IMO Why the Pats get the Calls

JinxedBill1

4 minutes ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Again, trying to make personal attacks on the Patriots because you have nothing else. ? Just like your team, you failed once again. 

When you're a twice convicted cheater, you get the personal attacks.  Pretty simple.  You root for an organization with low standards of competitive play, which revels in straying beyond the line of fairness.

Then you go on a fan forum of a team that the cheaters* just beat with an assist from the league office to gloat.  And then you wonder why no one embraces you with open arms?

Go away.  Aren't you late for Giselle's grandfather's birthday celebration?

I just think the NFL should make every questionable call in favor of the exciting play. They're trying to make the games more interesting, but taking away a last second TD when there is NO clear evidence has the opposite effect. It's so weird to me, everyone loses when they overturn something like that. More bad publicity. If they favored the scoring play on every questionable call would anyone hate that?

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think there's a good deal of truth in this.  The NFL, like any other successful business, is well tuned into what helps and hurts viewership.

I heard someone say once that baseball likes having the Yankees.  It makes baseball a long-running morality play, with Goliath always looming.  People like that story, and they really like it when some David comes along and knocks them out.   

Same with the Pats.   NFL loved the two Giant wins over the Pats in the Super Bowl, they loved the Pats wins over Atlanta and Seattle.   It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if Titans had come from behind to beat Atlanta.   The NFL likes having a team on top.

And I think they like it even better if the team has a little bit of evil attached to it, which the Pats do.  Brady just isn't as likeable as Peyton, Belichick not nearly as likeable as Dungy.   So they're easy to dislike a little.   The cheating doesn't hurt, either.  

The league knows what sells and what doesn't.  The Pats sell, so the league isn't going out of their way to make it difficult for the Pats.   

Exactly what I was getting at.  Thanks for the added comments, agreed.  

The NFL has rarely handed out more than a one game suspension for on-field violence for those without a long history of insanity 

eah sport appreciates excellence and wants to reward the most talented and innovative.  So they allow superior teams to push the level of competition above comfort levels of weaker teams.

LeBron gets an extra step as he creates a shot because it helps sell the game....

this is happens in every area of life....

19 minutes ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Again, trying to make personal attacks on the Patriots because you have nothing else. ? Just like your team, you failed once again. 

I'm sooo mad, arghhh you did so much of it!  You feel like a big man behind your computer screen?  Huh?  Big boy? You did so much for the team to win, I know they thank you all the time.  

Give it a break.  You're a special kind of pathetic if you get your kicks like this.  It's  one thing to talk about the game, it's another to do this.  I feel sorry for you to see how ugly you are on the inside.  And on Christmas too!  You ruined my Christmas; does that make you horny?  Is that how you get off?

You fan boys are just plain pathetic 

1 hour ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Lololol oh yeah they cheat! Is that what all you haters rely on in order to sleep at night after every Patriots Super Bowl victory? How did they cheat last year? ?

I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. It goes way past that. I would call it being aided & abetted by the NFL & Goodell, who have a vested interest in seeing the Pats remain on top, through whatever means necessary. Please .....This goes way past Deflategate. It's about a different set of standards for how the the game is legislated when the Pats are in it, i.e., why wasn't Gronk immediately ejected from the game after his WWE move on Tre White? Why do they never get called for OL holding? Why are rulings reversed in the Pats favor at an embarrassingly high rate?  I could go on ad nauseum. To not acknowledge this reality is just being intellectually dishonest. It's the collusion between the Krafty family and Roger (seriously, do we need the obligatory camera shot of the Kraft family suite at every game?)

I have the utmost respect for Belichick and Brady in their respective positions. I admire how much Belichick gets out of his squad no matter who is on the roster or hurt, and he is the greatest at making halftime adjustments. But the NFL is the ultimate enabler in a toxic co-dependent relationship. It's obvious for all to see. The Pats don't need any help getting pushed across the goal line.

If all this makes you feel proud to be Pats fan, I feel sorry for you. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. It goes way past that. I would call it being aided & abetted by the NFL & Goodell, who have a vested interest in seeing the Pats remain on top, through whatever means necessary. Please .....This goes way past Deflategate. It's about a different set of standards for how the the game is legislated when the Pats are in it, i.e., why wasn't Gronk immediately ejected from the game after his WWE move on Tre White? Why do they never get called for OL holding? Why are rulings reversed in the Pats favor at an embarrassingly high rate?  I could go on ad nauseum. To not acknowledge this reality is just being intellectually dishonest. It's the collusion between the Krafty family and Roger (seriously, do we need the obligatory camera shot of the Kraft family suite at every game?)

