IMO Why the Pats get the Calls

JinxedBill1

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Uh yes, the BS reversal of Benjamin's TD shifted the momentum in the game. And LOL that you think a Bledsoe jersey your parents bought you when you were 5 makes you a true fan! Ha! ?

It's ok, enjoy it while the league wants you to win and then go cry in your chowda when it ends. 

How was it BS? He didn't have both feel down when he secured the ball. Lol maybe the Bills should work on catching the ball right. 

Edited by ThePatriotWay

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I've thought for years that the patriots seemed to always be the beneficiaries of bad calls but this year has been blatant and very obvious.

Bills - Kelvin Benjamin TD overturned

Steelers - Jesse James TD overturned

Texans - Cooks made TD catch very similar to the Steelers TE catch but theirs wasn't overturned.

Jets TD overturned

Chargers - mystery offensive pass interference on Chargers that would have set them up in the red zone late in the game.

As for the argument that it attracts fans... It does the opposite for me. I won't see the Dolphins game because I'll be working Sunday but I also won't watch another game this season unless the patriots are eliminated from the playoffs.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist and there's lots of reasons the Bills lost yesterday.  But it just defies explanation on how the Patriots can always benefit from the most controversial of plays and never get bit by one.  There are other isolated examples of bad officiating in other games, but how can this work to the Pats advantage repeatedly?  This goes all the way back to the "tuck rule fumble" that started it all.  I just can't come up with a reasonable explanation to it.  The 4th down spot challenge was another example from yesterday....

with that said, I wasn't expecting the Bills could win and there were lots of other reasons they lost.  However, football is such a game of momentum.  Both the KB reversal and the 4th down challenge were total momentum killers.

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1

I told you, you have nothing to worry about. The Patriots*** have the title on cheating locked up. 

In the record books for most scandals and controversial officiating calls: The New England Patriots***

1 minute ago, cage said:

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist and there's lots of reasons the Bills lost yesterday.  But it just defies explanation on how the Patriots can always benefit from the most controversial of plays and never get bit by one.  There are other isolated examples of bad officiating, but how can this work to the Pats advantage repeatedly... going all the way back to the "tuck rule fumble" that started it all.  I just can't come up with a reasonable explanation to it.  The 4th down spot challenge was another example from yesterday....

with that said, I wasn't expecting the Bills could win and there were lots of other reasons they lost.  However, football is such a game of momentum.  Both the KB reversal and the 4th down challenge were total momentum killers.

It's going to be hilarious in 15 years when people are talking about past teams that were really good, and the Patriots will be mentioned, but then every single time someone is going to bring up "the scandals". Asterisks for life until BB and TB are gone.

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I told you, you have nothing to worry about. The Patriots*** have the title on cheating locked up. 

In the record books for most scandals and controversial officiating calls: The New England Patriots***

So no proof then? Just more butthurt. Gotcha. ?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Early on, the Patriots and Krafty Bob were leveraged to the gills, that if the Pats started losing, fans would stay away and Krafty Bob's loans would default. 

So Krafty Bob's dear friend, Roger Goodell, made sure the Pats would be successful so that Krafty Bob could pay off Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place.

But now things have just stuck in place, especially when Tom Brady and the whole Patriots fairy tale is the only marketable story line these NFL has the days. 

Now the Guerrero thing threatens to play blow the Pats up too. Expect Roger to go full Spygate-mode and send league "investigators" in to sweep it all under the rug.

It's the Patriot way.

Huh?  Kraft's patriots had been to 4 SBs (won 3) before Goodell became commissioner.

Kraft's purchase of the pats lead to an immediate, full season sellout for home games.  Sold out since.  Hate Kraft if you will, but if you actually look into how he came to own the team, you'll see that your version is far off.

Edited by Mr. WEO

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Me too.  

Next season.   Bills have taken the next step and Brady is over the hill.   I think he clearly looks like he's slipping now, and I'm guessing next season we'll start to see the serious decline.   He isn't nearly as accurate as even a year ago, and I think the league is finally catching up to their passing scheme.   The Bills showed yesterday that you have to take away Gronk and be smart how to play the rest of their average receivers.  If you can do that and have a pass rusher or two who actually hit him, he's becoming beatable. 

Next season. 

It may be the year after next but I also think it's likely to happen. One or two more good drafts and I think we maybe take the division and maybe hold it for awhile. Brady is in the discussion for GOAT (and I mean with Jerry and Jim) but I strongly suspect that letting Jimmy G go will prove to be a big mistake. In that sense the Pats may wind up a hostage and a victim of Tom's success.

I will stop feeding the troll now but the fact that your only rebuttal is some version of "you have no proof" shows how thin your argument (and knowledge of football) is. Enjoy the status as the team that gets more than your fair share of calls and go celebrate with your other fair weather, unknowledgeable, "fans". It SHOULD be beneath you to troll the message board of a team struggling to make the playoffs but unfortunately success on the field doesn't automatically make a teams fan base classy. Happy trolling and Merry Christmas.

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Proof? You just have to google Patriots and it comes up cheating....lmao.

Its been fun bud. Have a Merry Christmas, and honestly just go back to your message board.

No actually if you Google Patriots it shows that they massacred the Bills yesterday and are the number 1 seed in the AFC. Nice try, little fella. ?

36 minutes ago, ThePatriotWay said:

^^lolololol you can't be serious with all that garbage? Brady not nearly as accurate? Is that why he's in the MVP race?? Keep the hate coming. ?

Bridget Moynihan says hi.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Lol here let me help you out, little fella. 

20171225_121406.jpg

Did you steal those from Kraft.  Now he'll have to shotgun his vodka.

Birds of a feather.

Now run along to your front running fan club.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Did you steal those from Kraft.  Now he'll have to shotgun his vodka.

Birds of a feather.

Now run along to your front running fan club.

Again, trying to make personal attacks on the Patriots because you have nothing else. ? Just like your team, you failed once again. 

Edited by ThePatriotWay