Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

Just now, PaattMaann said:

dont get your hopes up Buddy, I think McD will play it super close to the vest even if he knows right now from the med staff that Shady will play. Guessing he will be a labelled questionable all week and probably not practice much, if at all 

You're likely right. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwagJag said:

Jacksonville has been a punchline for so long and is regularly disrespected as a pro football town. Interesting to get that take from Bills fans as Buffalo gets a lot of the same negative jabs from my perspective. The difference is the Bills have been a franchise much longer. Jags fans have kind of gotten used to being overlooked or panned by lesser members of the national media as it is low hanging fruit. Lord knows the Cowboys could be a 4 win team and they will still get wall to wall coverage (God I hate the Cowboys -- almost as much as you guys). The truth is Jax has had two professional teams before the Jags were born and has long been a hotbed for college football fans. We are very knowledgeable and passionate. We just haven't had much to cheer for lately.

The Jags have not been stellar against the run, and have taken advantage of games where they can play with a lead and teams abandon it. That is when we wreak havoc. I would say sticking to a game plan where we believe you guys will continue to run will be critical for you to win. Especially if you used Tyrod on read option plays. Myles Jack and Telvin Smith are very fast LBs. Poz, not so much. Teams that can effectively set up play action have seen success. Especially if you have an athletic fullback or H-back that can slip out on quick screens.

I understand the shade for Hackett, but I swear, he has been the best OC we have had in years. Our WR corps has been decimated. We lost our best WR for the year in Allen Robinson on the first drive of the first game. Marqise Lee has been injured on and off all year and has a tendency for drops. Allen Hurns is a solid route runner and may be the toughest guy on the team with all he has played through, but it is obvious he has not been at 100%. We have been getting it done lately with rookies, two of them undrafted. Dede Westbrook can take the top off the defense (but had a drop that cost us the win against Tennessee). Keelan Cole came from out of nowhere (raise your hand if you knew Kentucky Wesleyan was even a school) and has been phenomenal. Jaydon Mickens was a mid season find who took over punt return duties (and won the AFC ST player of the week twice) and was thrust into the offense due to injuries. Marcedes Lewis is a great blocking TE, but does not have blazing speed or the most reliable hands. For Hackett to make a top 10 offense with these parts and Blake flippin' Bortles as the QB, I have to tip my hat to him. As someone who has watched this team for a long time, it is clearly the plays he is putting in the game plan to cater to the players we have that have been the difference. Keenan McCardell has also put his fingerprints on the WRs as their position coach.

Special teams has been a strength of ours as well. We have had multiple successful fake punts which have swung the momentum for us in wins. Our team mantra this season has been "Win Today" and we have not been afraid to roll the dice with fakes, even pinned back deep in our own territory.

Welcome And congrats to you too! Don't mind the little jabs. All defense mechanisms for some reason or another. I'm very happy to see the Jags in the postseason. Feel like it's been a few years now I've been like "I think Jacksonville is a dark horse in the AFCS" andnthey finally did it thanks to a much needed coaching change.

Hackett was terrible here. He had no idea how to use CJ Spiller one year removed from a stellar 2012 campaign. Maybe it's EJ Manuel's fault some too. The way I see it is Marrone and Hackett want to run a power run offense and our players at the time were not suited for it. I know Marrone was against the Sammy Watkins move and it's interesting seeing the Jags offense utilize a variety of targets. It seems like every week a new Jags pass catcher has a big week. Marrone and Hackett don't want a star wideout they are obligated to force feed the ball. At least that's how it seems. 

Anyone understating your D is ridiculous. You are a loaded bunch. Think Tyrod is a good matchup because he protects the ball, but I worry that it will be at the expense of points. I imagine being very frustrated all game. Just hoping we can do our part on D to keep it close and maybe pull one out at the end.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Did I hear correctly they hadn’t even taken the tarps off the upper deck until recently? I feel like this may be why bills fan don’t respect it as a football town. If the bills were in the hunt for a division title 10 or 11 games in you wouldn’t even be able to find a ticket. 

As for the game I think each fan base is saying the same thing about the other team. Lol.... whomever has to drop back and pass more is probably gonna lose this game. 

And I feel like the fact that the jags had the easiest schedule in the nfl has been glosses over quite a bit. That’s a real thing. 

They are rightly favored but other than the titans this is next best chance the bills have. 

Don't be so quick to throw stones. Both the Colts and Dolphins home games could be had for $6 on StubHub, remember?

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't be so quick to throw stones. Both the Colts and Dolphins home games could be had for $6 on StubHub, remember?

our playoff hopes were bleak the team was 6-6. and what seemed like a downward spiral. how in the world does that compare to the hypothetical situation I had mentioned?

do you or do you not agree if the bills were on top of the division in week 10 or 11, the ralph would be packed from upper deck to upper deck?

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

our playoff hopes were bleak the team was 6-6. and what seemed like a downward spiral. how in the world does that compare to the hypothetical situation I had mentioned?

do you or do you not agree if the bills were on top of the division in week 10 or 11, the ralph would be packed from upper deck to upper deck?

Actually I don't. BBFS is too strong. We were in the playoff hunt most of the season and people were still dumping tickets in December.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually I don't. BBFS is too strong. We were in the playoff hunt most of the season and people were still dumping tickets in December.

well again. I completely disagree. floating around .500 in December and winning the division at that point are just 2 totally different scenarios. but at this point i'm arguing just to argue. its no big deal. lol

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Again Bills must have answer for Jags rush. If not it will be similar to the Jets game Thursday night earlier in the season, when the Bills offensive line got completely manhandled in all aspects... some how fans blamed Tyrod for that one too.?

I blamed game plan more than anything for that...gotta get TT out of the pocket and on the run BEFORE it collapses. Design to beat their pass rush

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Again Bills must have answer for Jags rush. If not it will be similar to the Jets game Thursday night earlier in the season, when the Bills offensive line got completely manhandled in all aspects... some how fans blamed Tyrod for that one too.?

I watched the last titans jags game last night and the titans were effective in the screen game. The jags pass rush pushes upfield with reckless abandon. They are susceptible to screens. I hope Mr Murphy is ready to catch the ball if shady can't go.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Both our lines got destroyed in that game. Funny thing is besides that Jet game I think our offensive line has been much better in padd protection than years previous.

Welcome to SwagJag, and thanks for being informative and classy. 

I do have to agree with those who say their disrespect comes from the tarps. Respectfully, I think it is tough for one struggling team's fanbase that sells out games in losing and middling seasons not to feel that way when another struggling team's fanbase seemingly does not show up or roams around the stadium when they do. No ill will meant by it. 

Either way, we're both struggling teams' fanbases. So cheers to a different look in the playoffs, if nothing else! 

Still, I hope we trounce you guys. :thumbsup: