Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

8 hours ago, bdutton said:

Jack Ryan on Amazon was excellent.

Agreed

I don't remember if it was the final scene or the second to final scene

When the Black Ops guy hangs out in the last terrorist's hotel room, drinks his tea, and shoots him in the face

But I had to raise a glass and Dilly Dilly!

JKRY_101_.00_27_19_21.Still065.m.jpg&f=1

3a06308a73c543f23d48807d9584856e88e0dbdc

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think they have something, but the issue is that being Disney, they aren't keen on having content on it that would not be appropriate to watch with Family

That's where you create a new brand name to use for the stuff that doesn't fit that Disney family friendly vibe.  They use the ESPN name for their sports stuff, and the Marvel name for the comic stuff.  I don't see why they couldn't divide their streaming service up into sections.  With the vast amount of stuff they're going to own the rights to, the streaming service will be far more than just so called Disney movies/shows.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, shrader said:

That's where you create a new brand name to use for the stuff that doesn't fit that Disney family friendly vibe.  They use the ESPN name for their sports stuff, and the Marvel name for the comic stuff.  I don't see why they couldn't divide their streaming service up into sections.  With the vast amount of stuff they're going to own the rights to, the streaming service will be far more than just so called Disney movies/shows.

ESPN has sports stuff????

I agree, I think you call it something different and have sections for Disney and Marvel, and whatever else they will have.

I did just read today that Bob Iger from Disney came out and said they have big plans for Deadpool and other R Rated Marvel films which they will be carefully branding to not confuse them with the Disney brand. In other words, they wont slap a Disney label or logo on Deadpool movies so those living under rocks wont think it's a sequel to Frozen.........

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

ESPN has sports stuff????

I agree, I think you call it something different and have sections for Disney and Marvel, and whatever else they will have.

I did just read today that Bob Iger from Disney came out and said they have big plans for Deadpool and other R Rated Marvel films which they will be carefully branding to not confuse them with the Disney brand. In other words, they wont slap a Disney label or logo on Deadpool movies so those living under rocks wont think it's a sequel to Frozen.........

The label for Deadpool is pretty clear and it's "Marvel".  Whether or not they figure out how to role that and X-Men into the same world, they clearly fall into that loose classification.  If they netflix shows can exist along with all of the branches of the Avengers, so can the style of Deadpool.  I wonder if ultimately they do keep it separate but then label it as "Marvel: Avengers" vs. "Marvel: X-Men".

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The label for Deadpool is pretty clear and it's "Marvel".  Whether or not they figure out how to role that and X-Men into the same world, they clearly fall into that loose classification.  If they netflix shows can exist along with all of the branches of the Avengers, so can the style of Deadpool.  I wonder if ultimately they do keep it separate but then label it as "Marvel: Avengers" vs. "Marvel: X-Men".

I was referring to labeling on their product, not having the Disney name or logo on the advertisement/credits or on the bluray packaging. Also not using the Disney name for it

And actually the talk know is possibly integrating X-Men And deadpool into the Marvel universe stuff.

Edited by apuszczalowski

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It must be like those rumors I hear about MTV showing a music video or talking about music.......

When you have 8 different stations, sports or music videos are bound to slip in there somewhere.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

When you have 8 different stations, sports or music videos are bound to slip in there somewhere.

I thought that's why they became loose with the definition of sport and included broadcasting games like Bowling, darts, a d poker to fill the time...........

Do they add an extra station to cover the new 'E-sport' industry so we can watch people compete in video game tournaments?

On 1/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, apuszczalowski said:

Watched it too, it just started another season on CBC in Canada. It was a collaboration between Eugene and his son, who is also his son on the show. His actual daughter is also on the show, she is the girl who works the restaurant.

I played golf with Eugene a bunch of years ago, and I was constantly waiting for him to say something funny, as I find him hilarious a lot of times. He was a very good guy and kidded around with us but never funny, as a lot of these guys aren't in their normal lives. Decent golfer but I wanted him to be hilarious. ;)