Tolbert benched!

YoloinOhio

For as much crap as this coaching staff takes, they really do seem to be letting guys compete for jobs and starting the guy who earns it. 

It may may not happen immediately, but for the most part the guy who is playing better has been the one who has earned the startling job. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm surprised that Peterman is out.

I'm confused by Reilly being out.

I'm indifferent about Tolbert being out.  But part of me thinks they'll miss him on the third downs that they don't trust Tyrod to throw.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm surprised that Peterman is out.

I'm confused by Reilly being out.

I'm indifferent about Tolbert being out.  But part of me thinks they'll miss him on the third downs that they don't trust Tyrod to throw.

just checked his stats- he's carried twice this year on 3rd and short. They won't miss him. It's interesting to look at his split stats over his career,  surprisingly fairly ineffective on short yardage situations.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

just checked his stats- he's carried twice this year on 3rd and short. They won't miss him. It's interesting to look at his split stats over his career,  surprisingly fairly ineffective on short yardage situations.

That is surprising.  Anything Cadet or Shady can do will be better than an incompletion past the marker or a completion 3 yards short of it.