Would the Bills be in a better place if Marrone stayed?

T-Bomb

If Doug Marrone had stayed on as HC, I feel Whaley would have gotten the axe much sooner.  It begs the question on whether or not the Bills would be in a better place if Doug decided to stay.  We could have avoided the Rex Ryan debacle completely! Schwartz would likely still be the DC as it seems he's no longer in real consideration for HC's positions in this league, that in itself puts the Bills D in a much better position the last few years.

The Bills really look like a franchise that doesn't belong in this league, both Mularkey & Marrone quitting NFL HC positions, who does that?  What a disgrace...

Yes.  Doug Marrone is the best Head Coach we have had since Wade.  Arse of a man, no doubt, but I honestly feel like if he had stayed in 2015 we'd have made the playoffs.  They were on a sensible plan, they had a great defense..... the wild spending spree of Rex and Doug in the 2015 offseason was where this thing began to fall apart.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

If Doug Marrone had stayed on as HC, I feel Whaley would have gotten the axe much sooner.  It begs the question on whether or not the Bills would be in a better place if Doug decided to stay.  We could have avoided the Rex Ryan debacle completely! Schwartz would likely still be the DC as it seems he's no longer in real consideration for HC's positions in this league, that in itself puts the Bills D in a much better position the last few years.

The Bills really look like a franchise that doesn't belong in this league, both Mularkey & Marrone quitting NFL HC positions, who does that?  What a disgrace...

No. The offense would have continued to suck (worse than we saw under Roman/Lynn in 2015 and 2016) and the defense would have depreciated due to aging personnel (see Williams, Mario).

Yes they would be better and probably would have made the playoffs. However with Marrone's relationship with the front office/GM and his crustiness, there was no way any that they could live with each other. Pegula would have had to step in and fire somebody eventually. You cannot thrive with that level of dysfunction.

As much as I hate to admit it history shows that Marrone was on the right side about many things.  He was against drafting and starting EJ Manuel and the kings ransom paid for Sammy.  The front office gave him nothing to work with at QB in either of his years.   What he and Hackett were able to do pulling Orton off the bleachers at the last second in 2014 was in retrospect respectable if not admirable. 

Edited by Charles Romes

The effect of the change could have been mitigated if Schwartz had stayed.  Getting rid of the coordinator who turned Dareus around was the dumbest thing that this franchise has done in the last few years, and we all saw what happened after. 

Doug was great with the O-line and was a offensive minded HC. I think he was good at developing QB talent also. He seems to have that it factor when you look at him as a HC. 

I guess the real reason I liked him is because I prefer a offensive minded HC and he was good with the O-Line and QB positions. 

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

If he fired Hacket, yes. 

Schwartz staying would have clearly been the linchpin to our success providing we got a real OC

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Doug was great with the O-line and was a offensive minded HC. I think he was good at developing QB talent also. He seems to have that it factor when you look at him as a HC. 

I guess the real reason I liked him is because I prefer a offensive minded HC and he was good with the O-Line and QB positions. 

so you liked our offense under Marone?