Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 2/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Jon Bernthal is just so damn perfect in the role.

I hope they make a season 3 just because he's awesome.  I liked him on The Walking Dead, too.

I don't know why anyone would dislike the 2nd season of The Punisher.  It's just what it's supposed to be, and the actor in the role couldn't be better.

I just got to the episode of Punisher yesterday with the gym fight.:sick:

That was my first ever case of "did they really need to show that" with this show.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:13 PM, apuszczalowski said:

But because they leased the rights to Netflix for those shows, Netflix was going to be allowed to keep them, but it was Netflix that decided to get rid of them. Some say because they are mad at Disney for creating a rival streaming service and some say that they just had too many issues with the shows themselves constantly replacing showrunners and staff.

All those shows are good to excellent.

I hope Disney picks them up on their streaming site.

As of now I'm on the fence about paying for their streaming service when it finally comes out.  If those shows were renewed and moved their, I would definitely pay for it.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, apuszczalowski said:

That's one of the issues I had with Thor Ragnorok, they seemed to try and force the comedy and dumb characters down.

I saw that one but after watching the teaser am not sure what it's about?

They said recently that they made the movie and put thing in it to work into a 3rd movie which may happen now. I think you may learn more about what you were mentioning in Endgame

On 2/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Is this good?  I started it with the wife and in-laws, but we were all a little distracted and only made it like 20 minutes in.  I know that's not enough time to give to a show, but it wasn't grabbing my attention at that point.

It gets good?

Thor Ragnorok was the one Marvel movie I can almost say I disliked.  It was completely tone deaf from the Thor character and the previous Thor movies.  Such a pity 'cause Cate Blanchett was her usual awesome and supremely sexy self.

The soundtrack is very good, it's based on a comic. The action is good, the story is good. I really liked it. It's about a very rich guy who bought kids that had super powers, he teaches them to fight crime. The drama is in he alienates each of them in his own way which makes them screwed up adults. They need to come together to stop the Apocalypse.

Edited by Boca BIlls

18 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

The soundtrack is very good, it's based on a comic. The action is good, the story is good. I really liked it. It's about a very rich guy who bought kids that had super powers, he teaches them to fight crime. The drama is in he alienates each of them in his own way which makes them screwed up adults. They need to come together to stop the Apocalypse.

You convinced me.  I'll give it another try.  1st episode just started a little slow and I was around family.

Started watching Marvel’s The Runaways on Hulu. A mix of the X-Men and The Breakfast Club. It has the same feel as The Gifted on Fox. They use real Marvel characters, but I never read those books so I can’t say how similar the teens are. Teens discovering their powers as their rich parents work together on some dark secrets. I’d recommend it.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

All those shows are good to excellent.

I hope Disney picks them up on their streaming site.

As of now I'm on the fence about paying for their streaming service when it finally comes out.  If those shows were renewed and moved their, I would definitely pay for it.

I'm buying Disney Plus for The Mandalorian alone.

It's gonna be awesome.

So I get an email this morning from Netflix saying they are raising their price again so they can continue to make more great programming such as Umbrella Academy, Titans, etc. While showing about 6 different photos of titles they recently released. What I found funny was they included 'The Punisher' as one of them, a title they just canceled last week.

Usually, if you want to get people to go along with your price hike, you probably shouldn't include a popular show you just canceled......

34 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So I get an email this morning from Netflix saying they are raising their price again so they can continue to make more great programming such as Umbrella Academy, Titans, etc. While showing about 6 different photos of titles they recently released. What I found funny was they included 'The Punisher' as one of them, a title they just canceled last week.

Usually, if you want to get people to go along with your price hike, you probably shouldn't include a popular show you just canceled......

A few cents more is not a problem.

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's actually a couple bucks more....

Domt know why it is a couple of bucks for you... and if you cant afford that maybe you shouldnt have netflix in the first place. Complain about stuff like that and it seems you have your financial situation screwed up.

9 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Domt know why it is a couple of bucks for you... and if you cant afford that maybe you shouldnt have netflix in the first place. Complain about stuff like that and it seems you have your financial situation screwed up.

Where are you getting this from?

I wasnt complaining about them raising the fees, I was laughing at the fact that in an email they sent out informing people that they are raising their fees, they show a bunch of posters for their shows and include one of a popular show they just canceled.

You might want to go back and upgrade that 3rd grade reading level your at instead of making dumb comments about financial situations of people you have never met.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Where are you getting this from?

I wasnt complaining about them raising the fees, I was laughing at the fact that in an email they sent out informing people that they are raising their fees, they show a bunch of posters for their shows and include one of a popular show they just canceled.

You might want to go back and upgrade that 3rd grade reading level your at instead of making dumb comments about financial situations of people you have never met.

Are they running on a different schedule up there in Canada?  The price increase was a little while ago down here (which by the way was before shows were canceled).  You did have me checking my email right away though.  And did it actually mention Titans because that's a part of DC's streaming service, isn't it?

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Are they running on a different schedule up there in Canada?  The price increase was a little while ago down here (which by the way was before shows were canceled).  You did have me checking my email right away though.  And did it actually mention Titans because that's a part of DC's streaming service, isn't it?

Must be on a different schedule, the monthly fee in Canada is going up $3 a month, they just sent the email out last week advertising the recently added Umbrella Academy, The Punisher, and Titans.

I just thought it was funny that they advertise a show they just canceled in their email to let everyone know their prices are going up again......

Edited by apuszczalowski