Woman killed & eaten by her pet pit bulls

\GoBillsInDallas/

Controversial subject.

Pit bulls are bred killing dogs.  No one knows what triggers them, which is what's scary.  They can be the most loveable, snuggly dogs for years, but it doesn't matter.  There's always that chance.  Yes - that chance applies to all dogs ... but it's far more (most) likely with a pit bull.

• Like (+1) 4

I remember once we did a community volunteer day at the Richmond SPCA, part of the 'job' was to play with the dogs.  There was a pit bull in one of the enclosures and she was just screaming for attention.  I went in and spent probably an hour just playing and hanging out with her, she was the sweetest, most docile dog i've ever enountered, but I'd be lying if i said i didn't have an uneasy feeling in the back of my brain.  I am glad i ignored that feeling that day

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Controversial subject.

Pit bulls are bred killing dogs.  No one knows what triggers them, which is what's scary.  They can be the most loveable, snuggly dogs for years, but it doesn't matter.  There's always that chance.  Yes - that chance applies to all dogs ... but it's far more (most) likely with a pit bull.

The need to ban a lot of dogs being bred, including pits, bulldogs (French and American), and so many more.

I love dogs as much as the next guy but we can have plenty of different dogs in this world without dogs that cannot live a prosperous life like a French bulldog and we don't need any more pits

The god damn hood rat mentality that having big pit bulls on 3" chain leashes makes you some sort of badass to walk them, well, hope this is a lesson. 

16 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I remember once we did a community volunteer day at the Richmond SPCA, part of the 'job' was to play with the dogs.  There was a pit bull in one of the enclosures and she was just screaming for attention.  I went in and spent probably an hour just playing and hanging out with her, she was the sweetest, most docile dog i've ever enountered, but I'd be lying if i said i didn't have an uneasy feeling in the back of my brain.  I am glad i ignored that feeling that day

That uneasy feeling is the probably your instinct that there's a predator nearby.  Thanks, Darwin.

• Like (+1) 2

Horribly sad story, I'd like to know all of the facts before passing any judgment.

Totally agree with Boyst that there are certain breeds of dog that just should not continue -- mostly for the animals' sake because the breeding techniques have resulted in terrible health and quality of life issues.

• Like (+1) 1

This has been in the news last 3 days. Lots of folks that know the woman and dogs swear there is just no way those dogs turned on her. Be interesting to see what an autopsy of the dogs reveals.

In terms of pits, we have a pit/boxer rescue that has been the most gentle, loving dog I have ever owned. Have never even heard the dog growl, and he shys away when other dogs yap or get aggressive with him.

Love that dog

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Dog owners think it's unusual to be killed and eaten by their pet.

Cat owners know their pets would kill and eat them on a whim if they could.

<_<Ain't that the truth... I walk down my hallway with a mask, resembling a face, on the back of my head! <_<

On another note...

I only have one request:

Their animals... I wish people would stop anthropomorphising.

We all must have too much time on our hands.

[I am just as guilty at times]

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

The god damn hood rat mentality that having big pit bulls on 3" chain leashes makes you some sort of badass to walk them, well, hope this is a lesson. 

I was considering a second dog and thought a rescue would be great.  Go to their sites and 80% are pit bulls.  And most didn't look cuddly