Posts of the Year - Your 2017 Nominees

We get past Thanksgiving and all of a sudden it's best-ofs and lists everywhere. This one will be devoted to those posts/threads that provided the best entertainment value in 2017. 

No Shah's Spleen this year, or the Return of the Particle Sun.  But I'm sure there's some classics out there that have slipped my mind.  Like the Oscars, it tends to be those that come in the last few months that stick in one's mind. A couple obvious starters:

- Kyle Orton for the Wall of Fame (which says more about Bills Desperate for a Hero to Worship than it does about Mr. Orton's achievements)

- Bills Should Acquire Short Offensive Lineman to Help Tyrod (kind of a football version of the Spinal Tap Stonehenge set scene)

Nominees, please (with links if you can find 'em so we can relive the moment)

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I would agree with the Orton thread because it made it so far even though the premise was just hilariously bad.

Entertainment-wise it was top notch.

I also believe that thread set a record for the number of times the word "extrapolate" was used.

• Like (+1) 1

I would nominate the thread that basically said "Robert Woods is F-ing Crazy" with no other explanation or context surrounding the statement, but that was last year, right?

I can't remember and I can't find it in a search.

That one was pretty good though.

31 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I would agree with the Orton thread because it made it so far even though the premise was just hilariously bad.

Entertainment-wise it was top notch.

I also believe that thread set a record for the number of times the word "extrapolate" was used.

The Orton thread should get troll post of the year. It was complete stupidity and garbage. 

Edited by Idandria

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Post of the year was the guy in a live gameday thread who said Shady had broken his forearm and would be out for the year. He ended up coming back into the game.

Almost as bad as the time some guy was watching MNF and said Wentz hangs onto the ball too long. This was months after the same fella said he would take TT over Wentz.

58 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Threads of the year or posts of the year??

If we're talking posts of the year, there is no debate: some poster started an "I'm leaving" thread, and Yolo posted "I had to unblock you to read your goodbye note."  Winner winner chicken dinner.

Yes. Felt like posting every rap battle gif on the internet after that one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/27/2017 at 9:50 PM, Captain_Quint said:

Generally speaking, the year was defined by the BBMB shutting down and the subsequent flood of new members that followed. A few of the 'welcome' threads were pretty good.

As one of the survivors from BBMB I greatly enjoy the threads here. In general they are far better and more entertaining.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:27 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Threads of the year or posts of the year??

If we're talking posts of the year, there is no debate: some poster started an "I'm leaving" thread, and Yolo posted "I had to unblock you to read your goodbye note."  Winner winner chicken dinner.

Haha I loved that thread. I am leaving but I of course have to make a post stating why I am leaving.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:25 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I really like whenever someone goes off the deep end. There was one earlier this year where the guy snapped and started cursing people out. 

sounds like an hour in the life of jm2009 

Kyle Orion thread belonging on the Wall of Fame was redonckulous