What do you fix first? OL or QB?

For us, QB, because we have seen that the line is pretty good (with the right scheme).

Overall, I would say Oline. It definitely helped Dak and Zeke in their rookie years. Giving a rookie more time to adjust in an NFL pocket is certainly a good thing.

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

Que Bee

nobody can say that the teams with solid QB's are also drafting 5 better than most OL.. They draft average players to phil the gaps mixed in with a stud or 2 like us but their QB play and stability from having the same QB / OC / system over years forms a bond/understanding that makes their Offense / OL better than teams like us IMO

Edited by ddaryl

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Que Bee

nobody can say that the teams with solid QB's are also drafting 5 better than most OL.. They draft average players to phil the gaps mixed in with a stud or 2 like us but their QB play and stability from having the same QB / OC / system over years forms a bond/understanding that makes their Offense / OL better than teams like us IMO

I think you mean Queue. 

Otherwise it's Spanish. 

What ??

• Like (+1) 1

A fair QB can be productive behind a good offensive line.  And a good QB can be productive behind a fair offensive line.    Seem kind even, but...

*  a good OL will also help the running game.

*  a good OL will help your backup be successful if he has to play.

*  a good OL will keep your QB healthy so the backup doesn't have to play.

*  a good OL might be easier to acquire than a good QB.

All things considered, despite the importance of the QB in today's game (or partly because of it), I'd rather aim for a good offensive line.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Pbomb said:

Both are important and we can fix both this offseason

Agreed especialy if Cordy stays healthy into next year but thats my biggest worry. We have 2 really good OT's in Dawkins and Glenn should be easy to phil in a new RG / Backup T assuming Incognito is stil good to go.. Center should be addressed as Woods is getting long in the tooth IMO

We really aren't that horrible on the OL front IMO just need a QB who can hit th equick slants and force the D to respect the quick pass

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I think you mean Queue. 

Otherwise it's Spanish. 

What ??

I'll look it up

you are correct I leirned sumthing twoday

36 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Some people say you need to have a good OL in order for a QB to be successful. Some say a good QB makes the OL look better.

What do you all think is more important?

QB hands down.  A QB who can release the ball quickly can make his lineman look better.

35 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Some people say you need to have a good OL in order for a QB to be successful. Some say a good QB makes the OL look better.

What do you all think is more important?

OL.   

You saw what happened to Peterman in LA.  We still need a switch away from TT   @ QB 

Not to mention a good OL will also help the running game.

Obviously both...but if I had to choose one, I'd say QB.

For many of the reasons already stated, but also because the QB's reach extends beyond the LOS, it goes to checking the Defense, calling the right audible, getting WRs / TEs in place before the snap so that they can get open, directing RBs where to position themselves in certain calls, of course throwing the ball all over the field of play and being the "leader" of the team....the intangibles do come into play to some degree here for the QB, which can also elevate the line's ability to play / pass protect / run-block.

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Franchise QBs are too intentionally rare to put off.  If you have a shot at a player you think can be one, you take him.  If not, then add other supporting talent as best you can. 

The commonsense answer and I agree.  If there's a QB available that you love, get him.  Otherwise, build up your lines.  

And if you do get the QB you want, build up your OL to protect your investment.

• Like (+1) 2