Shady injury?

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills coach Sean McDermott said LeSean McCoy's departure from Thursday's practice after stretching was planned. He will be listed as did not practice on injury report. "I think we're headed in the right direction," McDermott said. "Will we be able to get there in time? We'll see."

LeSean McCoy walked through locker room Thursday afternoon with his head entirely covered in a towel and with headphones on. He grabbed something from his locker and walked out. Did not say anything to reporters gathered at his locker.

LeSean McCoy said if he plays Sunday, "I want to be able to cut well enough to where I don't have a lot of pain cutting. I just want to be close, or the best as far as 100 percent as I can get. The type of game like this, you got to lay it all on the line. If I can't get 100 percent, as long as I'm out there, and I can work effective enough, I'll do it. We'll just see."

I just can't believe this the same team had insanely productive backups like Karlos and TD Mike, yet we now have to sit back and watch them play the biggest game in 17 years with a guy who has ZERO NFL TD's leading the way (or at the very least, taking meaningful snaps even if Shady can go)... The ridiculous lack of depth at RB has been really my only major complaint all year... Somehow Jonathan Williams has been good enough to take up a 53 man roster spot in New Orleans, even if he hasn't been active.

Edited by ThunderGun

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm not too worried.  Even if he can't go, he should be ready for our next playoff game in 2035.

Zing!

Just now, ThunderGun said:

I just can't believe this team has had insanely productive backups like Karlos and TD Mike, yet we have to sit back and watch them play the biggest game in 17 years with a guy who has ZERO NFL TD's likely leading the way, and at the very least, taking meaningful snaps even if Shady can go... The ridiculous lack of depth at RB has been really my only major complaint all year... Somehow Jonathan Williams has been good enough to take up a 53 man roster spot in New Orleans, even if he hasn't been active.

So, would you feel good going into the Jags game with Karlos or MG as the starter?  I wouldn't. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So, would you feel good going into the Jags game with Karlos or MG as the starter?  I wouldn't. 

I feel decent about their odds even without Shady (call me crazy), but yes I would feel much better with RBs who have a proven track record of success, and both had a knack for finding the end zone here... If the Jags D has a "weakness", attacking it with a strong running attack would be it.

20 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm not too worried.  Even if he can't go, he should be ready for our next playoff game in 2035.

That's very true. Although I think you gotta typo and meant 203, because He will definitely be ready 203 hours later when they head to Foxboro!

Edited by JerseyBills

In my opinion for this Sunday the Bills need McCoy more for the passing game than the running game. Anyone of our RBs (Murphy, Tolbert, even McCoy) will average around 3 ypc against this Jags D. Only McCoy, though, is a real receiving threat out of the backfield - that's how he needs to be utilized against the Jags. Throw McCoy the ball and get him in space right away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just a guess that he'll do more to test the ankle by trying to see if he can cut on it.

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Friday that RB LeSean McCoy will "do some things today" and "we'll go from there. ... One movement at a time right now."

8 minutes ago, garybusey said:

In my opinion for this Sunday the Bills need McCoy more for the passing game than the running game. Anyone of our RBs (Murphy, Tolbert, even McCoy) will average around 3 ypc against this Jags D. Only McCoy, though, is a real receiving threat out of the backfield - that's how he needs to be utilized against the Jags. Throw McCoy the ball and get him in space right away.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I say have Murphy pound the rock and have Shady be mostly a receiver. 

in a 3 receiver set with shady(being one) out wide, they can keep murphy and dimarco in the backfield and run the hurry up out of that. they can switch back and forth as need be between run and pass.we could run a ton of different plays. this should shake up that vaunted jags d a bit and hopefully wear them down some......so long as tyrod doesn't hang on to the ball, tho he could use his legs as well.

35 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Actually catching passes is one of Murphy’s strengths. He almost switched positions to slot receiver coming out of Missouri.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually catching passes is one of Murphy’s strengths. He almost switched positions to slot receiver coming out of Missouri.

True. But he should be the one pounding the ball this game to save wear and tear on Shady.