Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have to lead the league in getting stuffed behind the LOS. 

Every drive they they get stuffed in the back field for a loss of two or three at least. It's frustrating as it puts the team in long downs. 

I said pass protection... Run blocking is a whole other thing. Run blocking has gotten worse but it's still a top 10 run blocking OLine in the NFL. Last year we were #1 so it's hard to improve on that. Especially with Glenn missing time and having Ducasse in there.

But the zone blocking scheme has really masked our right side in pass protection. Makes them look decent aside from that one game.

20 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I blamed game plan more than anything for that...gotta get TT out of the pocket and on the run BEFORE it collapses. Design to beat their pass rush

I don't understand what has happened with the OL. Last year the pocket would crumble in the middle and Wood would allow a hole up the middle where Taylor could step up in to the pocket and inevitably run.  This year Taylor can't step up in to the pocket and the entire OL is being pushed backward in to Taylor causing him to drop further back and take these long loss sacks or scramble outside where the edge is fully set.

It's terrible.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't understand what has happened with the OL. Last year the pocket would crumble in the middle and Wood would allow a hole up the middle where Taylor could step up in to the pocket and inevitably run.  This year Taylor can't step up in to the pocket and the entire OL is being pushed backward in to Taylor causing him to drop further back and take these long loss sacks or scramble outside where the edge is fully set.

It's terrible.

Teams have caught on and are stunting the middle differently or not at all to maintain gap integrity, ie. Make sure there isnt anywhere for TT to escape, "make him be a QB"...

that said, there have been plenty of times this year the pass pro HAS held up, or has created lanes for TT to get through. We need to hope for more of that this week if we want to win. 

2 hours ago, SwagJag said:

The tarp thing kinda took a life of its own.  The truth is, when Khan took over, he got rid of most of the tarps. There are only two nosebleed sections that had them left. As I heard it, they needed permission from the league to remove them which caused the delay. Once they did, those seats were gobbled up in a few minutes. The tarps are an easy target for haters, but the truth is, even with them we have a larger capacity than a lot of other stadiums, like Soldier Field for example. EverBank Field is built on the shell of the old Gator Bowl which was pretty big. When the blackout rules were in effect (and the team was pathetic), it became an issue for local fans as many games were blacked out locally (which may have been a blessing in disguise). The tarps were a means to keep games on tv.

Much respect to Bills fans who get out there and brave the elements. Loved seeing highlights from the Colts game this year.  For those coming to town, our stadium straight up kicks "butt". The world's largest scoreboards, longer than the field and six stories tall flanked at both end zones and all the bells and whistles. If you grabbed a nosebleed seat, you can always go to the party deck above the north end zone (where the pools are) as all the talent is not on the field, if you catch my drift. The Bud Zone above the south end zone also gets packed, but can be loud and a bit rowdy at times. Ushers are not militant, so if you see an open seat in the lower bowl, you may be able to slide in. A lot of fans roam the stadium throughout the game as there are plenty of cool spots to hit. That is why sometimes it looks like less people are there than truly are.

There is still over 5000 tickets to be released yet and secondary markets are packed with tickets.

If this had been the Ravens or any other team this game wouldn't be a sellout. It would be about 60-70%. 

Bills fans will be around 30k I'd bet.

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Teams have caught on and are stunting the middle differently or not at all to maintain gap integrity, ie. Make sure there isnt anywhere for TT to escape, "make him be a QB"...

that said, there have been plenty of times this year the pass pro HAS held up, or has created lanes for TT to get through. We need to hope for more of that this week if we want to win. 

I saw several times where Taylor could have taken off and didn't. The 2nd Jets game was full of them

This Sunday in Dareus there is no way Wood can take him. He will get his lunch money taken. 

In pass pro we have to double team him and wish we had a have decent back to block for passing; Tolbert is decent. 

On runs Dareus gets ripped apart by fans who don't realize what he is doing. The best we can do is send Wood and a Guard to him and let DiMarco light up the LB

I'd also like to see what we can do trap blocking him. I remember several games where Dareus was neutralized with trap blocks and unable to turn his hips.  But, when he is motivated - the guy is one of the best in the league.

I will watch film on Jacksonvilles defense tonight. This will be the first time I've studied film in 3 years.  I gave up when Rex came.

1 minute ago, Billzebubba said:

are there even close to that many flights to Jax from Buf?

Carolina had 20k bills fans. Atlanta had probably 15k.

Cary, NC and the triangle have more Monroe county and Erie county residents than any other county in the country.

The south is full of displaced bills fans.  Jax is 6 1/2 from Durham, 7 from Raleigh.  5:45 from me. 4:45 from Charlotte.

If you're any type of bills fan and you're not there Sunday you're not a real fan.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Cary, NC and the triangle have more Monroe county and Erie county residents than any other county in the country.

The south is full of displaced bills fans.  Jax is 6 1/2 from Durham, 7 from Raleigh.  5:45 from me. 4:45 from Charlotte.

If you're any type of bills fan and you're not there Sunday you're not a real fan.

I'm flying in from California, two buddies from Buffalo and one from Oklahoma

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I saw several times where Taylor could have taken off and didn't. The 2nd Jets game was full of them

This Sunday in Dareus there is no way Wood can take him. He will get his lunch money taken. 

In pass pro we have to double team him and wish we had a have decent back to block for passing; Tolbert is decent. 

On runs Dareus gets ripped apart by fans who don't realize what he is doing. The best we can do is send Wood and a Guard to him and let DiMarco light up the LB

I'd also like to see what we can do trap blocking him. I remember several games where Dareus was neutralized with trap blocks and unable to turn his hips.  But, when he is motivated - the guy is one of the best in the league.

I will watch film on Jacksonvilles defense tonight. This will be the first time I've studied film in 3 years.  I gave up when Rex came.

well Dareus is a back up/rotational player, so while I would expect to see some of what you describe, and he might be more motivated to play against us...he is about the fifth person I am worried about on that defense at best...

Edited by PaattMaann

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Can't afford to go from Buffalo myself, but happy to be represented by my buddy from here who moved to Nashville this summer. 

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's terrible.

If you carefully look at tape during the entire season you'll see the blatant deficiencies in our offense of line. Dawkins is doing his best but he is struggling at left tackle. Ducasse is just a very mediocre guard at best. Richie is showing a little wear n tear. I wouldn't say Wood has been great. If you watch Tyrod he really does not have much of a pocket for very long. Usually less than 2 seconds. And if you want to really watch a disaster just look at the first half of the Charger game where the offensive line pretty much just quit.  And finally I hate our zone-blocking scheme, I wish we could go back to man blocking.

Bills talk: Chris Brown, Bills.com Insider/Lead Reporter

20180103-bills.jpg

Senior writer John Oehser talks with Bills.com Insider/Lead Reporter Chris Brown about Sunday’s AFC Wild Card Playoff between the Jaguars and Bills at EverBank Field.

All Access: Marcell Dareus
Former Bills turned Jags defensive tackle Marcell Dareus sits with Calais Campbell and Crew at Mellow Mushroom in Jacksonville to look forward to the first home playoff game since 1999.

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and trust you are kidding.  My schedule simply won't permit me to make this trip -- 17-year drought or not -- and anyone who questions my fandom can kiss my ass.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and trust you are kidding.  My schedule simply won't permit me to make this trip -- 17-year drought or not -- and anyone who questions my fandom can kiss my ass.

Watch out, Gugny is lurking.