Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I just read some synopses of all these; they all look interesting but "Stranger Things" spoke to me the most for some reason.

I have heard good things about "The Black Mirror" from a whole bunch of sources; I am going to check that out as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

If that show clicks for you, you will fly through the whole thing.  I watched the full two seasons in about a week.  Could not turn it off.

The wife and I started Making a Murderer this week. We are about 4 episodes in and it’s  truly amazing just how stupid these people are. If this is “slightly below average” IQ is, I do t even want to know what the truly stupid looks like. 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:41 AM, Logic said:

"Abducted In Plain Sight" on Netflix is the craziest ***** thing I've ever seen.

I mean....wow. 

I just don't even know what to say about it.

Thanks for your comment here!  It inspired me to watch the documentary last night, after having watched the first episode of "Stranger Things".

I think we need an entire thread for Abducted in Plain Sight.  What a bizarre and fascinating story, made all the more riveting by the knowledge that the whole thing is true and not fiction.

In fact, you could't tell the same story as a fictional film; no one would believe what's happening.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Watching it too, not bad. Surprised they haven't announced the cancellation of it yet

I think Marvel is going to do like DC and set up their own pay network. So some of the shows that were on Netflix may come back. I read that Marvel is considering a Vision & Scarlet Witch series.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, Boca BIlls said:

Still angry they got rid of Kevin Spacey on House of Cards.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

AFAIC they canceled the show.

I haven't bothered with the final season yet.  It's near the top of my recommended list whenever i log into Netflix but I just never get around to it

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I haven't bothered with the final season yet.  It's near the top of my recommended list whenever i log into Netflix but I just never get around to it

I don't think I'm going to bother with it.  I can't picture that show without him.  I know they tried to build her up over the last couple seasons, but Frank Underwood was still the entire show.

13 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

I think Marvel is going to do like DC and set up their own pay network. So some of the shows that were on Netflix may come back. I read that Marvel is considering a Vision & Scarlet Witch series.

It's all part of the Disney streaming service, will be Disney/Marvel. Problem is whether they will revive the Netflix shows because of their content/ratings. Theres been talk that Disney doesnt want the R rating with the violence of the Marvel shows, although theres been other talks that they may be open to including more adult content to the service.

I believe they have a Scarlett Witch show, along with a Loki one in the works along with a 3rd. A heard there will be a Black Widow movie as part of the next phase of the Marvel universe too.

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

AFAIC they canceled the show.

They did the last season without him, killing him off and I thought they did it to give them one season to close out the show although I could be wrong and they are going to continue more seasons without him.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

+1

I was mixed on it personally (some of the cannon changes to the characters bumped me because I'm that guy), but it's definitely a fun watch for anyone who dug 24/Homeland. Jim did a better job of it than I expected... 

I thought about adding this one to my list after I get through a few other shows and we still have Amazon Prime. Is Jim searching for Pam all over the world in this series?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

We tried to watch Russia Doll  https://www.netflix.com/title/80211627, we watched the whole first episode, half the second, and gave up. Thought it was awful

That one popped up with the big advertisement when I went on to Netflix this weekend. I watched the trailer an thought it was an interesting idea for a show, but not something I would be adding to my list just yet. Wasnt she the girl from the American Pie movies who supposed went nuts in real life?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's all part of the Disney streaming service, will be Disney/Marvel. Problem is whether they will revive the Netflix shows because of their content/ratings. Theres been talk that Disney doesnt want the R rating with the violence of the Marvel shows, although theres been other talks that they may be open to including more adult content to the service.

I believe they have a Scarlett Witch show, along with a Loki one in the works along with a 3rd. A heard there will be a Black Widow movie as part of the next phase of the Marvel universe too.

Do the shows on the streaming services actually use the ratings system?  I can't say that I've ever noticed them.

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I thought about adding this one to my list after I get through a few other shows and we still have Amazon Prime. Is Jim searching for Pam all over the world in this series?

That one popped up with the big advertisement when I went on to Netflix this weekend. I watched the trailer an thought it was an interesting idea for a show, but not something I would be adding to my list just yet. Wasnt she the girl from the American Pie movies who supposed went nuts in real life?

of that i am not sure, I knew her from Orange is the New Black