Bills love Sam Darnold?

HappyDays

....I thought Josh Allen was the guy the Bills coveted?  

Also, this is what the Eagles gave up for the #2 pick in the draft (Wentz)....this was 8 days before the draft I believe:

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade with the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday, the Eagles announced. The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, a third- and fourth-round selection in this draft, next year's first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2018.  The Eagles also receive a conditional 5th round pick.

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

You won't find a team that doesn't love Darnold.  Unfortunately I don't see him coming out this year.

People acting like Darnold regressed or had a bad year just didn't watch college football.

The kid is a once in a lifetime talent, he will go 1st overall.

It took him a couple games to get into a grove, but after that, you can clearly see his talent.

So perfectly said...people forget Sam lost key lineman and a wr during that mid season stretch where they lost the 2 games. Most people in LA say he's staying 1 more year. I just don't want the Bills to give up all these picks for Rosen. Maybe Rudolph?

9 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Darnold already publicly stated that if the Browns have the first overall pick, he's staying in school.

Actually he publicly denied that.

now, it might be true, but he still denied it, at least publicly. 

Per SBNATION:

"

A rumor surfaced earlier this month that claimed USC quarterback Sam Darnold would stay in school another year if he faced the threat of being drafted by the Browns. On Monday, Darnold denied those rumors.

After USC’s practice, Darnold said via ESPN, “I didn't say anything about the Browns. I've never said anything bad about [an NFL] team. They know I would never say anything.”

ESPN’s Rich Cimini reported as recently as Saturday that Darnold was leaning towards staying in school."

14 hours ago, PIZ said:

Do you really believe that?  If true, then heck yeah, get Darnold.  You say having 2 firsts plus next year's #1 gets us almost any pick.  Do you believe that would get us the first pick in the draft?

No, it wouldn't, as long as other teams are desperate as the Bills for a franchise QB. Unfortunately, there are such teams: Cleveland and the Giants. 

15 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They didnt have 2 first round picks that year.  Boths 1 and next years first gives them almost any position in the draft.  They need to get a Qb.  Draft seems to have better prospects then most.  Do what you got to do to get one.  Gms out smart themselves all the time by thinking they are jimmy johnson building the cowboys.

For every Brady, Brees and Wilson there are 5 Trent edwards and Matt Barkleys.

Thats true of every player of every position, so not sure I get your point.  The poster I responded to is down on Baker over his height, and I stated that 2 of the 4 best players at QB in the NFL are short so Baker's height shouldn't automatically rule him out to be a guy to stay away from.  More importantly, Baker is still 6'-1" which is 2 inches taller than Wilson and one inch taller than Brees.  Furthermore, he's only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Rodgers too.  

So again, in the post I responded to, the point was plenty of guys shorter or near his height have had HOF careers and height shouldn't be a deciding factor on his draft worthiness or bust/hit potential.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats true of every player of every position, so not sure I get your point.  The poster I responded to is down on Baker over his height, and I stated that 2 of the 4 best players at QB in the NFL are short so Baker's height shouldn't automatically rule him out to be a guy to stay away from.  More importantly, Baker is still 6'-1" which is 2 inches taller than Wilson and one inch taller than Brees.  Furthermore, he's only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Rodgers too.  

So again, in the post I responded to, the point was plenty of guys shorter or near his height have had HOF careers and height shouldn't be a deciding factor on his draft worthiness or bust/hit potential.  

just jumping in here, but hes 6-1 listed by his school.....there is nooooo way he measures in at 6-1 at the combine (I dont think shortness should disqualify a QB - i love Baker)

Just now, PaattMaann said:

just jumping in here, but hes 6-1 listed by his school.....there is nooooo way he measures in at 6-1 at the combine (I dont think shortness should disqualify a QB - i love Baker)

Ha, thats quite possible...and even then (for the other naysayer, not you) he is still taller than Wilson and no shorter than Brees most likely.  

He is the guy I believe will be a Buffalo Bill next year, and I think we will have to trade up to get him, but won't cost nearly as much as it would to go up and get Darnold.  Although, if the Bills like Mason Rudolph I could easily see them standing pat and letting him fall to them so they can spend our other draft assets on all the holes we have on this team.  It wouldn't shock me to see them do what it takes to get Darnold if they truly love him, but I think that Baker and Mason are very good prospects too, so if the Bills feel strong about them it would make more sense I think to target them and save as many draft assets as they can to put more help around him and also work on the DL.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha, thats quite possible...and even then (for the other naysayer, not you) he is still taller than Wilson and no shorter than Brees most likely.  

