Is it better to lose to the Pats and beat Miami ?

Cygnus99

Think about this for a minute suppose we beat the Pats ( highly unlikely ) . Imagine the celebration and the miracle and how excited we would all be ! 

Everyone would talk about it but when we face Miami after the huge / best game of the season but we get a let down and lose in an upset against Miami and we are eliminated from the Playoffs because of the tiebreakers   

If we lose to the Pats , we will be pumped and ready and focused against Miami and win it and we would have a much higher chance of getting in the playoffs . 

Of course wining the next 2 games  would almost guarantee us to get in the playoffs 

I have no words. Did you actually think of this scenario as a good idea? You answered your own question at the end of your post. 

Professionals don’t look at it like this, only fanatics do. I can assure you that there is no one in the Bills organization feeling this way. Win out! Though I don’t know the percentages off hand I’m pretty sure the numbers are much better to make the playoffs if they win out in comparison to losing to the Pats and hoping for a win in the finale.

HUH?  Are you asking if the Bills go 1-1 in the next 2 if it is better to win against Miami or NE?   Not sure that matters.  If they go 1-1 they will need a bunch of help period.   Win them both and t hey will be in for sure even though I know it is possible they could not it is really really unlikely.

There would be a chance for a let down if you beat NE I guess but given the circumstances I would hope that would not happen

Edited by mattynh

51 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

Think about this for a minute suppose we beat the Pats ( highly unlikely ) . Imagine the celebration and the miracle and how excited we would all be ! 

Everyone would talk about it but when we face Miami after the huge / best game of the season but we get a let down and lose in an upset against Miami and we are eliminated from the Playoffs because of the tiebreakers   

If we lose to the Pats , we will be pumped and ready and focused against Miami and win it and we would have a much higher chance of getting in the playoffs . 

Of course wining the next 2 games  would almost guarantee us to get in the playoffs 

Nope, it would be better to win both games.

But thanks for asking! Remember, there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people who ask questions.

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

HUH?  Are you asking if the Bills go 1-1 in the next 2 if it is better to win against Miami or NE?   Not sure that matters.  If they go 1-1 they will need a bunch of help period.   Win them both and t hey will be in for sure even though I know it is possible they could not it is really really unlikely.

There would be a chance for a let down if you beat NE I guess but given the circumstances I would hope that would not happen

They don't really need "a bunch" of help if they go 9-7. They just need to NOT be tied with only the Chargers at 9-7 and they are in.

At 9-7 with a loss to NE and win over MIA, they need one Ravens OR one Chargers loss to get in. That's it. They will win most, if not all 3-way tiebreakers with BAL/TEN/LAC. The only tiebreaker working against them is head to head with LAC or AFC record of the Titans were 9-7 with a win over the Jaguars.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The games are not won and lost based on fan reaction or emotion.

The players play and either win or lose.

I would hope they try their best in all games, regardless if they just won or just lost.

Idiotic post.

One would assume or at least think that players try their best in all games.

But for just a single example Mario Williams in particular his last season

with the Bills blows that theory out of the water. For visual proof watch the last two games of the 2015 season. 

IIRC they were against the Jets and Miami. Then say that guy was even giving 10% effort. 

There are plenty of other examples. 

45 minutes ago, mattynh said:

If they go 1-1 in the next two weeks it's better if they beat Miami. It helps with tiebreakers vs. the Ravens. Lose to Miami and tie Baltimore and the Bills lose the tiebreaker. Beat the Dolphins and lose the NE and they'd hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore.

Granted, I don't think Baltimore will lose a game...

• Like (+1) 1

If they are only going to win one game it's better to beat the Fish.

Plus it'll get ugly if we're 9-6 and lose a game that could get us into the playoffs.  Regardless of how it plays out I imagine it'll be up there with the 04 Steelers game in terms of disappointment.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The games are not won and lost based on fan reaction or emotion.

The players play and either win or lose.

I would hope they try their best in all games, regardless if they just won or just lost.

Idiotic post.

i agree. if we beat the pats, that would be perfect to go curb stomp the fins because we will be in for sure.