Allen or Mayfield?

Klaista2k

Which QB should the Bills take?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should the Bills take?

• Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield

I think it’ll end up being Rudolph. As one person above stated, in the system they run, they’ll be looking for something different than what Mayfield and Allen offer;

“Our OC has shown his resistance to adjusting his scheme to fit the talent at hand. Mayfield is a 5-7 step downfield passer and Dennison offense is 1st based upon the 3 step drop.” And Allen hasn’t shown enough touch in my opinion to become a solid west coast rhythm passer.

Rudolph is big, can see the middle of the field, seems to be able to hit the out routes towards the sidelines, and is large enough to see all his routes and throw over the middle of the field. 

33 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

While I'm in the Mayfield camp on this one (His attitude brings to mind a certain great Bills QB who really didn't want to initially be in Buffalo), I really don't think Hackenberg and Allen are in the same category. Allen really knows how to play football, has a massive arm, great mobility and a great desire to improve and win. If he ends up as the Bills pick, no one should be surprised. He has to cut down a bit on his risky throws to succeed in the NFL, as playing vs sub par competition had him getting away with throws he never would in the NFL, but he's got the look and body of an NFL QB. 

75th in the country in QBR. 

84th in passer rating.

Those rankings are ass.

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Not sure what you mean by "bad metrics" but if a player is capable of being an NFL franchise quarterback then he should fare much better than that in college.

Bad numbers, sorry. Sitting at work and got caught up in the lingo. He should show as higher than that, but you watch him and you know why he's got the amount of buzz about him that he does. To me he is much more Goff than Hackenberg and that was the comparison that my original post referenced.  

Mayfield is the best QB in the draft imo. Have said it time and time again. He is insanely accurate, over 70% completion percentage. Also, if you watch him play, he places the ball where his receivers can get YAC. Very important in this league. He sees the whole field and quickly processes that info to find the open man. He can make every throw across the whole field and he makes that throw accurately. No matter what his height may be, he moves extremely well in the pocket to find his throwing windows and hit the open man. The only thing to question is his maturity, but I think he's just a typical college kid. He has gone from a walk on, to a starter at one of the most storied programs in the country, and is a Heisman Trophy winner. He's done it week in and week out. You won't find a better resume. If he has a big couple of weeks in January then he just may sneak into the top 10. I would be happy if he were one of our 1st Round picks. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Mayfield. The guy has football coursing through his veins. He's a winner, and plays best when the spotlight is brightest. Besides, I saw a segment with Kiper and McShay about the QBs in 2018 draft . Kiper was asked after Darnold and Rosen, who do you think will be the best NFL QB? He said " Josh Allen".  That reminded me of '04 with Losman... hard pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would honestly be happy with either of them. Right now I would probably take Mayfield, but I have a lot more games I need to watch on both guys. 

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mayfield is the best QB in the draft imo. Have said it time and time again. He is insanely accurate, over 70% completion percentage. Also, if you watch him play, he places the ball where his receivers can get YAC. Very important in this league. He sees the whole field and quickly processes that info to find the open man. He can make every throw across the whole field and he makes that throw accurately. No matter what his height may be, he moves extremely well in the pocket to find his throwing windows and hit the open man. The only thing to question is his maturity, but I think he's just a typical college kid. He has gone from a walk on, to a starter at one of the most storied programs in the country, and is a Heisman Trophy winner. He's done it week in and week out. You won't find a better resume. If he has a big couple of weeks in January then he just may sneak into the top 10. I would be happy if he were one of our 1st Round picks. 

The one thing that concerns me about Mayfield is he has some studs at the WR position. Those guys get wide open and make Mayfields job a lot easier. Compared to a guy like Allen who has a horrific receiving core that never gets separation. 

5 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Rosen will be gone and Darnold probably isn't coming out so it's down to either Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield.

Which one should we take?

Mayfield no question, always take proven or potential.

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Baker Mayfield 100%

throws with anticipation... lots of games started...

strong , accurate arm, sees windows others don't see.

He is a rythem passer and is passionate about the game

if he was 6'4 he would be a top 3 lock

Top 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

While I definitely respect your opinion because I only saw him a few times (and he was terrible), even last year, he was a 56% passer and threw 15 ints.  That would be terrible in the SEC much less the mountain West. It's so hard to evaluate college Qbs but less than 60% passers rarely become franchise NFL Qbs.  But if he got with the right coach and is developed correctly, who knows? I also think McShay is terrible and he loves him. 

Luckily, I don't know if Buffalo Barbarian likes him because that would the final kiss of death. :)

Oh yeah he's my guy ...  :devil:

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Add Rudolph? I think he should be in the conversation with these two and I think he really fits what the team is looking for. 

My prediction is that Mason Rudolph full Verizon to the top 10 maybe even top 5 similar to how Philip Rivers grows up extremely fast in the last 2 weeks before the draft

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Just finished reading an article about Mayfield, an NFL exec said that he could be a star, but needed a team that would use him properly and that there were maybe 5 OC's in the league that could do that. I'm gonna guess Dennison isn't on that list.

Using this logic I guess the Buffalo Bills should know taking Joe Montana then because we didn't have Bill Walsh

Stupid logic

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Just finished reading an article about Mayfield, an NFL exec said that he could be a star, but needed a team that would use him properly and that there were maybe 5 OC's in the league that could do that. I'm gonna guess Dennison isn't on that list.

Time to jettison Dennison.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.