Will The Drought End Tonight?

The_Dude

Will The Drought End Tonight?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Bills End The Drought Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2017 at 11:00 PM

Depends on what Goodell wants and tells the officials in the four games to do.    You would think that the fans would rather see an underdog story than another routine Baltimore or Tennessee team but Goodell wants large market teams with well known quarterbacks.   He also loses a yearly story/punch line if Buffalo snaps their drought.

Taking that aside, I have a feeling that Buffalo wins but misses out.    Baltimore will likely crush Cincinnati and I don't see both Tennessee and San Diego losing.  

This has been a good start for McDermott.  No one expected more than 6 wins this year but it is the first time in over a decade that a Bills game meant something in week 17. 

Edited by dgrochester55

I say no but a baltimore loss be a very surprising.....it would be like winning the SB.....however...either way i think we are moving in the right direction......just please have Dennision on that Black Monday list!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I voted yes,  it’s been 17 years of getting no help.  Today, we get some help.  Aj Green owns the Bungles and there’s no Jimmy Smith today.  Cinci says thanks to Marvin Lewis and they send him out with a win.  Gotta be positive today.  Lots riding today ladies and gents.  Get fired up!!!

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Totally agree.  Jags, Chargers, and Ravens all win.  Just for the record, if Taylor had started against LA instead of Peterman, we still would've lost.

And the story would then be why McDermott was so stubborn to not start Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills win.

Just win.

If it ends this thread will be historical.

The trolling on the dunkirk don files will explode

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I voted yes,  it’s been 17 years of getting no help.  Today, we get some help.  Aj Green owns the Bungles and there’s no Jimmy Smith today.  Cinci says thanks to Marvin Lewis and they send him out with a win.  Gotta be positive today.  Lots riding today ladies and gents.  Get fired up!!!

Hell yeah breh

I'm really hoping we do. Would love to see the Bills in the playoffs again, but I voted no.  I just don't think Baltimore will lose and I don't think both the Titans and Chargers will lose today.  Ill still be sitting here rooting and praying for it though.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills lost their chance when they lost to Cincy and the Jets.  The other losses were to clearly better teams, including the Chargers.  I think the Bills are better than the Ravens and would beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10, but that's not how it works.

In 2004, the Bills needed a lot of games on the final weekend to go one way or the other, and ALL those requirements came to pass.  The Bills didn't have any reason to expect all those breaks to go their way.  They still lost, at home, to the Steelers backups.  That loss, I think, plus all the front office turmoil, instilled a sense of loserdom at OBD that is just now being washed away.  I'm very hopeful of a big improvement next year.

I voted no.  I think Buffalo beats Miami in a close game but doesn’t get the needed help.  

11 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills lost their chance when they lost to Cincy and the Jets.  The other losses were to clearly better teams, including the Chargers.  I think the Bills are better than the Ravens and would beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10, but that's not how it works.

In 2004, the Bills needed a lot of games on the final weekend to go one way or the other, and ALL those requirements came to pass.  The Bills didn't have any reason to expect all those breaks to go their way.  They still lost, at home, to the Steelers backups.  That loss, I think, plus all the front office turmoil, instilled a sense of loserdom at OBD that is just now being washed away.  I'm very hopeful of a big improvement next year.

I don’t think they are better than Baltimore.  Not sure it’s even close. 

I can't vote because it's to much to consider for me. Usually I find it fun to predict but for some reason it bothers me to say I think the Bills win but the other games don't swing a positive way.

A small part of me thinks it can all work.  I was wrong when I said Miami would beat us last time. Now I feel like Bills are a lock. It's the other games I don't feel good about in this equation.

The worst thing for me is if the Bills win but still don't get to make it. That would be brutal.

Edited by Lfod