Sammy who?

SJDK

Antonio Brown gets all the attention in the world and ***** out 2-3 tds a week regularly. A lot of other elite receivers also produce week in and week out. Sammy has elite talent, but he’s not an elite WR. (For many reasons) 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

9 tds back in 2015 if you wanna dabble in reality 

Oh wow sorry that changes the context so much. 

On 12/29/2017 at 5:33 PM, SJDK said:

I was abused by this board received warnings from mods for defending myself and I stand here today to show just what has happened with these two players.

You "received warnings from mods for defending" yourself??

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Antonio Brown gets all the attention in the world and ***** out 2-3 tds a week regularly. A lot of other elite receivers also produce week in and week out. Sammy has elite talent, but he’s not an elite WR. (For many reasons) 

Antonio Browns on pace for 32 tds again ??‍♂️??

Youre going out too deep again. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Right and your boy will set a career record with 9 right? And has been healthy exactly 1 year...let’s give him 15 mil! 

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Anyone who can defend Sammy must have missed the Dunne article where he admitted to not giving his alll and caring more about stats than the team. The fact that not a single person on the Bills was upset about his departure speaks volumes. Shady gives 100% each week and he clowned on Sammy. That told me enough 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Total ??.    Tell me what Todd Gurley did last year when he averaged 1.5 yards less a carry.  Sammy/Woods/OL additions have made that team insanely well rounded 

Correct.   My mans not being truthful due to agenda/vendetta. 

12-4 without Sammy too huh ???‍♂️??‍♂️

They had a lot of additions and Todd Gurley is their MVP not Sammy Watkins. Gurley may end up the league MVP too and If Watkins was as good as some think, he’d be making more plays. I’m sure the defenses they face would rather not give up 100Yd+  rushing and a bunch of yards receiving to Gurley. You can bet defenses know who is getting the ball and key on Gurley. Yet their #1 receiver has trouble getting the ball. You can’t tell me that defenses are more concerned with Sammy than Gurley. Last year was last year and they added a lot to get that team where it is.

Edited by SJDK
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SJDK said:

They had a lot of additions and Todd Gurley is their MVP not Sammy Watkins. Gurley may end up the league MVP too and If Watkins was as good as some think, he’d be making more plays. I’m sure the defenses they face would rather not give up 100Yd+  rushing and a bunch of yards receiving to Gurley. You can bet defenses know who is getting the ball and key on Gurley. Yet their #1 receiver has trouble getting the ball. You can’t tell me that defenses are more concerned with Sammy than Gurley. Last year was last year and they added a lot to get that team where it is.

Why does he need to make more plays ? 

Are they struggling to score points ? 

Gurley is def their mvp but wouldn’t be as good if Tavon Austin or Cooper Kupp was wr1

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 hours ago, SJDK said:

As far as receiving is going he draws the opposition's #1 cb and help.  That's indisputable.  

9 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

You can't catch passes when not thrown too or thrown away.  Goff is still learning and is hesitant to throw to Watkins.  Agian targets low and looks away from him if McVay doesn't call him as the primary target

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

These teams weren't performing at that level prior to their arrival?

Darby hurt the majority of the season.

Marcell walked into a ready made situation as did SW. 

Yep - as you proclaim them as the reason why. :lol::lol:

I hope you cleaned up in Vegas because you would have made good money betting those three teams to win the division before the season.

Ready made situations... What a bunch of bs, but whatever lessens the sting for you or explains the exodus of talent since we hired the high school coach 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

As far as receiving is going he draws the opposition's #1 cb and help.  That's indisputable.  

You can't catch passes when not thrown too or thrown away.  Goff is still learning and is hesitant to throw to Watkins.  Agian targets low and looks away from him if McVay doesn't call him as the primary target

But not too hesitant to throw to Kupp or Bobby? You sammy apologists are funny. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I hope you cleaned up in Vegas because you would have made good money betting those three teams to win the division before the season.

Ready made situations... What a bunch of bs, but whatever lessens the sting for you or explains the exodus of talent since we hired the high school coach 

Nobody knew. But those teams were on an upward trajectory is all I'm saying.

BTW, I endorse the moves. No skin off my back.

9 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

You have Antonio brown getting 32 tds and Watkins taking two years to get 8.

Do facts or reality just not matter to you?

You're completely wrong, give it up. This isn't about context, you are factually wrong. You get called out when you say things that are wrong.

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Nobody knew. But those teams were on an upward trajectory is all I'm saying.

BTW, I endorse the moves. No skin off my back.

You said ready made. Philly and LA I know weren't any where near favorites in those divisions. And I believe the titans were in the south. 

But if you like the moves, you like them. I'm not a fan of trading Sammy Watkins for a 2nd, Darby for a 3rd, or Dareus for a 5th. Because you most likely won't draft comparable players in those slots. But this doesn't seem to matter to most bills fans. Why? I can't understand it for the life of me. Dareus is still going to be the biggest cap hit on the team next year. And we got a !@#$ing fifth because the high school coach doesn't understand how to build trade value.

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're completely wrong, give it up. This isn't about context, you are factually wrong. You get called out when you say things that are wrong.

You said ready made. Philly and LA I know weren't any where near favorites in those divisions. And I believe the titans were in the south. 

