YoloinOhio

Eggnog   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Eggnog

2. 2. With or without rum

3. 3. Bourbon is the way to go, Yolo

• Obviously
    • Yolo is an idiot for making a poll about Eggnog

Eggnog is yummy. I make a killer recipe with brandy and spiced rum (not for everyone due to the raw eggs freaking people out).  Hubby has been buying it from Hoover's  Dairy (in Sanborn) lately, and it is delicious! I had my glass for the season though (the calories... oh the calories... but wow is it good!).

Eggnog french toast is a Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfast must. Get some of that crusty bread being talked about in over yonder thread and cut it nice and thick.

I don't drink the stuff any longer, but if I was forced to I'd add the rum.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hate eggnog.  Love rum.  I make my own Royal Navy grog.

10 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Nay on egg nog, but if you've gotta drink it ... add whiskey, not rum.

Split the difference...Pusser's Rum. Aged in oak, so it's got some whiskey overtones to it.

23 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Eggnog french toast is a Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfast must. Get some of that crusty bread being talked about in over yonder thread and cut it nice and thick.

I don't drink the stuff any longer, but if I was forced to I'd add the rum.

Ok I’m definitely making this! 

On 12/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Eggnog is yummy. I make a killer recipe with brandy and spiced rum (not for everyone due to the raw eggs freaking people out).  Hubby has been buying it from Hoover's  Dairy (in Sanborn) lately, and it is delicious! I had my glass for the season though (the calories... oh the calories... but wow is it good!).

I know the calories are a once a year type of thing for me too... but I did see pre-made fat free eggnog at the store. I can’t imagine it is good. Anyone tried it?

23 hours ago, teef said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyVF3Ne0BsprfW1sFpo6T

this **** is my jam.  there's always limited quantities at the store, but just pour some on ice, and let the fatness set in.

Do you mix those together or is the egg nog in that bottle already spiked? Or both? :)

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you mix those together or is the egg nog in that bottle already spiked? Or both? :)

it's already mixed, and you really don't need to add more.  i'm someone who likes to taste the booze in a mixed drink, and this nog doesn't disappoint.  it has a kick to it.