Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 5/26/2019 at 10:08 PM, billsfan89 said:

Black Mirror is the best thing going on Netflix. 3 new episodes come out on on June 5th. Stranger Things is Netflix's big hit and for good reason it is dam good. A lot of my favorite Netflix originals have been canceled in the past year or so. American Vandle, Dare Devil, Punisher, and so many other good show have been given the axe by Netflix unfortunately. 

I have watched probably the first 4 or 5 episodes of "Black Mirror" now and agree it's a great show.

However, there is a weird notchy movement problem with that show.  As the camera moves around, things don't flow in a smooth manner.  On some episodes, it is so bad it makes me dizzy and I have to stop watching.

I have never had any streaming issue like this with anything else on Netflix.  By the same token, I have never seen a Black Mirror episodes that didn't have this problem.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how it can be defeated?  How are you guys watching this show without getting sea sick? 

Thank you!

Edited by Nextmanup

On 5/29/2019 at 9:03 PM, /dev/null said:

Just finished S1 of Succession.  Not bad, kind of a Shakespearean family tragedy set in modern corporate America with Brian Cox as patriarch of a very dysfunctional family

I thought about trying for Brian Cox alone. He makes every scene better. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I thought about trying for Brian Cox alone. He makes every scene better. 

i'm not gonna lie to you, Brian Cox as part of the cast was part of what led me to watch

And as always, his performance was excellent :beer:

On 5/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, GoBills808 said:

Chernobyl on HBO is a good watch rn

Watched the 1st episode of this this week while I've been holed up in my house recovering from the flu. Really liked it. I definitely need to watch the rest, but gotta wait for the wife to be able to watch, too.

Watched the 1st episode of Good Omens on Amazon Prime. I dig dry British humor so I'm liking that.

I'm 5 episodes into Justified based on recommendations on here. Plus I like Timothy Olyphant. It's decent, but I hope it breaks from the procedural formula and I continue watching hoping/assuming it will based on the ending of the 1st episode. I've watched enough procedurals.

Other than Jessica Jones later this month and Stranger Things next month, I don't know how Netflix is going to keep at least my interest.

So much TV out there, it's virtually pointless to waste your time on any show you'd grade less than an A- yourself.

Couldn't find the actual clip, but reminds me of this exchange on The Simpson's when Homer became a TV recapper:

PETER SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) Homer, I'm the CEO of a major media conglomerate. We can't have you quit. You're one of America's top recappers.

DAN CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) I had to quit. Recapping was ruining my marriage. There were so many shows. I couldn't keep up.

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) It's true. Currently, there are over 500 scripted shows on network cable and streaming.

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) Why are you making so many shows? No one could watch more than 300 of them.

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) Oh, we don't care if people watch. We just care if they subscribe for $13 a month.

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer, gasping).

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) You see, if people subscribe and don't watch, then we don't actually have to make the shows. We just need viewers to believe they can watch them.

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) Fake shows - but what if people try to see them?

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) They won't because recappers like you will give those shows a B-.

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) No one ever watches a B-. But that's crazy. It could never work.

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) It already has. Are you familiar with the USA Network?

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) Sure. "Royal Pains," "Suits," "White Collar."

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) Have you ever seen any of those shows?

CASTELLANETA: (As Homer) No, but somebody must have - surely, somebody.

SERAFINOWICZ: (As CEO) There is no USA Network. There hasn't been for 20 years. It's just bus ads.

17 hours ago, Dante said:

After having to sit through the sjw "Perfection" shitshow maybe it's for the best.

Yeah, they don't seem to be trying very hard with their original content. There's been a few huge hits, but alot of crap that no one's watching or it is hyped but not living up to it.

The death blow to Netflix is all of the new streaming services that are popping up from the networks and production companies that will be streaming their own shows and content and removing it from Netflix. NBC taking back Friends and the Office, Disney taking their movies and Marvel stuff back, its going to leave Netflix with very little for people to want to pay their ever increasing prices for. Netflix was king when it was one of the only ones in the game, but now that the cable networks and production companies have decided to get their piece of the pie, it's going to take down Netflix unless they can come up with better original stuff to convince people to stick around. I'm sure Adam Sandler will create a few more gems for them to keep people paying for the service........

17 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, so IMO, all 3 new Black Mirror episodes sucked a fat one.  Anyone else watch these yet?  It’s almost as if they didn’t even try...

I'm starting to wonder with these popular shows if they are just getting lazy with continuing to create new episodes and after the initial ideas are done they just don't know what else to do, or if we are overhyping these programs and setting our expectations too high that nothing will live up to them any more? Is it really a coincidence that all these popular shows have been returning and people have been complaining that they aren't as good?

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, so IMO, all 3 new Black Mirror episodes sucked a fat one.  Anyone else watch these yet?  It’s almost as if they didn’t even try...

I watched all three last week.  They were disappointing.  I think it is difficult to come up with new material.   Also, the expectations are high, and that in itself is difficult to overcome.  

If you watch the old Twilight Zones, there are a lot of them that aren't so great.

If you like the "Roasts" Jeff Ross does on Comedy Channel..he has a series on Netflix named "Historical Roasts" . Watched Anne Frank the other day...and i must say i chuckled pretty much through the whole the 23 minutes or so. Not bust out laughter, but pretty funny

On 5/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, ricojes said:

Available June 12

Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese (Netflix Film)

Mind-blowingly great. Watched this yesterday & I'm still picking my jaw off the ground today over a lot of it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Nextmanup said:

I have watched probably the first 4 or 5 episodes of "Black Mirror" now and agree it's a great show.

However, there is a weird notchy movement problem with that show.  As the camera moves around, things don't flow in a smooth manner.  On some episodes, it is so bad it makes me dizzy and I have to stop watching.

I have never had any streaming issue like this with anything else on Netflix.  By the same token, I have never seen a Black Mirror episodes that didn't have this problem.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how it can be defeated?  How are you guys watching this show without getting sea sick? 

Thank you!

I have watched all of Black Mirror and haven't had the same experience.  Can you refer to a scene/moment in an episode where this happens?  I will rewatch and give my thoughts.  (I am assuming it isn't a problem with your device or framing issues if all your other shows show up fine.

In terms of Season 3 it was disappointing.  I convinced my girlfriend to watch the new episodes with me as she has never watched it before.  The only one she liked was the Miley one.  Despite having some Sci-Fi and techno-future issues, it seemed to be directed to a teeny bopper crowd.  I don't just say this bc Miley was in it.  It was about pop stars, high school teenager family issues etc.

9 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I have watched all of Black Mirror and haven't had the same experience.  Can you refer to a scene/moment in an episode where this happens?  I will rewatch and give my thoughts.  (I am assuming it isn't a problem with your device or framing issues if all your other shows show up fine.

In terms of Season 3 it was disappointing.  I convinced my girlfriend to watch the new episodes with me as she has never watched it before.  The only one she liked was the Miley one.  Despite having some Sci-Fi and techno-future issues, it seemed to be directed to a teeny bopper crowd.  I don't just say this bc Miley was in it.  It was about pop stars, high school teenager family issues etc.

S3 of Black Mirror sucked donkey balls.