OVERCOOKED OVERREACTION

theRalph

Drought psychosis is reigning supreme. Everywhere. Except at One Bills Drive. 

Yes, it was a disaster. But shut down your emotions for a moment and consider the facts:

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout “that’s the throw we’ve been looking for!!!”

2. Pat DiMarco should have his beard plucked out whisker by whisker for playing beach volleyball with a throw right on his hands. That 1st INT wrecked the day.

3. We didn’t expect it, but Peterman’s start revealed stark weaknesses on the offensive line. On 2 of the interceptions, he had pass rushers in his grill. And it certainly wasn’t because he was holding out of the ball too long.

4. So 3 of the 5 INTs weren’t exactly Peterman’s fault. The other two were his fault. Dak Prescott also had two very similar INTs 2 hours later, at home, vs. the Eagles.

For as much as fans go on and on about the drought, they really don’t give credence to the fact that the drought has tremendous negative energy. This may sound crazy but I believe Peterman’s start actually put a dent in that energy and that energy bit back.

When you arrive at this understanding, you will understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs. 

Peterman starts in Kansas City, Mark my words.

Edited by theRalph
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Agree completely.  DiMarco makes that catch, we may have an entirely different game and outcome.  I'll give Peterman a pass on this 1st game.  He's still the guy that can push the ball downfield.  The O-line is glaringly bad right now - something has to be done immediately there.

4 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Agree completely.  DiMarco makes that catch, we may have an entirely different game and outcome.  I'll give Peterman a pass on this 1st game.  He's still the guy that can push the ball downfield.  The O-line is glaringly bad right now - something has to be done immediately there.

When did this happen? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Did you forget to mention that the Bills defence can't stop a nose bleed?

Yep...  the defense is crapping the bed. However, still doesn't absolve the Bills from making adjustments to be a better team today or for tomorrow. It is like saying "why deal with my heart condition when I have skin cancer?" The team works on both the best they are able and you move on. This is NOT an either or situation.

4 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Agree completely.  DiMarco makes that catch, we may have an entirely different game and outcome.

Yep.  If DiMarco makes that catch, suddenly the line can block Bosa.  If DiMarco makes the catch, then Peterman suddenly doesn't throw balls up for grabs with no concern over protecting the football.  And suddenly the defense can stop them from scoring at will.

What drugs are you on?

• Haha (+1) 2

Why was the ball even thrown to DiMarco, and why is he on the team

If you didn't know the OL was bad, you really don't know anything.

With the defense, even Joe Namath, Tom Brady or any other HOF QB could have won any of the last 3 games.

I agree with the point that the playoff drought has caused people to over react. When you put the word drought into every opinion it loses its power. What I would say is quit living in the past. 

Nate had a bad game. He made bad choices. Was way over aggressive with the ball. The anti Tyrod if you will. I wouldn't just toss him away like trash but he needs more work. Not a finished product. Not deserving of his own song just yet. I rewrote the Peterman song in my head.

After the first 2 interceptions I was like good now it's out of your system and.... Nope ok now it's out of your system and... Nope. 

Edited by Lfod

On Sirius they buried Peterman.  Said once they plucked him out at halftime, his season was over.  Tyrod will finish it out, Bills will draft a QB and Peterman will never see the field again (unless an injury emergency occurs). 

The fans in BLo continue to look for a silver lining in his performance.  Nationally his career as a starter is over here, and maybe forever.  

Thanks DiMarco!

Everyone keeps tossing that first INT on DiMarco...

1. It hit his hands should catch it- this applies to SKILL PLAYERS

2. DiMarco IS NOT a SKILL player

3. That was a throw that needed touch, floated ahead of, not lasered at his forhead.

4. We can blame Dennison for having DiMarco on the field, but you need to recognize who you are throwing the ball too as well.

5. That WAS NOT ALL on DiMarco...he's not paid to catch passes (thankfully)

Edited by Xerx
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He threw two balls up for grabs off his back foot while not even trying to elude the rush. Not ready for prime time and may never be. The team is alive for the playoffs, so Taylor starts

After these 3 performances how in the world can you say this team is alive for the playoffs? Mathematically, of course, but come on...

7 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Yep.  If DiMarco makes that catch, suddenly the line can block Bosa.  If DiMarco makes the catch, then Peterman suddenly doesn't throw balls up for grabs with no concern over protecting the football.  And suddenly the defense can stop them from scoring at will.

What drugs are you on?

One huge play can change everything an in NFL play, Peterman was on a roll before that fiasco.  Psychological momentum in the NFL is real.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

After these 3 performances how in the world can you say this team is alive for the playoffs? Mathematically, of course, but come on...

It kills me every time playoffs is mentioned now. The Mathematics!!!! If you can believe the playoffs are still a go you surely can stretch yourself to call Peterman franchise right now.

Edited by Lfod

26 minutes ago, theRalph said:

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout “that’s the throw we’ve been looking for!!!”

I definitely did. I think losing Benjamin affected the whole team. Of course, we will never know what could have been...

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

One huge play can change everything an in NFL play, Peterman was on a roll before that fiasco.  Psychological momentum in the NFL is real.

On a roll?  It was his 3rd pass!!!

3 minutes ago, Xerx said:

Everyone keeps tossing that first INT on DiMarco...

1. It hit his hands should catch it- this applies to SKILL PLAYERS

2. DiMarco IS NOT a SKILL player

3. That was a throw that needed touch, floated ahead of, not lasered at his forhead.

4. We can blame Dennison for having DiMarco on the field, but you need to recognize who you are throwing the ball too as well.

5. That WAS NOT ALL on DiMarco...he's not paid to catch passes (thankfully)

My favorite excuse this week is that the ints aren't all his fault.  Tyrod has 3 picks on the year.  2 of them happened the same way DiMarco's did.  I have not seen one person excuse either of those picks.  Put the rookie in though and the line is all of a sudden bad, there are no weapons, and the running game didn't help him out.   Those are all true points but they were also true with Tyrod behind center.

• Thank you (+1) 2