I have the utmost respect for Belichick and Brady in their respective positions. I admire how much Belichick gets out of his squad no matter who is on the roster or hurt, and he is the greatest at making halftime adjustments. But the NFL is the ultimate enabler in a toxic co-dependent relationship. It's obvious for all to see. The Pats don't need any help getting pushed across the goal line.

What makes me proud is all the whining and crying from other fanbases. You guys talk about pats crying you guys take the cake. Bills had chances and when the going got tough they folded like a cheap tent

I'm glad the fanbase is starting to see the truth. There has been a vested interest in seeing the Patriots win for over a decade now, going back to the Patriot Act of 2001. Coincidence? "I'm not a conspiracy theorist but.....". Stop caring what people think. Truth is truth. This is bigger than money or ratings.  What's really going on in New England? 

screen-shot-2017-02-07-at-11-42-58-am.pn

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

What makes me proud is all the whining and crying from other fanbases. You guys talk about pats crying you guys take the cake. Bills had chances and when the going got tough they folded like a cheap tent

Whining and crying is not what I am doing. The Bills lost to a superior team. I laid out a case objectively with examples I cited describing a parasitic relationship between the NFL and its' scion of virtue, the NE Patriots; why don't you try to refute those? Because you can't, even if you tried taking off your beer goggles.  You take pride in other fanbases' whining & crying? That is pathetic.

1 hour ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Just an observation. Your need to constantly edit your posts shows your incompetence and your overuse of emojis shows you are a douche. Merry Xmas. 

51 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Nah, the real whining comes in whenever the Pats get caught cheating.  THEN the skilled whiners kick in...conspiracies, paranoia, communist takeovers, "they hate us for our freedoms", aliens, right on down the line.  I loved watching you people during Deflategate.

Anyway,

As someone pointed out, besides yesterday, 4 games where a late game controversial/bad call decided the final outcome of a game.  All in the Pats favor.  It takes them from a 3 loss team to a 7 loss team.

And those are just the obvious calls.

Great teams don't need help to win.

2 hours ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Do i need to show you my Drew Bledsoe jersey that ive had since about 1995?

Were you a Hulkamaniac too?

I hate to tell you...but that wasn't real either. 

I know...its crushing to hear...but its true.

1 hour ago, BuffaninATL said:

I was stationed in Groton and the people of East Conn. and the small towns were really really nice, but as soon as you got into Boston, Hartford or Providence the culture of corruption was palpable.  Rhode Island in particular is easily the most corrupt state in the Union.  Boston ... forgettaboutit.  Worse than NYC and NJ.  Corruption is endemic.  Ever hear of "The Big Dig"?  I don't think they ever figured out where all the money went.  Fell off a truck, apparently.

So yes, of course they are proud of how their major sport franchise operates ... cause if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.  

It's called a bias.   Think if LeBron drives to the net and there is any kind of contact, he'll get the benefit of the doubt because.....He's LeBron.  

If we were playing the Browns yesterday that call stands as called.  A TD.  

They got the call because we're the Bills....And they're New England.  That dynamic exists subconsciously with every official mostly in football and the NBA.  Also, they will deny this but the home crowd "subconconciously" affects their calls as well.  

4 hours ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Ive been a Pats fan since long before they won a Super Bowl. So...try again? Lol quit talking like you know every Pats fan personally. And don't you feel ridiculously embarrassed having to make excuses like "they only win because they get the call"? Is that how they crushed the Bills by 21 points yesterday? Keep the laughs coming, kiddo. ?

So you’re a grown man on another teams message board talking trash after your team needed 4 calls from the official in order to win.  Simpleton 

6 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Honestly I think Bills players could be super well liked (or hated) just as well as any of the other teams. Market size plays a factor but there are successful small market teams out there, and I don't think it explains the inconsistencies in officiating the Patriots.

I think Kraft has a lot of influence in the NFL, and I think he exerts that influence to his fellow owners dismay. I think the Owners were fed up and told Goodell to make the Patriots pay for deflategate because they are just tired of it.

The Bills would need some star power and popularity for that.  They don’t have it at this moment.

There is one thing that trumps ratings - Goodell’s authority.  Don’t cross him or you get hosed.  The Saints found out the hard way with Bountygate.  Goodell told them to stop and they didn’t.  The hammer came down.  Josh Gordon lied to Goodell’s face and got hammered.  Kraft and the Patriots got away with a lot for very little punishment, but Goodell had to follow through with Brady’s suspension.  It was a matter of preserving his authority. 

6 hours ago, Heitz said:

There was also a stat thrown out on Twitter yesterday that the Pats lead the league in First down conversions by penalty!  

That's not quite accurate. The correct stat was "Patriots now have 29 scoring drives on the season in which a penalty has given them an extra first down. Leads the NFL."  It still makes me sick thinking about the calls they get.