He is the guy I believe will be a Buffalo Bill next year, and I think we will have to trade up to get him, but won't cost nearly as much as it would to go up and get Darnold.  Although, if the Bills like Mason Rudolph I could easily see them standing pat and letting him fall to them so they can spend our other draft assets on all the holes we have on this team.  It wouldn't shock me to see them do what it takes to get Darnold if they truly love him, but I think that Baker and Mason are very good prospects too, so if the Bills feel strong about them it would make more sense I think to target them and save as many draft assets as they can to put more help around him and also work on the DL.  

yea I just dont see McD and his love for character guys going after Mayfield...his list of incidents is almost as long as his list of accomplishments on the field

PERSONALLY I would love it, I am just not getting my hopes up based on whos calling the shots 

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

yea I just dont see McD and his love for character guys going after Mayfield...his list of incidents is almost as long as his list of accomplishments on the field

PERSONALLY I would love it, I am just not getting my hopes up based on whos calling the shots 

True, however I think the incidents are not so severe that you have to pass on him if you think the talent is there.  He is an Alpha type player on the field who plays with a killer mentality, coaches love that stuff.  He has that Kobe like mindset when he hits field and always has a chip on his shoulder too.  

The combine will be very interesting this year...I can honestly see several guys shifting around a little bit with big combine performances too.  A guy like Mason could move ahead of Baker with a big combine given Bakers off field stuff too.  Darnold could still take the top spot over Rosen.  Then you still have Lamar and Allen that could rise too with big combine performances.  I actually think Lamar can rise into being a top 10 pick.  His resume is incredible, but the questions will be his transition to a passer at the NFL level.  A big showing with his arm at the combine very easily moves him up the board in my opinion and wouldn't shock me if he is one of first 2 or 3 QBs taken.  Honestly, the best thing to happen to Lamar was Watson's early success.  

Cant wait to start seeing how the QB prospect tree starts shaking out.  Quite possible Bills don't have to trade at all to get a very good prospect and the guy they might covet too.  

Here is my early prediction on how it could shake out in terms of rankings: 

Rosen

Darnold

Lamar

Baker

Allen

Mason

Falk

Lock

• Like (+1) 1

My list is :

1. Darnold

2. Rudolph

3. Mayfield

4. Cousins

5. Lock

I've seen close up every game Rosen has played. He's fragile and not that into football. Mora coddled and protected him for 3 years. Pass. Drew Lock looks intriguing?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think a lot of folks are skeptical that Mayfield is 5'11", let alone 6'1."  We'll find out at the combine.

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 1:33 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

My list is :

1. Darnold

2. Rudolph

3. Mayfield

4. Cousins

5. Lock

I've seen close up every game Rosen has played. He's fragile and not that into football. Mora coddled and protected him for 3 years. Pass. Drew Lock looks intriguing?

I’m not interested in waiting a year for Lock. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, HappyDays said:
I

I firmly believe that Darnold is THE QB of this draft.

1. Darnold

2. Mayfield

3. Allen

4. Rosen.

I see the Bills shooting up with the Giants to pick Darnold.  If there is a guy they think is the best, you have to go all in for him. It's a unique situation that 20 years will tell you when you see one you go all in for it.

With that being said, I can see the Bills happy with either Darnold or Mayfield.  If that's the case then you give up less and trade with the Colts or Browns (depending who goes 3 or 4).

I don't see Allen or Rosen going before those two.  I even see Rosen dropping to the teens.  

With that being said, these FA QBs are in unique situations.  Keenum, Bridgewater, McCarron aren't "bridge" QBs in their minds.  I don't see a guy like Bradford agreeing to come to Buffalo after the situation that happened when the Eagles drafted Wentz and he complained he wanted to be traded cuz he thought he was the starter.

Those three most likely want to go to a situation where they may start for a couple of years. No way Buffalo is trading the house for Darnold and letting him sit for 2 years.  When I see guys like Matt Moore on our radar, I wince but realize everyone knows we are going all in this draft and Moore-types are the only one's that would be willing to enter our situation IMO.