Tyrod asks for pro bowl votes, gets roasted

Teddy KGB

9 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The scheme the last two years produced a lot of points. You guys have some serious issues with one man. Don't watch the rest of the season, even if they finish 9-7 and sneak into the sixth seed. Then you won't get HBP because he is our QB.

Taylor is definitely the type of QB a team can win with but he needs to have a very good team around him. He isn't the type of QB that makes one think, "Hey, under a minute left and they need 60 yards to get in range for a game-winning field goal, there's definitely a chance with this guy under center." He needs a certain set of circumstances to achieve his full potential, strong run game, strong defense and a receiver or two that can get over the top so he can take some deep shots which is a strength of his. If they roll with him in 2018 (even if they draft a QB) I can see them going for a speedy WR somewhere so they'll have that option.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The scheme the last two years produced a lot of points. You guys have some serious issues with one man. Don't watch the rest of the season, even if they finish 9-7 and sneak into the sixth seed. Then you won't get HBP because he is our QB.

Yes, they may sneak into the playoffs with TT.  If I am honest I still say “so what?”  TT can’t win on the road consistently, he does not beat teams who have better records consistently, the whole league knows how to gameplan for him and he has no upside.  Do you really believe that this coaching staff is so inept that they put an unproven rookie in because they know TT is the answer?  Please, they were desperate.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I see everything wrong with being satisfied with 2 games over .500 in a 3 year span.

He's actually three, counting the Indy game. This roster since 2015 has been average at best, and yet had the Ryans not changed the scheme with the defense, we would have ended this playoff drought last season.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes, they may sneak into the playoffs with TT.  If I am honest I still say “so what?”  TT can’t win on the road consistently, he does not beat teams who have better records consistently, the whole league knows how to gameplan for him and he has no upside.  Do you really believe that this coaching staff is so inept that they put an unproven rookie in because they know TT is the answer?  Please, they were desperate.  

yeah, what's the big deal ending the long drought? Who wants that.  We'll snap our fingers and we can have a SB roster next season.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

He's actually three, counting the Indy game. This roster since 2015 has been average at best, and yet had the Ryans not changed the scheme with the defense, we would have ended this playoff drought last season.

Too bad we kept Tyrod and the season was over after Baltimore made him be a qb again. 

Way to give away the playoffs TT. 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

Just for comparison in yards per game including rushing this season. Tried to mix it up between QB's considered below average, average, above average, and elite. 

Tyrod- 211 yards

Dalton- 220 yards 

Smith- 282 yards

Newton- 260 yards

Rodgers- 300 yards (2016- because data is skewed. He left the game early and only a few games this year)

Brady - 309 yards

Vivck(2011)- 299 yards

Should note that rogers rushes for about 12 less yards per game. 

I like Tyrod's skill set in general, but in the NFL you need to be able to win with your arm first and legs second behind center. The scrambling is awesome for keeping some plays alive, but it cannot ever replace playing QB with your arm first. Unless you are a freak like Mike Vick, that style of play will never ever make up for inadequacies in the skill set to play the position. 

EDIT: Added Vicks last season as a starter in Philly with 13 games since I mentioned him.

If TT rushed for the same amount as Vick per game, in his best season ever (over 1000 YARDS), he would still be at 260.  ~40 yards less production per game than Mike Vicks final season as a starter, just perspective. 

Edited by Mango

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Too bad we kept Tyrod and the season was over after Baltimore made him be a qb again. 

The offense scored 400 points and averaged 25 points against playoff teams. The defense gave up an average of 35 points to playoff teams. Still can't figure out what former troll from the BBMBs you are. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Just for comparison in yards per game including rushing this season. Tried to mix it up between QB's considered below average, average, above average, and elite. 

Tyrod- 211 yards

Dalton- 220 yards 

Smith- 282 yards

Newton- 260 yards

Rodgers- 300 yards (2016- because data is skewed. He left the game early and only a few games this year)

Brady - 309

Should note that rogers rushes for about 12 less yards per game. 

I like Tyrod's skill set in general, but in the NFL you need to be able to win with your arm first and legs second behind center. The scrambling is awesome for keeping some plays alive, but it cannot ever replace playing QB with your arm first. Unless you are a freak like Mike Vick, that style of play will never ever make up for inadequacies in the skill set to play the position. 

Virtually everyone knows by now that he's a bridge QB. That being said you still have to cross the bridge before the torch is passed.  The crossing comes in the 2018 draft let us all hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

so much to say and so little time to say it.  So, I'll borrow a line from a commedian

"You can't fix stupid" 

I mean, I ask a million times what QB we have had since 2015 could have done better-no responses. And yes, Shady, EJ was benched in part due to his putting WRs in danger with his throws, i saw your post mocking me with that.... i believe that this poster along with others resent TT so much because they liked EJ.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Virtually everyone knows by now that he's a bridge QB. That being said you still have to cross the bridge before the torch is passed.  The crossing comes in the 2018 draft let us all hope. 

