More from obd

Anyone else notice that DUNKIRK DON has deleted all of his posts?

He made a comment indicating he would be deleting them as he is not welcome here.

I just went back in the thread to find some of his earlier comments; they are all gone.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Some draft guy had him going to the Bills at their first pick last year....said he was perfect for Dennison's offense.

No problem with them drafting an RB, just not in the 1st round.  The point of mentioning him was he was a 3rd round pick.  Kareem Hunt as well. 

I know most don't want a first round RB, but Barkley is a game changer.  There are lots of good RBs, but this guy is special.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No problem with them drafting an RB, just not in the 1st round.  The point of mentioning him was he was a 3rd round pick.  Kareem Hunt as well. 

Good points.  I am a PSU alumni, so I am partial to Barkley.

It’s annoying that he deleted everything which seems to me like it was all BS. The Dennison stuff is interested but I want to know more about the proposed stadium. Not downtown, not south of the city, east of Orchard Park, included is a shopping plaza and a new restaurant. Where could any of this go east of Orchard Park? It’s truly no mans land. And farther from Toronto! Everything he said is kind of contradictory. 

Edited by runner68

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Anyone else notice that DUNKIRK DON has deleted all of his posts?

He made a comment indicating he would be deleting them as he is not welcome here.

I just went back in the thread to find some of his earlier comments; they are all gone.

A butthurt, childish act of a man whose words were not accepted as gospel :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Saying someone is providing "hot garbage" or is the equivalent of a drunk on Elmwood is by definition insulting them. 

It's not hard to be polite. Also, why the impulse to tweak me -- "Do you know what an attack is?"; "Sounds like you're a sensitive one as well." What's the point of that?

The board is a better place when vigorous and sometimes hot debate is done with at least a modicum of politeness. My general view is that snark is a weapon of the weak and best avoided. It doesn't reflect well on people who rely on it when crafting an argument. It's typically not funny either. 

Give me a break already. Maybe the internet isn’t a place for you if what I said is getting you offended. 

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I’ve read it’s a pretty deep year again, so hope we can pick up something better than Tolbert without too high of a price. (I mean, a bag of balls might get you something better than Tolbert!) 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Give me a break already. Maybe the internet isn’t a place for you if what I said is getting you offended. 

So, the internet isn't a place for civil discourse and basic courtesy? Ok, got it...so because it's done anonymously and without personalization, we can completely disregard the general decorum of decency. 

Yeah, that makes sense....:wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Saying someone is providing "hot garbage" or is the equivalent of a drunk on Elmwood is by definition insulting them. 

It's not hard to be polite. Also, why the impulse to tweak me -- "Do you know what an attack is?"; "Sounds like you're a sensitive one as well." What's the point of that?

The board is a better place when vigorous and sometimes hot debate is done with at least a modicum of politeness. My general view is that snark is a weapon of the weak and best avoided. It doesn't reflect well on people who rely on it when crafting an argument. It's typically not funny either. 

+1

This phenomenon is as old as email. People sit behind their screen and feel real brave and say things they would NEVER tell a person in real life.  I first noticed it around 1989 and it's very much alive and well on the internet and social media.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’ve read it’s a pretty deep year again, so hope we can pick up something better than Tolbert without too high of a price. (I mean, a bag of balls might get you something better than Tolbert!) 

An upgrade from him is a need for sure. Hopefully they can acquire someone that's a real threat when Shady needs a break with the idea of being his eventual replacement. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

An upgrade from him is a need for sure. Hopefully they can acquire someone that's a real threat when Shady needs a break with the idea of being his eventual replacement. 

We need a Earth,Wind,and Fire approach with 2 or 3 QUALITY RBs.  I wanted to sign Blount in the off season.