The path to the Playoffs

PrimeTime101

Playoff Bound?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Bills get to 9-7 and make it to the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes they make it to 9-7 but loose the tie breaker.

I don't think we're making the playoffs. Even 9-7 won't get us there after the Ravens win tonight. We're going to lose on tiebreakers to someone unless we can get to 10-6, which will all know isn't happening. Sorry for pessimism, but was hoping Texans would steal one and that isn't going to happen

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It is entirely possible that things fall our way and it all comes down to the final game of the season in Miami.

Let's say a win there takes us to 9-7 and that is enough for a playoff berth.

That would be the next game we are expected to win, but will probably lose.

I will give this team the benefit of the doubt when they earn it, and not before.

I think we lose to NE at home this week, beat Indy at home, beat Dolphins at home, lose to Patriots in NE and then it all comes down to final game of season in Miami.

You have to assume we lose that game because...Bills.

We don't have the offense and we don't have the defense either, apparently, when we are playing a team with a strong QB.

It is almost impossible to believe we could actually win a playoff game, even if we qualify for one, though that would largely depend on the breaks of who we end up playing and who that team's QB is.

If it's a good team with a good QB, no way we win.  If we get lucky with a suspect QB, possible we could win, though Tyrod will need to still put up points, and we struggle with that.

Meh. We have been incredibly bad at points, but lets not forget the playoff for the WC. Outside of Pitt and NE, the rest are teams in pretty similar spots. 

KC, SD, TN, BUF, BAL, JAX. 

All are very beatable teams by just about everybody in the AFC. The gap from top to middle is huge, but everybody else seems to be largely pretty competitive with eachother 

I think we need to go 4-1 looking at the friendly schedules of the Jags, Titans, and Ravens.  That means taking care of business against worse teams record wise (Fins (2x), Colts) and beating the Patriots once.  It's a steep hill climb and I doubt we do it as the Bills are somewhat notorious for losing big games against weaker teams.  Plus, Brady's record is 26-2 against the Bills when he's played the whole game.  Unless we somehow can contain the run and put constant pressure on Brady only rushing four the odds of winning this Sunday is slim.

By the way, does anybody know the % of teams that finish 9-7 who make it as a WC team historically?

Edited by Doc Brown

10 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I still think the Bills are not a playoff caliber team. If they beat the Pats then I will be impressed. The Bills dont have the offense to compete with good teams. The Bills defense basically takes teams into deep water to drown them, the Bills offense does just enough to keep their nose above the waterline. 

No I think the Bills defense has taken teams into deep water and then just drowned 3 out of the last 4 weeks.

Neither unit is great, or even good. But the AFC isn't good, so playoffs are possible, and they have way too many wins to tank it. Not that NFL teams would, but people who think that way need to realize that philosophy of tanking is useless at this point, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 is not much different than 9-7. They might as well go out guns blazing at this point and hope to sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

22 hours ago, ALF said:

That horrid 3 game losing streak has me worried . Can't predict after seeing that mess.

It is really the loss against the Bengals and the Jets that hurts this team than anything else.  Both those games could have been had, especially the Bengals, where there are 3-4 turnovers and we came empty handed.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:49 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Well a little. back to the same old Tyrod Taylor at least he didn't throw for 56-57 yards or what ever it was lol.

The benching lit a fire under his ass and he tripled his production ;)

9-7 and the drought is over :)

9 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

If we go 9-7 and the titans go 9-7 and lose to the Jags in week 17 we can get the 6th spot.  Other than that I don't see the Ravens doing worse than 9-7 which takes the 6th spot.

Ravens wins this season have come vs QBs with an average QBR of 35.8....4 of which were backups. There's a decent chance they drop a few when they play some real QB's . 

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah the Ravens schedule outside of the Steelers game looks pretty easy the rest of the way.  I don't see it happening or at best losing some tie-breaker

I'm hoping the last five games one way or another I can "trust the process" more than anything

The simplest solution - win your games.  

I wouldn’t discount Cindy as an automatic win.