Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 8/15/2021 at 12:50 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree. Really interesting to see it too from the Jermaine O’Neal angle, and how it impacted him.

If I remember correctly, Jeremy O'Neal is one of those rare professional athletes that did it right financially from the onset.  Impressive for a kid who went straight from high school to the pros.  I like how Jim Gray stood up for the players.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

If I remember correctly, Jeremy O'Neal is one of those rare professional athletes that did it right financially from the onset.  Impressive for a kid who went straight from high school to the pros.  I like how Jim Gray stood up for the players.  

Agreed re Gray.

BTW, some of those media talking heads back then calling all the players “thugs”— not a good look today. 

I'd be disingenuous if i said i didn't say the same thing, but that was 100% based on what the media was showing me.  I'm amazed that one guy, hadad, is still claiming he was an innocent victim. 

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed re Gray.

BTW, some of those media talking heads back then calling all the players “thugs”— not a good look today. 

Edited by The Poojer

On 8/17/2021 at 12:35 AM, Jauronimo said:

I enjoyed White Lotus.  Not sure what I am supposed to take away from it but I liked the general mood.  It was kind of hypnotizing.  

Eat the rich/White privilege with a little humor mixed in.  

I just loved watching Armond and Mark.   

I just watched the Woodstock 99 doc on HBO.

It was good, although I do feel like it missed a lot of stuff and would have liked a bit more from attendees as opposed to some of the unnecessary and obviously cynical media members used.  

It was a nice look back to the times, and also shined a lens on some interesting cultural takes I had not thought about.  

One of my biggest regrets was not attending, as I had a few opportunities to go and I was a 20 year old (about 2 weeks from 21).  Watching this though makes me feel like I may have been fortunate not to go.  I know I would have showed up with like $40 and maybe a tent, and been in serious difficulty with the heat, sanitation issues, sleep deprivation, etc...  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, ndirish1978 said:

HBO Max was just released where I live. They have some amazing series and get a lot of credit for them, but man they have some stinkers too. Just watched Band of Brothers (first time watching for the wife) and confirmed it's still one of my all-time favorites. 

I've only seen Band of Brothers about 30 times.  Pacific is very good, just different and a bit more brutal.  Currently filming "Masters of the Air." 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just started the second book and was glad to see that it is being made into a series.

Some people think it gets a little slow in the middle section of the series but I loved all of it. DM me and let me know what you think! If you like Wheel of time I'd recommend the Stormlight Archive for more classic fantasy and Mistborn Trilogy if you like post-apocalyptic fantasy.

Saw a really interesting doc on Hulu the other day called "Donut King". It's the rags to riches story of a Cambodian immigrant who evacuated at the end of the Vietnam war and came to California with literally nothing. He worked a bunch of jobs but wanted to run a donut shop so he got trained to run Winchell's donut shop. Anyway, he became so big by opening shops and sponsoring other Cambodian immigrants that today more than 90% of independent donut shops in California are run by Cambodians - truly an amazing legacy. I had no idea because I live in MA where there is a Dunkin Donuts on every corner....