Sunday is the biggest game since 2004

QB Bills

I'm hopeful but realistic.  The fact is, the Ravens and Chargers are both better than the Bills.  That doesn't mean the Bills don't deserve to get in, but I won't be complaining if they beat Miami and still don't get in.

They're on an upward trend, but they still have a lot of weak spots.  The thing is, almost all teams have several weak spots.  So let's hope for the playoffs this year, but keep a warm feeling in the back of your mind, because even better days are ahead.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm hopeful but realistic.  The fact is, the Ravens and Chargers are both better than the Bills.  That doesn't mean the Bills don't deserve to get in, but I won't be complaining if they beat Miami and still don't get in.

They're on an upward trend, but they still have a lot of weak spots.  The thing is, almost all teams have several weak spots.  So let's hope for the playoffs this year, but keep a warm feeling in the back of your mind, because even better days are ahead.

We were an 8-8 team that got rid of Sammy Watkins, Stephon Gilmore, and Marcell Dareus (all top 10 picks, 2 top 5) and the worst we can finish is 8-8 again. Not too bad all things considered.

59 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Jets lost because our game ended before their game did and once they saw we had lost they pulled most of their starters going into OT and thus conceded the game. We probably still don't make it had we beat the steelers 

So, the Jets starters couldn't put away the Rams in regulation, even kicking a game tying FG with 5 minutes left, but all of a sudden the Jets "conceded" OT? No chance the Rams could have won in OT against Jets starters? Jets were just toying with them in regulation?

I see Chad Pennington and Curtis Martin played in OT. Who were the starters benched? 

Edited by BillsFan2313
Jets tied the game with 5 minutes left

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

The questions here is, will Mike Mularkey screw us again? .... for you younger folks, the Bills were heavily favored in that last game of the 2004 season--all they had to do was win, they were on a 6 game win streak and were just killing teams---to the Pittsburg Steelers, who sat all their key starters. And yet, they still crushed us rather easily. 

I rank that as one of the top three losses in franchise history: 1) Wide Right, 2) Music City Ripoff, and 3) The Great Let Down vs the Steelers.

The only question for this week is, will the demons be exercised?

Those Steeler backups were great players.  

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i started on that board in 2004 and quite honestly i still think it was more entertaining than here. anywho....

this last game was like a punch in the gut to me. we could have won that game. the entire second half we couldn't get anything going and our d got gassed...again. i can't for the life of me figure out why this coach did not have the stones to switch things up a bit. why not put nate in for a series here and there....run the two minute drill....throw something different at them.

instead we get two quarter tyrod and two yard tolbert. i just don't get it and expect more of that this week....pathetic. i'm praying they get in , but if they don't get up 2 scores early we all know how that goes.

Hey, where do you get off calling him Two-yard Tolbert?!!??   Oh wait, now I get it, his total yardage over a season.  

Two yards on one carry is wayyyyy off the mark.  ;-)

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

"All we need"?  That's a tall order, in my book. 

I think us beating the Fins will be a taller order than the Bengals beating Ravens.

I think we have a decent chance, but, need to take care of our business.

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Jets lost because our game ended before their game did and once they saw we had lost they pulled most of their starters going into OT and thus conceded the game. We probably still don't make it had we beat the steelers 

That is true. They had a chance to win the game in OT and decided to kick a really long FG (53 yards) when the money play was either to go for it or punt.  They knew that they were already in, though, and probably wanted to get out of there and not risk injury. 

18 hours ago, QB Bills said:

And this board is littered with threads on QBs for next year and PEOPLE {idiots} complaining about Tyrod.

What happened to this place? There have been a couple of good posters come over from BBMB but it seems as they've been vastly outnumbered by the mouth-breathing table jumpers. That can't be all of it though. 

I think the Bills have finally broken some of you when I read that you'd rather miss the playoffs than get knocked out in the first round if Tyrod is the QB.

We have a realistic shot at the postseason for the first time in forever and there is zero buzz around here. What's the deal?

I've been here a hell of a lot longer than you, and our QB situation has been this bad like a roller coaster for years and years, so trying to equate newer posters with our situation does not jibe.

Everyone knows Tyrod is incapable of winning any big game- ESPECIALLY if we make the playoffs, so it just goes to reason WHY there is little buzz!!! I mean let me see... Tyrod the Incapable playing a playoff game with a lower round draft pick or us missing the playoffs with a higher draft pick and a MUCH better shot at a franchise QB in trade... it's just a very odd situation.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

21 hours ago, CSBill said:

The questions here is, will Mike Mularkey screw us again? .... for you younger folks, the Bills were heavily favored in that last game of the 2004 season--all they had to do was win, they were on a 6 game win streak and were just killing teams---to the Pittsburg Steelers, who sat all their key starters. And yet, they still crushed us rather easily. 

