New Years Resolutions for McBeane

10 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Saw a report that Josh Rosen would like to stay in school if the Browns draft him. I remember years

ago Eli Manning was drafted by San Diego and refused to play for them, so was traded to the Giants.

Can we be sure a 1st round QB will play for the Bills.

The Chargers did pretty well drafting Eli Manning even though Manning said he wouldn't play for them.

Besides getting Phillip Rivers they also received...

2004 3rd round pick which they used on Kicker Nate Kaeding

2005 1st round pick - Shawn Merriman

2005 5th round pick - traded to Tampa for OT Roman Oben.

Not a bad haul.

If the Browns draft Rosen and he refuses to play for them the Browns could make a bundle by trading him or forcing him to sit out for a year and enter the 2019 draft after not playing football for a year. Once Rosen makes the decision to enter the draft and hires an agent his college days are over. If Rosen decides to go back to school instead of entering the draft this year, he could still end up a Brown in 2019.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I care less about win now. I don't want another 2 or 3 rebuild years but I am willing to give him 2018. Look at the Eagles and the Rams. Took their lumps with their rookie QBs in 2016 but are now playoff teams and realistic contenders in 2017. 

I do not care if the team goes 6-10 next year if we have a guy behind centre that I think has the potential to be a franchise guy who is learning on the job a bit. It would put McDermott and co under pressure going into 2019 but if they got the QB pick right by then we will be ready to win. Especially if they have used our other capital wisely around that QB. If they get the QB pick wrong they will be out at the end of year 3. 

But this is the NFL. Put on your big boy pants identify a potential franchise QB in this draft and move heaven and earth to get him. Then live or die by that sword. 

Right.  Who would you rather be now, the 49ers with Jimmy G and a losing record or the Bills at .500 or 9 - 7, draft picks and Tyrod Taylor?  All the folks in SF are happy.  A great qb makes everyone better, but then again, Shannahan knows offense and we have Dennison and Castillo and a head coach that right now seems like Dick Jauron redux.  (I'll give you Dennison is handicapped with very limited qb options.)

8 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

I thought your post was a decent wish list until this. As Bills fans are we really THIS fickle? We have 17 years of a drought and "clapping" is what is holding us back????

Some of this was tongue in cheek. That was one of them. 

I guess the Gaines one was the only obvious one interpretively.

Regardless, Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I want Mayfield badly...

I think I'm on board with Mayfield from the little I've known/seen. The guy just seems like a crazy competitor and you just can't argue with his kind of success.

Plus he's probably attainable being the 3rd likely QB drafted.

Wonder how tall he actually is.

6 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

every day the only thing they should talk about is how to get a qb,  if one of them changes the subject the other must smack him back to reality .  Get the freaking qb.  Find out what is will cost in Dolllars and assets then they can move on.   

Agree totally with 1 exception.

Decide on Dennison first.  Will he stay or will he go!

Not that they can't talk about QB while deciding Dennison's fate.

15 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Find an actual offensive coordinator.  Not a 63 year old dinosaur that has been that's been fired by every team he's coaches and was the current coach's 3rd choice.  

Yup, find a modern day coordinator. Someone with a young and innovative mind when it comes to offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Saw a report that Josh Rosen would like to stay in school if the Browns draft him. I remember years

ago Eli Manning was drafted by San Diego and refused to play for them, so was traded to the Giants.

You do know Kelly didn't want to play for the Bills also?

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

- If you make the playoffs in whatever scenarios you need to play out in week 17, play to win the games you are playing in, please.

But once the season is over...

- find a Franchise QB at any cost. Whether through draft, FA or trade, make absolutely sure you get him.

- fix the OL.

- fix the OL before you put your Franchise QB out on the field if he's a rookie for sure.

- If we aren't starting our future Franchise QB in 2018, make damn well sure you have a QB on the roster you're confident you can win with NOW.

- Cut Mike Tolbert.

- If Kyle wants to come back for one more year, you should probably let him. But if you're absolutely sure you don't want him next year, part amicably. Don't do what Whaley did to Freddy.

- Stop clapping so much.

- Add some meaty talent to the DL to fix the run D and boost our pass rush.

- Find another playmaker at LB like Milano.

- Stop punting in situations you should obviously go for it.

- Stop going for it in situations you should obviously punt or kick a FG.

- Give Shady a 1-2 year extension.

- Wrap EJ Gaines in bubble wrap right up until game time every game.

- Keep building for the future, but WIN NOW!!!

Anything else??? 0:)

Merry Christmas and Happy New year everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Cut Taylor, please put this at the top of the list.

31 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

You do know Kelly didn't want to play for the Bills also?

Yeah........and he bolted for the USFL for 3 years.:lol:

Rosen comes from a wealthy background and he's very much a locker room lawyer type he is not someone you want to get into a dispute with.........he'd definitely sit out a year.

I think Darnold to Buffalo could be a very tough sell too.........as Kelly the Dog has said he's kinda' become Matt Leinart-ized and I think he might flex his way out of Buffalo if they got his draft rights too.

The other QB's in the draft don't have the leverage those guys have.    Bills could force their Billsy on them!:lol:

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Some of this was tongue in cheek. That was one of them. 

I guess the Gaines one was the only obvious one interpretively.

Regardless, Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

Oh in that case.... excuse my misunderstanding. Merry Christmas!!

22 hours ago, Foreigner said:

That is a great question.  The Bills probably have one of the worst reputations in the NFL, especially with the highly publicized playoff drought.  That’s why I really hope they can end the drought this year.  The reputation makes it also difficult to attract free agents

3 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

That is a great question.  The Bills probably have one of the worst reputations in the NFL, especially with the highly publicized playoff drought.  That’s why I really hope they can end the drought this year.  The reputation makes it also difficult to attract free agents

Agreed.

Number one goal at the moment is win at any cost in Miami and hope the chips fall.

Get that goddamn monkey off our backs!

On 12/24/2017 at 8:04 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

- If you make the playoffs in whatever scenarios you need to play out in week 17, play to win the games you are playing in, please.

- find a Franchise QB at any cost. Whether through draft, FA or trade, make absolutely sure you get him.

- fix the OL.

- fix the OL before you put your Franchise QB out on the field if he's a rookie for sure.

- If we aren't starting our future Franchise QB in 2018, make damn well sure you have a QB on the roster you're confident you can win with NOW.

- Cut Mike Tolbert.

- If Kyle wants to come back for one more year, you should probably let him. But if you're absolutely sure you don't want him next year, part amicably. Don't do what Whaley did to Freddy.

- Stop clapping so much.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:04 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

- fix the OL.

- Cut Mike Tolbert.

- Stop clapping so much.

The last I saw them McBeane and McDermott  are not attached Siamese twins. They both have names that begin with Mc and both previously were employed by Carolina. But they are not the same person or have the same position or responsibilities.McBeane is a GM, McDermott is a HC.  I have not seen McBeane clapping excessively. McBeane had nothing to do with the 2017 draft, he was not employed by Buffalo at that time. McDermott had some input in the 2017 draft along with a different GM at the time. Please respect their individuality and the facts. Thank You!

Edited by simpleman