Bills Pro Bowl Players

corta765

Today the Pro Bowl rosters are suppose to be released and I wanted to take a quick look at who the Bills may send. Micah Hyde won the fan vote as starting safety in the AFC which he rightfully earned and is in. This is who I see in and who else may have a chance:

Is In:

Micah Hyde: Sublime play and year from him. Plus his leadership his been crucial to keeping the Bills defense afloat.

Should be in:

LeSean McCoy: Buffalo's one true superstar player and man has he turned it on the back half of the season again. He will make it either in the initial team or as an alternate but I would expect him to be in the first group.

TreDavious White: He has built an incredible reputation already in the AFC and should win DROY as look as the Bills make the playoffs. His rating this last week by PFF was so good that Jay Cutler was better off in-completing passes to the ground then throwing at him. Typically CB is a tough Pro Bowl spot to crack but he has forced his way to make this an exception.

Toss Up:

Richie Incognito: He is highly respected league wide for his play and leadership (ironic right). It is not surprise that as his play has improved so has the running games. Additionally for offensive lineman once they start making appearances voters usually stay with guys even if they have a down year just because of their name. Richie has made the Pro Bowl the last two years and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in even though it was a slow start for him.

Jordan Poyer: He is the only player in the NFL with 3 INTs, 2 Sacks this season and he has been magnificent in coverage. The issue for Poyer is Hyde has been a little better and already has a higher reputation in league given his Pro Bowl election. The NFL rarely sees two safeties from the same team make it in and despite Poyer's high play I think he may need a guy to bow out to make it in. That said you never know.

Steven Hauschka: He has had a great year for the Bills at one point going 13 straight FG's completed from 50 or longer. He is one of the few weapons other teams have to acknowledge the Bills have. Hard to say if he makes it only becuse special teams voting is always weird and reputation matters big time where I could see Justin Tucker making it in over Steve just because of that. (credit to YoloinOhio for reminding me on Steve)

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

For all the derision that Ducasse receives from fans, he's definitely played a lot better than his supposed reputation.  I thought he had good game this past week and some other decent games as well.  

PFF has him playing average football NFL starting Guard caliber football.

I agree he’s been better lately. But he was an absolute train wreck previously. Beyond bad. 

55 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

You forgot to list Tyrod as a 14th alternate

13 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It doesn't matter when you get picked for the pro bowl just as long as you get picked. Taylor being in any pro bowl makes the whole system look broken.

TT wont get in this year.  Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers / Alex Smith.  Then you have the next group which includes McCown, Bortles(?), Mariota(?) Flacco(?) and Tyrod.  I think this year is tough even if both Brady and Big Ben drop.  

Edited by Bill Murray

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Shady better make it...hes 6th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage and is the only reason the Bills have even the most remotest of chances to make the playoffs for the first time in 100 years 

I agree.  I'd go so far as to say that Shady is (well, should be) a MVP candidate.  Take him off the Bills and we are looking at 2 wins.  He runs against 8 in the box, plays WR when needed like last game, etc.  

btw, looking at last year it seems 3 RBs make it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Pro_Bowl

...Also, dont look now but Marquise Goodwin is 6th in the NFC in receiving yards, while robert woods also has had a very strong year.  Zach Brown on pace to exceed last years tackle total.  They all could make it as alternates, do they count?  

Edited by Bill Murray