Allen or Mayfield?

Klaista2k

Which QB should the Bills take?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should the Bills take?

• Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield

Literally never watched Allen play but he sounds like EJ 2.0.

Too much "potential," not enough production.

Mayfield has been uber successful in college and is a serious competitor. If the coaches can channel that he sounds like a Buffalo guy to me.

Out of all the prospects, Rosen sounds the least like a Buffalo guy.

Not that I watch college ball 0:)

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Literally never watched Allen play but he sounds like EJ 2.0.

Too much "potential," not enough production.

Mayfield has been uber successful in college and is a serious competitor. If the coaches can channel that he sounds like a Buffalo guy to me.

Out of all the prospects, Rosen sounds the least like a Buffalo guy.

Not that I watch college ball 0:)

I think Rosen will be good but I think it will only be bledsoe good.  I think the idea of him is better than actually what he is if that makes sense

I agree allen blows

Hes worse than.osweiller

First of all, what does Dunkirk Don's insider say?

Second, I want to like Mayfield, but he sure reminds me a lot in his style of play and behavior of Johnny Football ... that makes me a bit hesitant---but I would be thrilled if the Bills got him.

Third, as far a raw talent, I believe Allen is above the rest, but he would need time, something the Bills don't have and we fans don't have the patience for.

Fourth, stay away from QB's that come from SoCal---don't sell the farm for either Rosen or Darnold.

And the rest, Jackson, Mason, etc., are 3rd round talent at best, but because of the desperate need for QB's around the NFL, they will get drafted higher than their talent warrants---hopefully. not be the Bills.

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

i never got the Allen love. He was never that great in college in a subpar conference and his accuracy seems to be an issue, which is a huge red flag. We aren't a stable enough franchise to go with a developmental, all the physical tools qb prospect again.

Agree.  When teams fall in love with physical traits but ignore production it usually does not end well.  Even with better receivers hard to believe he will be more accurate.  Not sure where he is with leadership skills but Mayfield has that covered in aces.

I can't remember where I read/listened to it, but Mayfield is actually one of the better pocket passers coming out. The height thing seems a bit overblown.   

Is he a McD type? Who's to say.  He might freak out during one of Coach's clapping fits on the sidelines.  

Between the two, Mayfield.  He shows up in big games and that's important.  I think that's part of what makes that really awesome NFL QB.  

Some people try comparing Allen to Carson Wentz.  The difference IMO is that Wentz led his teams to two titles.  Allen really didn't lead Wyoming anywhere.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Been an Allen fan but he may not be right for us.  He needs to sit behind a veteran QB and learn.  Who is he gonna learn from...Tyrod??? That's laughable unfortunately

That is the biggest consideration when selecting Allen. LAC would be a great fit for him. Sit behind Rivers for a couple of seasons and learn the NFL game. Peterman and Tyrod don't inspire confidence in that regard.

now, if Alex Smith were to be brought on board....

16 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That is the biggest consideration when selecting Allen. LAC would be a great fit for him. Sit behind Rivers for a couple of seasons and learn the NFL game. Peterman and Tyrod don't inspire confidence in that regard.

now, if Alex Smith were to be brought on board....

San Diego, New York Giants, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, maybe the Cards...all of those teams with veteran QBs who should be looking for the next QB of their franchise.  I agree that if we pick up another veteran...we could be in this conversation but that could be said about almost any team unfortunately

14 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

75th in the country in QBR. 

84th in passer rating.

Those rankings are ass.

He doesn't throw bubble screens from the spread for half his throws like the majority of college qbs do now.  He makes throws that no other qb in the draft can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.