium has been rocking and will be very loud every time the Bills are on offense. Our fans are not terrible as someone stated. We have been beat down for years, but there is a real energy in this city for this team that has been missing for a long time. I don't think the city was this electric even the last time we were in the playoffs. Truthfully, I expect between 7000-9000 Bills fans to be on hand. A testament to a fanbase that has been loyal through lots of adversity. There are always some chuckleheads who will try to ruin it for everyone, but the truth is that our fans are by and large very nice and accommodating to visiting fans. Sure there is expected to be banter back and forth, but typically we treat all people well and those coming shouldn't expect open hostility. 

I heard a couple of jabs at Nathaniel Hackett as our OC. The truth is, he has been a godsend. Blake Bortles has been one of the most inaccurate downfield passers before this season (not that he is lighting it up now). Hackett did a masterful job of designing plays which play to Blake's strengths and has scrapped plays which he knows push Blake's limitations to the brink. I think teams have started to figure out his schemes as late, but before Hackett, we rarely saw the crossing patterns and wheel routes which have given Blake a comfort zone. You never know which Blake is gonna show up, so you cannot just look at the last two games when analyzing him. If that Blake shows up Sunday, you have my best wishes when you go to Foxboro.

I have heard stopping Fournette is the big priority. Makes sense, but he has been hot and cold lately too. Our O-line is not great at making holes. Amazed Fournette got 1000 yards behind it. But we have won every game he didn't play. I think our gameplan vs. Tennessee was a bit vanilla by design as we wanted to hold some things back for the playoffs. But we will stay committed to the run. I am still baffled we keep going to the well with TJ Yeldon as a change of pace guy as he just isn't a threat to score. Good in pass protection or as a safety valve. Not much else. Ivory has been a healthy scratch and is also hit or miss. He has a knack for fumbling which limits his touches. The guy I have been frustrated we are not using is return man Corey Grant. Speed kills and he is small enough to hide behind the line and turn the corner on stretch plays. He has come up big time and again, yet we barely use him.

As for Dareus, I would not expect him to have a ton of playing time as he was filling in for Abry Jones who is expected to be back at full strength. Dareus will be in the reserve role he has been since coming here.

Calling our defense overrated is just silly though. Yes the 49ers lit us up, but that was an anomaly. Shanahan schemed a great plan and Jimmy G had a quick release which burned us early. They keyed on Poz a bit who is a solid run stuffer, but a liability in coverage. Truth is we have been awful on west coast trips since forever. We have not won on the west coast since 2005 and came out predictably sluggish. We had a number of uncharacteristic mental gaffes throughout the game and still almost came back to win. We will not blitz much and will beg you to throw. Our defense is good enough to win games on their own when they are on point. But if we fall behind by 2 scores, we are in bad shape. With a lead, this defense will ruin your day. The one thing that scares me is Tyrod's mobilty. QBs that can break contain have had success against this defense. We are much better with true pocket QBs.

I'm not sure where that folding table thing came from, but it sounds like a joke. I will gladly provide my ID to anyone who needs a folding table and is carded. Saw a number of you are going to Wing It on Saturday before the game. I am positive it won't be as good as what you are accustomed to. Not the best restaurant in town. Jax is weird and the biggest city in the country in terms of square mileage. So everything is spread out. For those coming to town, we have a lot of good local breweries and restaurants. Intuition Ale Works is right across from the stadium and a solid choice, but I would also recommend Kickbacks Gastropub for beer lovers. You can reserve parking online at Tailgater's Parking lot which regularly draws opposing fans. If you are staying at hotels near downtown, you can catch a water taxi for $5 each way instead of paying for parking if that works better for you.

Wishing you guys best of luck. Hoping for a good, clean, injury-free game. I am not sure either of us are super confident that we are Super Bowl bound, so I hope we can all enjoy the ride. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Edited by SwagJag
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1