Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

Calling it a late hit is an attempt to legitimize it as part of the game. It was an assault that was in no way part of a football play and Gronk even admitted it. Huge distinction imo.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Plural subject with a singular verb!  Oh No!!..

If that was "stupid" then at least 80% of the posts here would be called out as that as well.

As for his opinion, he's a football player in the NFL, you're a guy who posts about what you think NFL players should do and say.  How is it that you are able to judge the validity of his opinion?   How can you even challenge it?  You are (we all are) uniquely unqualified to say his opinion is "stupid". 

The idea that you have to have played the game to be able to comment on a player's opinion on another player's punishment is silly.    You don't need to have played the game to realize his comment was stupid as it only took into account the effect of the cretin's absence to the Cheaters (which as someone else pointed out is negligible) and not White's absence to the Bills as a result of that cretin's actions.  Never mind that White suffered a concussion because of that cretin and Larry almost retired after the 2016 due to concussions.  But yeah, a fine, that'll learn him!

As for his grammatical gaffe, it is what it is.  But then again, I'm not an English professor, so...

Is anyone else torqued he didn't get more?

"elbowed" IMO doesn't cover it.  Gronkowski slammed him in the back of the head with his brace, essentially the equivalent of hitting him with a club.

White may be out for several weeks.  I think Gronkowski should be out for as long as White is.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

London Fletcher weighs in.

I agree with Fletcher

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"elbowed" IMO doesn't cover it.  Gronkowski slammed him in the back of the head with his brace, essentially the equivalent of hitting him with a club.

White may be out for several weeks.  I think Gronkowski should be out for as long as White is.

Definitely.  As I said before, how the league could give Talib and Crabtree two games initially and just one for the cretin is beyond comprehension.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a lot of us are torqued he didn't get more.

We don't matter though.

Just the same, I believe it was a very bad mistake. A very bad one. And I think it will come back to haunt the league actually. It just wont be because of us fans or the the team or anything.

What they did doesn't look good in ways they do not yet understand (he says mysteriously)

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with Fletcher

It's egregious that he only received one game.  His act was in no way a football play.  It was a disgusting, deliberate, and dirty act that came after the whistle on a defenseless player who had no idea what was coming. 

On 12/5/2017 at 12:09 AM, DC Tom said:

Where'd the NFLPA say that?

They didn't say it in so many words, but it they went to bat for Gronk, they're implicitly not going to bat for Tre.  The NFLPA clearly has a conflict of interest here, since the discipline involved one player injuring an opposing player.  They should have recused themselves from any involvement with Gronk's appeal.

The fact that a grinning psychopath like him can basically get away with first degree assault because he is really good at the game of football is disgusting. This event and the lack of consequence lay bare the ugliest side of this 'game'.

50 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

They didn't say it in so many words, but it they went to bat for Gronk, they're implicitly not going to bat for Tre.  The NFLPA clearly has a conflict of interest here, since the discipline involved one player injuring an opposing player.  They should have recused themselves from any involvement with Gronk's appeal.

Injuring a fellow player in a premeditated act of rage well after the play. A huge distinction and terrible precedent.

6 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think a lot of us are torqued he didn't get more.

We don't matter though.

Just the same, I believe it was a very bad mistake. A very bad one. And I think it will come back to haunt the league actually. It just wont be because of us fans or the the team or anything.

What they did doesn't look good in ways they do not yet understand (he says mysteriously)

Probably why they had Runyan hand it down... he replies mysteriously.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

As for his opinion, he's a football player in the NFL, you're a guy who posts about what you think NFL players should do and say.  How is it that you are able to judge the validity of his opinion?   How can you even challenge it?  You are (we all are) uniquely unqualified to say his opinion is "stupid". 

Strongly disagree here.  We as fans are some degree of unqualified to discuss many topics here - the cause of "inaccurate" passes for example.

The Gronk assault with a club (his arm brace) on a defenseless, OOB down player, is something one needs no special football chops to call: it had NO football purpose, was dangerous to the player, and seems likely to deprive our team of that player's services for >1 game as well as potential long-term consequences to the player.

Fitz comments don't take any of that into account, so we're all quite qualified to say his opinion is very stupid and moreover, if Gronk did that to one of his DBs he'd be irate at the 1 game.

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The dirt bag should be fined and suspended for at least three games. He could have crippled or killed White. The fact that he appealed shows what an !@#$ he is.

EVERYTHING gets appealed, because it's the only input the NFLPA has in to league discipline under the current CBA.

That will likely be a major negotiating point in the next CBA.