Sportscaster Dick Enberg has died

Just Jack

RIP Dick Enberg.

I grew up in SoCal and remember watching replays of UCLA basketball with Enberg as the announcer. I was an Angels fan and thought he was up there with Scully. Enberg and Drysdale were great together, and then Torre joined him for a few years.  I have to admit, I totally forgot about he and Olsen doing the football games.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So sad. He was a joy to listen too.

He and Merlin Olsen were a great team, although my personal favorite was when he was paired with Bob Trumpy.

RIP Sir. You will always be remembered.

Thank you for not writing Him and Merlin Olsen.  They were absolutely a great team. :beer:

I associate his voice with the Bills Superbowl teams, calling a typical regular season game of ours, as much as anyone.

Back then the AFC was on NBC and he was the No.1 guy on that network.  The Bills were so good we often got the No.1 broadcasting team, so we heard Dick Enberg a lot in those days.

RIP

Enberg was the voice of AFC football (and lots of other big events) for most of my life.  He's as recognizable for big Bills, Browns, Broncos, etc. games as Summerall was for Giants, Cowboys, 49ers, etc.  A legend of that industry.

RIP