• Announcements

• SDS

Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Sign in to follow this  
Steptide

Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

Peterman by far.  Lets give him another chance with a full week of practice and decent gameplan.  Need to build up his confidence and I think he'll be fine.  He throws an accurate ball with a quick release.

I know what Tyrod gives us as a starter and I don't like what I see.  Time to move on from him.

• Like 2

Peterman is terrible 

Taylor is average. 

Taylor

Tyrod's injury gives McDermott a good excuse to start Peterman. I think Tyrod probably gives the team a better change to beat the Colts as he doesn't turn the ball over and the team good win with a few forced turnovers, good defense, McCoy's running and a few passes and runs from Tyrod. However, I don't think Tyrod is a good QB for Dennison's offense, so I would prefer to see Peterman to know what he has before the end of the season.

Peterman.  Let the kid play a few games and settle in.  See if he's worth keeping around as a backup. 

Taylor is done in Buffalo.  It makes zero sense to keep playing him at this point.  Sunday was his last stand and he absolutely came out firing blanks. 

Had the Ravens lost to the Lions I would have said Taylor. But being a game up on the Bills with the tiebreaker and a fairly easy schedule (which includes the Browns and Colts) I think it's time to start looking towards the future. 

Peterman.

There is no comparison between Taylor and Peterman as a passer.  Peterman is an NFL-caliber passer who throws guys open. Taylor sees a guy open deep and then checks down, and misses some of those throws anyway.

Taylor is more mobile, when healthy, which he's not, but that would be helpful with the Bill's rotten O-line right side.  So this is a wash.  Use a FB or two TEs to help block. 

Decision making is the big question.  Peterman's a rookie with 5 or 6 quarters total under his belt, and 1 1/2 of those were while he was in shock in Los Angeles.  He'll make rookie mistakes.  He will probably also stretch the field and open up running lanes for Shady.  When the opposing D doesn't respect Taylor's passing and why would they, Shady's looking at a box full of defenders every time.

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Peterman is terrible 

Taylor is average. 

Taylor

You cannot say Peterman is terrible when we've hardly seen him. Yes he was terrible in the Chargers game. But he threw for almost the same amount of yards on Sunday as Taylor. And did it in less than a quarter 

• Like 1

Peterman.  Even if he doesn't prove he's a starter, I'd rather give him snaps. If he needs to come in sometime in the future as our backup, it would do him some good to get a few NFL games under his belt so he can learn from them.  Tyrod isn't on the roster next season.  Give Peterman a chance to develop more.  He's done some nice things at times...with a nice day from Shady and reasonable offensive line play like Tyrod got, Peterman may have a chance to see what his best play level is.  We know what his worst is...why not give him a chance to show us his best ball?  

I too tend to think this season is over so let's plan ahead for 2018. But then... it IS still possibe the Bills are 10-6 or 9-7 and get in the playoffs...

35 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Peterman is terrible 

Taylor is average. 

Taylor

Taylor has shown us that he is below average.  There is nothing much he has done this year that I would consider average. 

We don't know what Peterman is or will become - only way to know is to play.  He shows that he is not afraid to throw the ball in tight spaces and he throws with anticipation, both things that Taylor won't or cannot do. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You cannot say Peterman is terrible when we've hardly seen him. Yes he was terrible in the Chargers game. But he threw for almost the same amount of yards on Sunday as Taylor. And did it in less than a quarter 

I've seen enough. 

Just now, Southtown Tommy said:

Taylor has shown us that he is below average.  There is nothing much he has done this year that I would consider average. 

We don't know what Peterman is or will become - only way to know is to play.  He shows that he is not afraid to throw the ball in tight spaces and he throws with anticipation, both things that Taylor won't or cannot do. 

Taylor is actually above average when looking at the starters in the NFL.  But, carry on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I've seen enough. 

Taylor is actually above average when looking at the starters in the NFL.  But, carry on

40 yards passing in ONE HALF is not above average. Freaking Deshone Kizer had more than that. 

• Like 1

I don't really care right now.

I'm rooting for 10-6 and playoffs, but that's pretty unrealistic watching this team.

9-7 is realistic, I think, but a bit of a longshot given that we'd need either the Ravens or Titans to lose 3 of their next 4.

So that leaves me with what I want... playoffs.  Or what I think will realistically happen but will probably be better in terms of draft position.

I guess I don't care either way.

I don't think Peterman is good, but I don't think he's as bad as he was against the Chargers.

If Taylor's healthy, he gives us the best chance to win, but he doesn't look healthy.  And as much as some might just absolutely deny this, I think once Taylor got injured on that 2nd or 3rd offensive play the injury really affected his game.  That interception he threw was on a play he had plenty of room to move, but didn't.  I think he was hurting and trying to limit his movement.

So... I guess....

Peterman 

...?

Taylor

...?

whoever.  Just win the next 4 somehow :flirt:

Colts starting CB's are both out or banged up, they have a limited pass rush and a bad defense overall. If McD could ever pick a game that would allow Peterman to feel his way through and get some seasoning this would be it.

Tyrod is tough, he will limp out there if they let him. I'd prefer they go back to Peterman but since they made the mistake against the Chargers I understand why they can't do it.

i want to see this kid play a full game. i think we have just as much ..and probably a better chance at winning a few games down the stretch than tyrod. there is no way tyrod can run the table and 9-7 ain't gonna cut it.  going against any team capable of scoring 20 or more points means we lose...period. i want to see what this kid can do. if the receivers can catch what hits them and he is allowed to audible, i just think it would provide a more entertaining game. i'm sick of watching the same crap week in and week out. i feel sorry for our defensive players.