Today is always a bit depressing for me

Steptide

I want more than anything for the tide to turn our way and we get in the playoffs. Would make for the best New years in a long time. 

Today is always a bit sad for me though. It's the final week of regular season NFL football. We wait 8 long months for football to start, and when it finally does, the season goes by so fast. There's a few weeks after football ends that I find myself depressed. OK maybe depressed is a strong word, but it is still sad when it all comes to an end. Here's to the bills finally getting in the playoffs this year! Go bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I want more than anything for the tide to turn our way and we get in the playoffs. Would make for the best New years in a long time. 

Today is always a bit sad for me though. It's the final week of regular season NFL football. We wait 8 long months for football to start, and when it finally does, the season goes by so fast. There's a few weeks after football ends that I find myself depressed. OK maybe depressed is a strong word, but it is still sad when it all comes to an end. Here's to the bills finally getting in the playoffs this year! Go bills! 

Cheers to the Bills giving us at least one more game after today and making it to the post season....

I actually feel pretty good at how the year went for the Bills on and off the field.  The way I'm looking at it, win or lose today along with the outcome of the 3 other games impacting the AFC wild cards, the ending of this season is far and away better than last year.  A playoff spot would be great and not getting it would be disappointing but for the first time in a long time entering the off season this team looks like its headed in the right direction.  Now if the Sabres can turn it around the rest of winter/early spring might get more interesting.  

The season is short and mega intense, and that's one of the main reason of the NFL's major success IMO. So adding Thursday games, Saturdays, and on and on has actually diminished the cravings... but it is stilt VERY strong. I hear ya. Though today is different as it could, AT LAST, NOT be the end of the season for the Bills!

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is going to be a very busy and interesting off-season.

Plus, pitchers and catchers will be reporting in no time!

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yeah, i hear ya.

After the season ends, i look forward to the draft and then have to wait another 5 months for any ball again. I don't get depressed, but it seems like a long, longgggggggggggg time before Sept. rolls around.

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I'm actually looking at this glass half full.  This is the 1st time we've had a meaningful Week 17 game since 2004 I believe.  Hope it doesn't disappoint like that year though 

But we only needed to win; no other help necessary.  My God, just thinking about that right now pisses me off.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So, if the Bills should make the playoffs, you're on board for Not Ready Nate getting the start?

He looked decent against the Colts and since we judge a career on a half of football we have lots of 1td and 0int halves to look forward to.