Beth Mowins and Jay Feely Calling Dolphins vs. Bills for CBS

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Boyst62 said:

she drifts off in herconversation.  repeats herself several times.  we have heard cadet went to app state 3 times now.  thanks! 

haven't heard **** about o'leary, though.

I cannot wait to hear who O'Leary's grandfather is. The mystery is killing me.

Just now, blatchy said:

Here's all I can say:  I'm thrilled to be a member on here.  Want to keep it on the positive side.  But I've heard this argument for years, about her voice.  And in a performance driven industry, where results are ALWAYS the determining factor, she keeps getting bigger and bigger games.  

Agree to disagree.  

That's politics, not performance.

Just now, joesixpack said:

That's politics, not performance.

Exactly.  Especially since her performance is not up to par.  The fact the previous poster has heard the same criticisms about his friend, annoying voice and not getting players names correct, is indicative of your statement.  Sad really.

28 minutes ago, blatchy said:

That's my longtime friend Beth Mowins calling the game.  As a Bills fan, I'm thrilled she's calling this.  And if you don't like one of the hardest working announcer in sports, a CNYer who has been calling games nationally for a quarter of a century, well, respectfully suck it.

But glad to be here!

Your friend has a voice that was meant for silent films. Her "hard work" doesn't make her entertaining or particularly well-informed. Her one "observation" about how McCoy needed to change the way he carries the ball shows me she's never actually watched him run, he has always carried the ball like a loaf of bread. Hard-working doesn't compensate for a lack of talent. 

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Your friend has a voice that was meant for silent films. Her "hard work" doesn't make her entertaining or particularly well-informed. Her one "observation" about how McCoy needed to change the way he carries the ball shows me she's never actually watched him run, he has always carried the ball like a loaf of bread. Hard-working doesn't compensate for a lack of talent. 

I had the exact same thought when she mentioned (and laughed) at how mccoy carries the ball.

Just now, blatchy said:

Because she's a woman, got it.  Yeah. no.  What it is about is someone who can call almost any sport, at any level.    That's incredibly rare.

Hate to tell you, but that's exactly why.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

gotta meet them quotas.

LOL which is why the NFL didn't have a woman calling a MNF game for 35 years...because they were concentrating on filling quotas.  Sure.

Edited by blatchy
Tacos

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If you hate it so much, mute is always an option. Beth and Jay are doing just fine. No team ever really blows us away, so what'd you expect? Some people just want to find a way to B word 

You know why I'm allowed to have an opinion and why mute shouldn't be the answer?  It's because I'm a PAYING customer.  I pay good, hard earned money to watch (and listen) to this product.  Most people here do as well.  The announcer's performance is horrible, inaccurate, and annoying.  It's not about a way to use the "B word", it's about wanting to get my money's worth and have a good experience for what I've (and others) have paid for.

Just now, phypon said:

You know why I'm allowed to have an opinion and why mute shouldn't be the answer?  It's because I'm a PAYING customer.  I pay good, hard earned money to watch (and listen) to this product.  Most people here do as well.  The announcer's performance is horrible, inaccurate, and annoying.  It's not about a way to use the "B word", it's about wanting to get my money's worth and have a good experience for what I've (and others) have paid for.

Phypon paid money.  CBS, please change announcers.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, blatchy said:

Phypon paid money.  CBS, please change announcers.  Thanks.

You just don't get it because it's your friend.  

That's it, now I'm triggered.  This is a safe space and you now have to leave B-)

(comic relief)

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Why are they letting a lady call football games?

Must America acquiesce to women for every f'n thing?

And yes a woman's voice calling the game is spoiling the experience for me.

Not an issue for me. It's her voice in particular that I find so annoying. 

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Can't imagine any woman's voice not being annoying calling a football game.

This is the dumb attitude that we need to avoid. I don't have a single issue with female sportscasters, I just think this particular one is terrible 

59 minutes ago, phypon said:

Great point. I pay for this crap as well. Maybe we should all write letters. Or boycott. Let me know which one we go with. Until then I'll be watching and enjoying the football game, regardless of who is giving the play by play

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Great point. I pay for this crap as well. Maybe we should all write letters. Or boycott. Let me know which one we go with. Until then I'll be watching and enjoying the football game, regardless of who is giving the play by play

That's your prerogative. I for one like to watch a game with announcers that know the names of the players and don't laugh at the players I root for based on their playing tendencies.  I also do not like to listen to annoying people when I watch my team.  I guess we just have different standards.  To each their own.  I'm not a fan of mediocrity.

50 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Better than Tasker. Any day.

53 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Grow up and get over it.