Thankful for her life

Because I could not stop for Death (479)

Emily Dickinson, 1830 - 1886

Because I could not stop for Death – 
He kindly stopped for me –  
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –  
And Immortality.

We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility – 

We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess – in the Ring –  
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –  
We passed the Setting Sun – 

Or rather – He passed us – 
The Dews drew quivering and chill – 
For only Gossamer, my Gown – 
My Tippet – only Tulle – 

We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground – 
The Roof was scarcely visible – 
The Cornice – in the Ground – 

Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads 
Were toward Eternity – 

So sorry.  Sending all our thoughts and prayers.

I lost my mother in 1999 to ovarian cancer, she was 58.  It is still difficult to this day to think of a world without her, but she's in a better place, not suffering and at peace.

All our heartfelt warmth during your time of trouble.  May you find ease.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:25 PM, #89 said:

You all have had a loved one pass and it is most difficult.  They say my Mom is passing on tonight or tomorrow.  I had this wonderful woman for almost 64 years( boy I'm old) Well it's hard not to cry and feel bad but she was an angel on earth and God wants her back.  She will now join Dad and my husband.  I hope they have a great long time before I join them.  Happy Thanksgiving.

My wife’s mom passed last Saturday, the day before her 84th birthday. My wife’s close friend (who happens to be a counselor) explained she just wanted to spend her birthday with her long lost husband.

It’s natural to cry. Before my wife went up to give the closing eulogy, she turned to me and said “at our wedding, you said DON’T CRY! I’m about to do the hardest thing I’ve ever done, I need you to keep it together.”  I smiled which is all I think she could see. She did great, but she was too far away too see the tears. 

On 24/11/2017 at 6:25 AM, #89 said:

You all have had a loved one pass and it is most difficult.  They say my Mom is passing on tonight or tomorrow.  I had this wonderful woman for almost 64 years( boy I'm old) Well it's hard not to cry and feel bad but she was an angel on earth and God wants her back.  She will now join Dad and my husband.  I hope they have a great long time before I join them.  Happy Thanksgiving.

There are few words, take care.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, #89 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:24 PM, #89 said:

She is now gone.  I was hoping for tomorrow because today was her granddaughter 18 birthday and I didn't want this to be a sad time for her. She fought til the end and I'm so,  so thankful for her life.  She was a kind giving soul & a beautiful woman inside and out.  She loved Steve Tasker and would say hi to the TV when his West Herr ads came on.  Said Steve reminded her of my brother Jim and Steve was always kind to Mom.

I am sorry for your loss, Cindy. It sounds like you are lucky to have had such a great Mom. God Bless.

Tom

Edited by rockpile
add

Cindy, I don't know you, but I've heard nothing but great things from many longtime TBD guys.  I am very sorry for your loss and, from experience, I can tell you that you came to the right place for love and support.  Bless you and yours.

My wife’s mom passed about ten days ago. Near the end, when she was in the hospital and unresponsive, out niece was sobbing uncontrollably. My wife told the young girl “this is her journey” which seemed to give her some relief. And it was the truth.  

Edited by Augie