I rank that as one of the top three losses in franchise history: 1) Wide Right, 2) Music City Ripoff, and 3) The Great Let Down vs the Steelers.

The only question for this week is, will the demons be exercised?

I thought we needed help from the Jets and we did not get it.  We would still not have made the Playoffs even if we had beat the Steelers !

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry OP,  but a lot of us old timers who remember the glory years are broken too. After last week I've never been more convinced we won't make the playoffs UNTIL THE NFL ALLOWS US ENTRY.

We don't generate NFL TV revenue 

We don't have compelling stars like Brady

We're a small market

You're blaming the NFL for not allowing us in the playoffs?  They've done a heck of a job then for the last 17 years.  Wouldn't a good team shake that Benjamin bad call off, use it as a "us against them" motivation for the 2nd half, and win the game instead of it turning into a blowout against them?  I'm sick of excuses.  Go in there and take care of business against the Fins and hope for a New Years miracle.  

Edited by Doc Brown

All I know is I was gifted tickets to Sunday’s game

ill be there cheering the Bills on and I’m sure Bills Mafia will be strong in presence..It’ll be like a home game for us..

Drinking,cheering,scoreboard watching..I can’t imagine a better way to end the year and hopefully the drought

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

I'm excited. First year of the new coaching staff and a so-called "rebuild" and we're sitting here in the conversation in week 17. This season was VASTLY better than probably anyone's realistic expectation given the circumstances. 

I know people will jump to the whole "The roster is McBeane's fault!" garbage, but if he can coach THIS group of guys to 9-7 and a playoff berth? It has me excited where he can take us once he and Beane get the chance to build the roster their way. 

Anybody who's still complaining at this point needs to just go the hell away. 

There is zero chance we lose against the Dolphins. The bills will take care of their business but I have zero faith in the rest of it going hour away. I think that is why there is not much Buzz around Buffalo right now. Everyone knows what the outcome is going to be and it will most likely end in devastating fashion with a last-second field goal by the Ravens

It would be nice to finally get that 17 year monkey off our backs. I think the Bills will go 9-7, but not so sure they’ll get the help they need. It’s too bad the offense couldn’t do their jobs in the Panthers and Bengals games and we wouldn’t have to worry about all these tie breaker scenarios. Either way, it’s nice to be playing meaningful games at the end of the season and I hope the season continues after this weekend. 

My prediction, we win but don’t get in the playoffs.

We simply didn’t do enough this season to warrant post-season anyway.

i also expect a near full house cleaning this off season, doubling the carnage from last year. So even if by some miracle the right team(s) win along with us Sunday, many players who finally ended the curse may not even be Bills by March 1st.

On 2017-12-28 at 7:38 AM, QB Bills said:

And this board is littered with threads on QBs for next year and PEOPLE {idiots} complaining about Tyrod.

What happened to this place? There have been a couple of good posters come over from BBMB but it seems as they've been vastly outnumbered by the mouth-breathing table jumpers. That can't be all of it though. 

I think the Bills have finally broken some of you when I read that you'd rather miss the playoffs than get knocked out in the first round if Tyrod is the QB.

We have a realistic shot at the postseason for the first time in forever and there is zero buzz around here. What's the deal?

EDITED by Moderator. No Name Calling.

And you can thank our defense and McCoy for giving them the opportunity.... Let’s hope to god the Phins try to pressure Tyrod like they did the whole first half a couple weeks ago because if they backoff and let him sit in the pocket we are screwed.

Edited by BananaB

On 12/28/2017 at 3:43 AM, Elite Poster said:

To be honest, the outcome of that game does not necessarily control our destiny unless other things happen and lets be honest, this franchise is not lucky.

It might be depressing, but I've already decided it's done. You have to control your own destiny. 

Its probably gonna rain.

On 12/28/2017 at 6:38 AM, QB Bills said:

Tyrod is horrible.  BTW, didn'tget past your line calling me an idiot. But yeah, Im excited for Sunday

On 12/28/2017 at 3:38 AM, QB Bills said:

I Ages with QB 100%. We have a real shot at playoffs and all most of the "fans" around here want to do is pi$$ and moan and fantasize about QBs and the draft. there will plenty of Time for that after the season is over whenever that is.

Go Hotrod!!

Go Shady!!

Go all the guys!!

Go  BILLS !!! Lets win this thing.

If all those other teams are better than us why are they behind us?

Go BILLS !!.