Woman killed & eaten by her pet pit bulls

\GoBillsInDallas/

My whole life I was always of the mind that, as D.C. Tom said, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. 

Ive had dogs my entire life, from the time I was about 2yrs old. Never went more than a few months without having at least 1 dog in my house. 

Ive had all sorts of different dog breeds. From pure breds to mutts. Never once had a dog that bit or nipped or even showed any type of aggression... 

Until I rescued a pit bull mix. 

I had him from the time he was a small puppy. I rescued him from a guy I'm pretty sure was abusing him. 

It was was the sweetest dog most of the time, but began showing signs of aggression that only got worse over time no matter what I seemed to try. It started as growling. Then it got to the point where he would just snap out of nowhere and try to bite. It was hard to predict when it would happen or what set him off. 

He ended up visciously attacking my father. Put him in the hospital for 3-4 days from the attack. Definitely the worst dog attack I've ever seen. Clamped on to his leg and wouldn't let go until I went over and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. 

That was was the first and only pit bull Ive ever owned. I know there are many good pit bulls out there. I have friends and family who own them. They can be great, loyal, smart, obedient dogs. 

I honestly still have guilt to this day over that dog (it ended up having to be out down after that attack). I feel like there should have been something I could have done to correct this behavior. I take a lot of pride in the way I care for my animals. I never abused him or anything like that. Always treated the dog well. Like I said, I have always believed that saying about "no bad dogs, just bad owners". But I really don't know what else I could have done different with this dog. The thing that makes me wonder about pit bulls is that I've never had this issue with any other dogs I've owned, and I've owned lots. Maybe I just didn't know how to handle the aggression properly...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

My whole life I was always of the mind that, as D.C. Tom said, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. 

Ive had dogs my entire life, from the time I was about 2yrs old. Never went more than a few months without having at least 1 dog in my house. 

Ive had all sorts of different dog breeds. From pure breds to mutts. Never once had a dog that bit or nipped or even showed any type of aggression... 

Until I rescued a pit bull mix. 

I had him from the time he was a small puppy. I rescued him from a guy I'm pretty sure was abusing him. 

It was was the sweetest dog most of the time, but began showing signs of aggression that only got worse over time no matter what I seemed to try. It started as growling. Then it got to the point where he would just snap out of nowhere and try to bite. It was hard to predict when it would happen or what set him off. 

He ended up visciously attacking my father. Put him in the hospital for 3-4 days from the attack. Definitely the worst dog attack I've ever seen. Clamped on to his leg and wouldn't let go until I went over and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. 

That was was the first and only pit bull Ive ever owned. I know there are many good pit bulls out there. I have friends and family who own them. They can be great, loyal, smart, obedient dogs. 

I honestly still have guilt to this day over that dog (it ended up having to be out down after that attack). I feel like there should have been something I could have done to correct this behavior. I take a lot of pride in the way I care for my animals. I never abused him or anything like that. Always treated the dog well. Like I said, I have always believed that saying about "no bad dogs, just bad owners". But I really don't know what else I could have done different with this dog. The thing that makes me wonder about pit bulls is that I've never had this issue with any other dogs I've owned, and I've owned lots. Maybe I just didn't know how to handle the aggression properly...

Same here. You shouldnt need to "handle the aggession".

I had an adorable Rott that I raised from a pup. He was freakin awesome, until a friend of my kids made him nervous. Wasn't the kids fault. He was nervous too and did nothing to provoke. But Bear did attack him. Luckily there were others around to stop him.

Bear was euthanized within the wee and I paid the boys hospital bill. He bit the skinny 12 year old kid in the shouldr blade and took the kid to the ground.

My argument is this: any dog can be sweet or aggressive. Most dogs can be both at times...BUTT certain breeds are far more capable of seriously injuring. If my Sheltie attacks....no biggie. Little B word gets timeout and I will try my best to correct her behavior. A Pit, Rott, Germ Step, etc, has a bad day...POTENTIALLY a tragic out ome.

Pits and Rotts are capable of killing. End of argument.

Why would you want a pet that CAN kill, if so inclined?

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Same here. You shouldnt need to "handle the aggession".

I had an adorable Rott that I raised from a pup. He was freakin awesome, until a friend of my kids made him nervous. Wasn't the kids fault. He was nervous too and did nothing to provoke. But Bear did attack him. Luckily there were others around to stop him.

Bear was euthanized within the wee and I paid the boys hospital bill. He bit the skinny 12 year old kid in the shouldr blade and took the kid to the ground.

My argument is this: any dog can be sweet or aggressive. Most dogs can be both at times...BUTT certain breeds are far more capable of seriously injuring. If my Sheltie attacks....no biggie. Little B word gets timeout and I will try my best to correct her behavior. A Pit, Rott, Germ Step, etc, has a bad day...POTENTIALLY a tragic out ome.

Pits and Rotts are capable of killing. End of argument.

Why would you want a pet that CAN kill, if so inclined?

You did the honorable thing and should be commended.  Many wouldn't man up like this.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/ap/2017/12/20/Dog_mauls_woman_to_death_at_a_Phoenix_boarding_facility.html

PHOENIX -- 
(AP) Authorities say a dog mauled a 69-year-old woman to death at a Phoenix boarding facility.

Phoenix police say the victim was found Wednesday in a dog exercise area at Canine Country Club and Feline Inn with significant injuries consistent with dog bites.

She was rushed to a hospital, where she died. Her name hasn't been released yet.

The woman reportedly volunteered at a rescue group called Akita Advocates that rents space at the kennel.

She was trying to socialize the animal to prepare it for adoption when the attack took place.

Maricopa County Animal Care and Control officials say the Akita Advocates group will put the dog down.

23 minutes ago, T&C said:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/ap/2017/12/20/Dog_mauls_woman_to_death_at_a_Phoenix_boarding_facility.html

PHOENIX -- 
(AP) Authorities say a dog mauled a 69-year-old woman to death at a Phoenix boarding facility.

Phoenix police say the victim was found Wednesday in a dog exercise area at Canine Country Club and Feline Inn with significant injuries consistent with dog bites.

She was rushed to a hospital, where she died. Her name hasn't been released yet.

The woman reportedly volunteered at a rescue group called Akita Advocates that rents space at the kennel.

She was trying to socialize the animal to prepare it for adoption when the attack took place.

Maricopa County Animal Care and Control officials say the Akita Advocates group will put the dog down.

I heard Akitas are very protective and loyal to ONE family.  Even get attached to one within the family.  Dangerous trait there. 

Put the ANIMAL down... Stop trying to save the ANIMAL world.  Humans should take priority.

People are whacky...

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I wonder if she tasted like chicken.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Probably more like tender beef.

There's a reason why human flesh is called "long pork."

IMO there are no bad dogs, only ignorant, idiot owners.  When you have an aggressive breed, you must establish and always be the leader.   You don't sleep with your pitbull, nor does it walk in a door ahead of you.   I have seen many people who have zero control of their dog.  These people should not be dog owners.  They are the problem. Not the dog.  Get a parakeet 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah...wow.  And how do you know this :wacko:

It's common for priests in small tribes who perform human sacrifice to take portions from the sacrifice and eat and to give some to honored guests.  It's considered very rude to refuse and can stir up violence in the less peaceful tribes.

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It's common for priests in small tribes who perform human sacrifice to take portions from the sacrifice and eat and to give some to honored guests.  It's considered very rude to refuse and can stir up violence in the less peaceful tribes.

Jesus, dude ... are you being mentored by @DC Tom ??