Travaris Cadet for RB2 (update - dislocated ankle)

YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tolbert’s fumble was brutal yesterday! Whyyyyyyy was he getting the ball when Cadet was healthy????

....put yesterday aside for a moment....how the hell do we advertise Bflo as a "run first" team with ONE damn stallion in the stable?.....better thank God Shady is still healthy after game 13......he goes down and the glue factory comes in.....play this damn Cadet kid.......think Tolbert and Dimarco could carry the load if Shady is out?.....would mean depending on our prolific passing game....for years we always had a strong backfield with QB and TE spots being #1 & #2 in the areas most neglected......RB spot is creeping up to a virtual tie for #2 IMO.....yet we're a "run first" team......go figure..............

28 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If it wasn't for the fumble yesterday Tolbert actually had a meaningful impact, however I'm still baffled as to why Dennison insists on running a North/South downhill back like him to outside over and over again.

Agreed. Fumble was bad, but it was on a great run. I don't know how in all these years in the league he still doesn't properly secure the ball. 

The outside runs, screen, etc. To Tolbert are most baffling. With both he and Cadet available for the first time next week (not counting this one on account of the weather) I am curious to see who gets what calls.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Agreed. Fumble was bad, but it was on a great run. I don't know how in all these years in the league he still doesn't properly secure the ball

The outside runs, screen, etc. To Tolbert are most baffling. With both he and Cadet available for the first time next week (not counting this one on account of the weather) I am curious to see who gets what calls.

Yeah, but not just in general, especially in a game like that one.  Just a big, dumb galoot. 

You know, Sal had a very good point on WGR.  He said Tolbert should only be in on runs where he runs straight ahead.  It seems like almost all of his carries are the same plays they call for Shady which are designed to let him bounce outside, or runs off tackle.  Cadet is a much better fit for those types of runs.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Coming in he was touted at a 3rd down pass catcher. He has had very few carries to this point in his career. 

In fact, he's already doubled his career high for carries in a season this year. Let's keep him at RB2 and see how his ypc looks at the end of the year. 

He lools much more explosive as a runner than I expected. I don't know why anyone would write him off yet.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Really.  Was he another healthy scratch yesterday for the Cheaters?

Yeah. I think Nantz or Romo said during the game that he's been a healthy scratch for over a month now. I know he was injured earlier this year, but he's been good to go since November. Belichick recently said RB is one position they don't worry about, adding that they feel it's their deepest position. They usually roll with James White, Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead. When Gillislee played, he wasn't any more productive than those three. I wonder if he regrets his decision to sign there now, haha.

Also, saw Gilmore get beat for a TD yesterday, that was neat. He did his usual turn around and look at his teammates like, "Hey, not my bad guys, someone was supposed to help me." He also made a horrible attempt at tackling Bell. He did have a monster OL bearing down on him so he went low to avoid getting smushed but still, not the greatest effort you wanna put on tape.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

You had a whole brigade here saying that losing Gillislee was awful, terrible and that he couldn't be replaced. That seems to not be the case.

Yup.  I said he'd be another backup RB they could replace and whose presence or absence wouldn't make a difference in the outcome of games.

• 2 months later...