Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

22 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Watched Ant Man & The Wasp on Netflix. I thought it was better than the first movie. Lots of funny moments. But the end felt a bit rushed, like they left some details on the cutting room floor.

My only issue with that movie was that in order to make a strong female hero and their new over the top comedy style, they turned Scott Lang into a bumbling moron.  Marvel has a strange trend lately of dumbing down their characters for the sake of comedy.  That should make for an odd lead in for what looks to be a big role in the next movie for Paul Rudd.

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

My only issue with that movie was that in order to make a strong female hero and their new over the top comedy style, they turned Scott Lang into a bumbling moron.  Marvel has a strange trend lately of dumbing down their characters for the sake of comedy.  That should make for an odd lead in for what looks to be a big role in the next movie for Paul Rudd.

I wanted more details on how Janet survived all that time in the Quantum verse. Someone said they thought they saw a city in the background, but I didn’t notice it. I was hoping that they would use it for an introduction of the Micronauts.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

That's one of the issues I had with Thor Ragnorok, they seemed to try and force the comedy and dumb characters down.

9 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Started watching "The umbrella Academy" pretty good show.

I saw that one but after watching the teaser am not sure what it's about?

9 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Hide contents

I wanted more details on how Janet survived all that time in the Quantum verse. Someone said they thought they saw a city in the background, but I didn’t notice it. I was hoping that they would use it for an introduction of the Micronauts.

They said recently that they made the movie and put thing in it to work into a 3rd movie which may happen now. I think you may learn more about what you were mentioning in Endgame

On 1/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, Nextmanup said:

I just read some synopses of all these; they all look interesting but "Stranger Things" spoke to me the most for some reason.

I have heard good things about "The Black Mirror" from a whole bunch of sources; I am going to check that out as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Some "Black Mirror" episodes are fantastic (Nosedive, White Christmas, USS Callister), but there are others that are just awful.  The National Anthem is like the worst start to a series ever.  I don't consider myself a prude at all, but there was just something in that episode that was completely unnecessary and repulsive.

That said, honestly, other than that episode I think most are at least watchable, if not really good.  Though I still haven't gotten around to "The Waldo Moment" or "Hated in the Nation," yet.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, PastaJoe said:

I’ve been watching the 2nd season of The Punisher on Netflix. Good action in every episode so far.

Jon Bernthal is just so damn perfect in the role.

I hope they make a season 3 just because he's awesome.  I liked him on The Walking Dead, too.

I don't know why anyone would dislike the 2nd season of The Punisher.  It's just what it's supposed to be, and the actor in the role couldn't be better.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, apuszczalowski said:

It's all part of the Disney streaming service, will be Disney/Marvel. Problem is whether they will revive the Netflix shows because of their content/ratings. Theres been talk that Disney doesnt want the R rating with the violence of the Marvel shows, although theres been other talks that they may be open to including more adult content to the service.

I believe they have a Scarlett Witch show, along with a Loki one in the works along with a 3rd. A heard there will be a Black Widow movie as part of the next phase of the Marvel universe too.

I'm looking forward especially to that Loki show, but I seriously hope Disney/Marvel and Netflix resolve whatever issues they need to in order to get all the Marvel shows that were on Netflix over to that streaming site.  

Daredevil and The Punisher were, by far, my favorite shows on Netflix outside of Stranger Things.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, Boca BIlls said:

Started watching "The umbrella Academy" pretty good show.

Is this good?  I started it with the wife and in-laws, but we were all a little distracted and only made it like 20 minutes in.  I know that's not enough time to give to a show, but it wasn't grabbing my attention at that point.

It gets good?

21 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's one of the issues I had with Thor Ragnorok, they seemed to try and force the comedy and dumb characters down.

Thor Ragnorok was the one Marvel movie I can almost say I disliked.  It was completely tone deaf from the Thor character and the previous Thor movies.  Such a pity 'cause Cate Blanchett was her usual awesome and supremely sexy self.

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jon Bernthal is just so damn perfect in the role.

I hope they make a season 3 just because he's awesome.  I liked him on The Walking Dead, too.

I don't know why anyone would dislike the 2nd season of The Punisher.  It's just what it's supposed to be, and the actor in the role couldn't be better.

They just announced the cancellation of both Punisher and Jessica Jones yesterday.  Jones will get one more season, but that's only because that was already in production.

51 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

disney has been cutting off their intellectual properties from other distributors in advance of their streaming service

But because they leased the rights to Netflix for those shows, Netflix was going to be allowed to keep them, but it was Netflix that decided to get rid of them. Some say because they are mad at Disney for creating a rival streaming service and some say that they just had too many issues with the shows themselves constantly replacing showrunners and staff.