This is what rational fans think. Too bad we have a minority that are not rational.

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

To what, Peterman? lol he's a backup at best and he does not look ready, esp behind this line. You assume this bunch will be able to get one of the QBs in the draft? We'll see. If not, than 21-18 is going to look awful good.

Is going to look AWFUL mediocre.

If they can’t get a “ Franchise “ QB

they should draft O line, D Line and LB and wait till the following year while starting Peterman.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm on the fence.

There is no hope with Tyrod...after 7 years in the league, he has reached his ceiling imo...if we keep him we will all be back here, at the same time, next year, complaining about the same deficiencies, and finishing 7-9 or 8-8...but there will always be those that say “yah, but he doesn’t turn the ball over and we can’t do better.”  Those people are just afraid of change imo, and keeping Tyrod is comfortable...I say cut him loose and use the $16 million to help build around the QB of the future.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree. Good stop gap guy. It is just sort of frustrating to always be putting absolutely everything on literally the rest of the team. IE, if the D was better. But the OL. New OC.Shady needs more production. the WR. We have literally blamed everybody but the kicker. 

I don't think it is so much of a crusade against TT, but more people just trying to say. Meh, he is not that good. I think just because one of the above issues is true, does not mean TT is good enough to win you 10-11 games year in and year out. 

Summary: I don't want him here, but I do not want him gone. We really are in QB purgatory 

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Is going to look AWFUL mediocre.

If they can’t get a “ Franchise “ QB

they should draft O line, D Line and LB and wait till the following year while starting Peterman.

Yeah, well the record with Peterman, if he doesn't improve, will make mediocre look wonderful.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying.  Flutie cared about one thing:  Flutie.  And the same goes for Tyrod.  Ironically, they both suck and will both be ex-Bills soon.

Sounds like the short guy doesn't like the short guys. It's like when you get a bunch of women together, they all start hating on each other!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Football is the last reason the Bills are a laughing stock. It’s the Deadspin videos and Tyrod’s replacement throwing 5 picks in one half after the fans called for him to be benched. Most of the NFL likes Tyrod and thinks he is a competent starter.

:wallbash:

49 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tom Savage is terrible and he probably conservatively made 4-6 throws last night (that every starting qb in the nfl should make) that Tyrod has never made. If you watch NFL football, even bad teams they all attempt and make throws that we don’t even try. It’s not an agenda, it’s not hate, it’s not anything to be confused about. It’s, watch the games and comprehend that something isn’t normal. We don’t even need Reciecers...Tyrod will not look or throw at them. He doesnt throw interceptions. Wonderful, it’s almost entirely because he doesn’t ever attempt NFL throws. How often do check downs or passes thrown 5 yds out of bounds get intercepted?

Wow bro. How many hits of LSD did you have to drop to come up with this gem. Did you see these amazing plays before or after the 15th hit kicked in. Im no fan of Taylor but come on. Your dropping Tom Savage blasts to argue Taylors worthiness as a starter. Savage takes sucking to an entirely new stratosphere. 

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Another "fan" who likes multiple turnovers, as long as it isn't TT playing. Horrid defense doesn't matter either.

I highly doubt he likes seeing picks and poor defense. Im guessing he wants a great offense. A strong defense. And a legitmate chance at a championship. 

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I highly doubt he likes seeing picks and poor defense. Im guessing he wants a great offense. A strong defense. And a legitmate chance at a championship. 

We'll we haven't had a roster like that since the 90's. A modest goal is to end the playoff drought.

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Do you have a post limit ?  

His reaction to the post has nothing to do with TT or your crusade. 

You are a banned poster form BBMB. How many times have you come back? I don't know. Still not sure which one. A few in here know.

1 minute ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I think you'd be surprised at how many would be happy with a few games over .500, seeing the Bills graphic in the 'In The Hunt' section of the playoff chart every season, and Tyrod Taylor as the QB in perpetuity.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I think you'd be surprised at how many would be happy with a few games over .500, seeing the Bills graphic in the 'In The Hunt' section of the playoff chart every season, and Tyrod Taylor as the QB in perpetuity.

Hopeless. 

11 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Wow bro. How many hits of LSD did you have to drop to come up with this gem. Did you see these amazing plays before or after the 15th hit kicked in. Im no fan of Taylor but come on. Your dropping Tom Savage blasts to argue Taylors worthiness as a starter. Savage takes sucking to an entirely new stratosphere. 

Did you watch the game? If you did you would have seen the 5-10 down the field, down the middle passed he dropped in between the levels of the defense to a WR. If you didn’t watch it then don’t bother commenting -and if you did watch it you would know what I mean.