How are we out of 6th seed?

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Huh?

Simply put, the Bills best chance at the playoffs was finishing tied with LAC, TEN at 9-7. TEN has a tough remaining two games vs Rams and Jags , so their loss to SF today makes it less likely TEN ends up 9-7. Bills now need to win both games or hope teams lose games they will probably win. 

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Doesnt really matter.  Ravens are in.  Very little chance they lose either of the last 2 games (Colts, Bungles).  Its going to come down to Bills, Titans and Chargers for the final spot.  Basically just need to root hard against both teams.  Titans are down to niners now and have a very tough remaining schedule.  Chargers are one game back but have the head to head over us.  Really need the Jets to beat them next week or they will have the advantage over us.

don't worry...Chargers gonna Charger

Andrew Siciliano explained it on the Red Zone channel today. The common opponent situation does not apply to the Ravens-Bills because that tie-breaker requires a minimum of 4 common opponents, which the two do not yet share. So at the moment it goes to the next tie-breaker, which the Bills have the advantage. So for now, the Bills have the 6 seed over Baltimore. However... that common opponent tie breaker will kick in with these final two games. So if both the Bills and Ravens win out, the Ravens would leap-frog them with a better record against common opponents. 

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Because Common Opponents tie breaker kicked in this week. 

This was always expected Ravens have the tie breaker on us so you have to win more rhen them

If the Ravens lose either of their next 2 games and the Bills beat the 'Phins week 17, we would have the same common opponent record and it would then go to Strength of Victory.

Can't say for sure, but I think Buffalo would have SOV tiebreaker.

I just want us to skip to the last week of the season. I have 0 confidence in beating NE, and I'm an optimist when it comes to most things. 

I hope it comes down to whether we beat the Dolphins or not & that's it. If it depends on the NE game, I'm going to be very sad.

57 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I just want us to skip to the last week of the season. I have 0 confidence in beating NE, and I'm an optimist when it comes to most things. 

I hope it comes down to whether we beat the Dolphins or not & that's it. If it depends on the NE game, I'm going to be very sad.

If we lose to NE then for it to come down to simply beating the Dolphins in Week 17 to get in then you are rooting for the following in Week 16:

Ravens loss to the Colts

AND

Chargers loss to the Jets

Then I believe we just have to beat the Fish to get in. 

Otherwise, it gets a bit more complicated, and we will need help in Week 17.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

If we lose to NE then for it to come down to simply beating the Dolphins in Week 17 to get in then you are rooting for the following next week:

Ravens loss to the Colts

AND

Chargers loss to the Jets

Then I believe we just have to beat the Fish to get in. 

Otherwise, it gets a bit more complicated, and we will need help in Week 17.

That's doable! Ravens losing to Colts will be a hard sell, but I can see it.

Chargers losing to the Jets I can definitely see. The Jets play harder than their record shows. They nearly beat the Saints today but had some bad luck down the stretch. Either way they'll play hard. I believe!

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Is there any chance Belichick rests a few guys this week, after having been gifted the Steelers game?  They’ve clinched a first round bye, right?

Nope. Jacksonville could still pinch it. 

How about the possibility of the Bengals helping us out week 17 by playing hard for the departing Marvin Lewis's final home game? 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

How about the possibility of the Bengals helping us out week 17 by playing hard for the departing Marvin Lewis's final home game? 

Not likely.   That’s a soul-less team and a cesspool of an organization.