But if you like the moves, you like them. I'm not a fan of trading Sammy Watkins for a 2nd, Darby for a 3rd, or Dareus for a 5th. Because you most likely won't draft comparable players in those slots. But this doesn't seem to matter to most bills fans. Why? I can't understand it for the life of me. Dareus is still going to be the biggest cap hit on the team next year. And we got a !@#$ing fifth because the high school coach doesn't understand how to build trade value.

So what do you think about the coaching staff? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Single coverage or lost in formations and and that's the call Goff has as he won't throw into coverage.

Watch the games and come back when Watkins signs his contract.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Single coverage or lost in formations and and that's the call Goff has as he won't throw into coverage.

Watch the games and come back when Watkins signs his contract.

Havr watched the Rams a lot this year and I see a guy who can look dominant in flashes, then disappears. Also looks lost and confused at times. Pretty much same as he was in Buffalo, except he’s stayed healthy. I don’t think anyone is doubting his talent / ability. I doubt his “intangibles” and that’s why I don’t think he will ever truly be an elite WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Havr watched the Rams a lot this year and I see a guy who can look dominant in flashes, then disappears. Also looks lost and confused at times. Pretty much same as he was in Buffalo, except he’s stayed healthy. I don’t think anyone is doubting his talent / ability. I doubt his “intangibles” and that’s why I don’t think he will ever truly be an elite WR. 

I watch too and like many times you know Goff's reads and the play call and Sammy isn't part of it.  

It is what it is, and anyone who denies that his absence hasn't affected the Bills is full of it..... 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Amazing how good QB play changes the fortunes of some (see Philly, LA).

Yes, I like the moves. Get over it.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:
4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

As I always say: the only mystery with Watkins is why he doesn't get more targets.

On a per-target basis, he's utterly dominant.

Seriously.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why does he need to make more plays ? 

Are they struggling to score points ? 

Gurley is def their mvp but wouldn’t be as good if Tavon Austin or Cooper Kupp was wr1

He needs to make more plays to justify calling him a big contributer or super decoy. I’m saying his average receiver performance for them this year is because Gurley and the other receivers gets so much attention. So super Sammy should be open if he’s so dominant right? The rams are good and nobody is saying they aren’t but what I am saying is that Sammy Watkins is JAG.

6 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Had more practice time and ota's to develop rapport. Also, they run the underneath routes, where Goff usually goes as he doesn't go through all the progressions. It makes sense to make things simple for Goff as he's relatively inexperienced. But you wouldn't know how often SW is open, how often Goff is off target , etc unless you watched the Rams games. It's pretty clear that you don't. 

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Needless to say, especially with the included trade-up, Watkins was the wrong WR to draft by this team in that year's draft.

That's pretty obvious now.

Whaley lost his job over that move, in part.

The trade was made and the Bills did a lousy job using him in their offense.  

You play the cards you are dealt.  When playing poker and you have A spades, J diamonds, 9 hearts, 6 spades, and 3 clubs, you don't discard the Ace (Watkins) & Jack (Darby)........   

Trying to keep it simple and not try to use Bridge analogies......

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2017 at 7:32 PM, SJDK said:

You are correct that he has more physical gifts and talent but at the end of the day those two players have similar production. Most of Sammy not living up to his potential is that he has kept going out there when injured instead of healing. I said injury prone which he is. I didn’t ever say he was prone to missing a bunch of games. The touchdowns that he has had in this mediocre season are due primarily to the presence of Todd Gurley and the other weapons and definitely not the other way around. OBJ blows Sammy out of the water by the way. That simple fact can be seen from watching football games. Real number ones catch the ball no matter who is covering. Antonio Brown, Julio, OBJ for example.

Sammy is #1 WR talent in the NFL at WR, despite not playing with a Big Ben, Matt Ryan, or Eli...all teams where the 3 guys you mentioned are literally force fed the ball in offenses that pass a ton.  

Sammy started his career with Orton...then was HIGHLY productive when actually healthy with Tyrod, but unfortunately was only healthy for about 9 games mostly thanks to the foot injury.  Now, he is in LA and still producing on a run first team FULL of receiving weapons with a QB who is a terrible deep ball thrower where Sammy is MOSTLY used as a deep threat.  

Put Sammy in Atl, NY, or Pitt as the #1 target and he puts up similar numbers to everyone except maybe Brown who is in a league of his own.  I love how people want to compare Sammys "production" on mostly run first and bad offenses to guys who play in PROLIFIC passing attacks with Super Bowl and Pro Bowl QB's.  Not to mention, Sammy had the lingering foot injury that essentially robbed him of almost all of 2016 where he mistakenly kept trying to play through it and was nothing more than a decoy out there for the Bills.  

People are so obsessed about being right on Sammy being a bust, they have completely lost sight of the reality of his situation compared to those they insist on comparing him too.  I guess you think Eric Moulds wasn't that good either because his stats are not that great too and you think it had nothing to do with the terrible QB's he played with.  I mean in 12 season he only broke 1000 yards 4 times and almost all his career averages are lower than Sammy's.  And thats including Sammy's 2016 where he shouldn't have even been on the field in 6 of his 8 games.  

Hind sight being 20/20 Watkins was a desperate move to try and make EJ a legitimate QB.. 

I was surprised but not sad with the trades of both Watkins and Dareus. Both showed splashes of greatness both underwhelmed when looking at their full body of work. Yes Watkins has a bit of a QB excuse, but nothing changed for him in LA so got to start thinking its Sammy. I mean Woods had a MUCH better season in LA.   Dareus had good help most of his time here so no excuses for him.