Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but my wife and I both enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Genuinely funny with a good plot. The guy that played Lenny Bruce is dead on. 

I know it's not a streaming original, but This Is Us is better than I ever wanted to admit.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the best to come around in awhile. Not one bad episode and Season 2 mimicked Seaaon 1 in terms of how good it was. What a brilliant show and so perfectly cast. breasts up that Seaaon 3 is great too! 

The Catskills episodes were filmed last summer not to far from me in Deposit, NY. About 30 mins east of Binghamton on the Broome Co/Delaware River where the Catskills just about start. The casted a bunch of locals for extras and I recognized a few. Pretty cool!

On 1/31/2019 at 10:41 AM, Logic said:

"Abducted In Plain Sight" on Netflix is the craziest ***** thing I've ever seen.

I mean....wow. 

I just don't even know what to say about it

Just watched this last nite. I mean, who would believe it. One thing I noticed was that back in the 60's and 70's we identified these warped mofo's by their crimes, not their disease. They were called child molesters, not pedophiles. Like somehow these days we should be sympathetic and recognize these people have a disease. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Anyone watching Billions? I have now given up..way too over the top for me now. Maybe its me and i get bored after a season or two

Not sure how big of a role he plays, as I do not watch Billions, but I just saw Dan Soder (Mafee on Billions) at Helium Comedy Club this past weekend.   He was hilarious...

Soder...What's with all the traffic?

Uber Driver...Lacrosse game

Soder...C'MON!

Only in Buffalo...

Edited by ricojes

After recently getting Netflix, our first show was "OZARK" which we enjoyed and watched until we ran out of shows.

Then switched to "Stranger Things" which we enjoyed until we ran out of shows.

Then it was "The Umbrella Academy" which we really enjoyed until we ran out of shows.

We are on a roll, 3 for 3 in terms of great TV.

So what should be next? Your recommendations please!

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Y'all..Brockmire retuens tonight at 10 PM!!! On IFC..DTV 333. Maybe tghe best comedy/ drama on TV in a long while. Must see

Certainly not second rate talent there.  

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

After recently getting Netflix, our first show was "OZARK" which we enjoyed and watched until we ran out of shows.

Then switched to "Stranger Things" which we enjoyed until we ran out of shows.

Then it was "The Umbrella Academy" which we really enjoyed until we ran out of shows.

We are on a roll, 3 for 3 in terms of great TV.

So what should be next? Your recommendations please!

Narcos, Godless, Peaky Blinders, Mad Men 

Edited by Teddy KGB

On 4/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Narcos, Godless, Peaky Blinders, Mad Men 

Thanks for the comments; we're going to watch first episode of Peaky Blinders tonight.

Will report back.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, Steve O said:

Just watched this last nite. I mean, who would believe it. One thing I noticed was that back in the 60's and 70's we identified these warped mofo's by their crimes, not their disease. They were called child molesters, not pedophiles. Like somehow these days we should be sympathetic and recognize these people have a disease. 

Of course....people are not held responsible for their actions any longer.  They are only held responsible if they once uttered the wrong word.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thanks for the comments; we're going to watch first episode of Peaky Blinders tonight.

Will report back.

the first episode or two can be tough with the thick accents but once you get used to it, Peaky Blinders is amazing :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished season 1 of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.  Really enjoyed its mix of dark humor and violence.  It has a similar feel as Preacher.

Debating on whether to start Black Summer zombie series or Love, Death & Robots sci-fi animated anthology.

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Finished season 1 of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.  Really enjoyed its mix of dark humor and violence.  It has a similar feel as Preacher.

Debating on whether to start Black Summer zombie series or Love, Death & Robots sci-fi animated anthology.

I finished it too and I thought it was good, be interesting to see how it goes with a second season

4 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Black Summer was good, so was Love, Death, & Robots. My favorite of LDR was probably Lucky 13

LDR had some excellent episodes and some pretty <_< episodes

Lucky 13, The cyborg convoy heist, and the Red Army episodes were my favorites

• Like (+1) 1