Week 12: Chiefs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Here's a video on how to stop Kansas City's offense:

EDIT:  The guy even mentioned Bills D as one that can possibly stop KC using Dallas' scheme. I don't know if we got the front 7 to put pressure on Alex though. 

Edited by CanadianFan

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m still on board...why? Because the haven’t even had a single draft together yet...people really need to give them 3 years before saying they don’t know what they’re doing imo.

Patience sucks. but it surely is the right thing to do in this matter

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I agree. as much as some felt the wr positions traded away hurt, which it did, I think not waiting until the off season to trade #99 hurt the defense in a big way. yeah, as much as they wanted to blow smoke with the "win now" crap, I'm believing they had to of known gutting the team the way they did was not going to have a favorable outcome?

What’s interesting was when Beane joked about how he had to acquire KB because the team was starting to get upset with him getting rid of everybody.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Defense is about speed, physicality and aggressiveness. The guys we are playing now have been terrible. Blown off the ball, no speed, not gang tackling. Let the young guys go out there and fly around a bit. Never know, you might find a player or two.

And yet, in the first 5 or so games, they were not that thing. 

It is a mystery.

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

What’s interesting was when Beane joked about how he had to acquire KB because the team was starting to get upset with him getting rid of everybody.

OH ho, now that is an interesting tid-bit.  I had not heard that.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Shows you how weak minded the Whaley guys are if it’s true. WEAK.

Who are the "Whaley guys" in this statement?

12 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

Fwiw- I bought Humber's entire family water at last weekend's game. Had a few too many and saw this dad in line (guy wearing a Humber shirt). After chatting and confirming my hunch, I offered to buy him a beer when we got to the front of the line. Turns out he wanted three waters. Couldn't back out at that point. 20 bucks later I figured I'd score a  Bills karma points. Instead the football gods returned my slightly inebriated gesture by returning an epic arse whooping. Now back to your regularly scheduled Matt Milano posts. 

This is a funny story, and when I read it the first time thought it was his Dad who had many one too many so you were buying him a water! Then reread and got a kick out of it!

Why do us common folk always buy the rich folks beers and food(generally athletes more than their folks):lol:  

Edited by plenzmd1

Prisco: Week 12 NFL schedule: Tyrod Taylor returns as starter for Bills, other things to watch

Pete Prisco shares 10 interesting things to watch in Week 12 of the NFL season

How will Tyrod Taylor respond a week after being benched?
The great mystery is why Taylor was benched last week in the first place. The Bills threw rookie Nathan Peterman to the wolves starting him against the fierce Chargers front. All he did was throw five picks. Taylor came off the bench and did some good things and the offense looked much better. He didn't seem to sulk at all, which is a good thing. Now he's back in against the Chiefs on the road in a tough spot. It's the right thing to do.

Can the Chiefs find some offense?
Early in the season, the Chiefs were rolling up big numbers and scoring a lot. But in recent weeks, the offense has looked ordinary. The gimmicks that worked early on haven't worked lately. In the last two games, the Chiefs have scored a total of 26 points, nine last week against the Giants. They need to get back to playing more conventional offense with Kareem Hunt pounding the football. The gimmicky stuff is nice, but not all the time. 

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

112317-ir-kcchart.jpg

112317-ir-bufchart2.jpg

PRACTICE PARTICIPATION:
Did Not Participate in Practice (DNP)
Limited Participation (LP) = less than 100% of a player’s normal repetitions
Full Participation (FP) = 100% of a player’s normal repetitions

GAME STATUS:
Out = Will Not Play
Doubtful = Unlikely to Play
Questionable = Uncertain if Player will Play

Nice that both our LT havent practiced all week.  What''s the official designation for '--', can't get out of bed?

16 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Expecting upgrades to LB, D-Line, O-Line, maybe few coaches, QB and  back up RB biggest place need help at. Hopefully. For off season

I expect whole sale changes to Lb- D-Line and O-Line/

....so other than that, we should be all set.............

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

jesus glenn i'm getting real tired of his foot

I imagine he is as well

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Might need further corrective surgery to remedy his foot/ankle issues.

well get to it then! ya aint playin' ya aint no good to the Team.

I agree about patience with CordyGlenn

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DPaoSnYVQAABdr1.jpg

so we are down to kinda gimpy Zay and Andre Holmes and maybe Tate . ouch.

C'mon Cadet

A look at the injuries heading into the Chiefs Week 12 matchup against the Bills.

112417-ir-kcchart.jpg

112417-ir-bufchart.jpg

PRACTICE PARTICIPATION:
Did Not Participate in Practice (DNP)
Limited Participation (LP) = less than 100% of a player’s normal repetitions
Full Participation (FP) = 100% of a player’s normal repetitions

GAME STATUS:
Out = Will Not Play
Doubtful = Unlikely to Play
Questionable = Uncertain if Player will Play

Andy Reid speaks to the media before the upcoming game against the Buffalo Bills.

FPI: CHIEFS A HEAVY FAVORITE OVER BILLS

Kansas City, who has lost four of its last five, host the Bills, losers of three straight. Buffalo has allowed 135 points during its losing streak, tied for the fourth-most in any three-game single-season span since the 1970 merger.

r293327_1279x720_16-9.png&cquality=80

The Chiefs have been sliding, but the Bills' three-game losing streak has featured some eye-opening statistics that won't inspire much confidence in Buffalo, even if they are bringing back Tyrod Taylor.

The Chiefs have been sliding, but the Bills' three-game losing streak has featured some eye-opening statistics that won't inspire much confidence in Buffalo. Since Week 9, the Bills rank 27th in yards gained per game (299.3) and 29th in yards allowed (414.0). The Bills have also allowed 135 points over the past three games, tied for the fourth-most in a three-game span since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. If there was a game for Alex Smith and the slumping Chiefs offense to bounce back, this is it. Buffalo is reeling. Chiefs 34, Bills 20 -- Mike Rodak

Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo's move back to Tyrod Taylor at quarterback on Sunday isn't good news for the Chiefs, who undoubtedly would rather have faced Nathan Peterman. But the Chiefs have quietly played better defense in recent games, particularly against the pass. Opposing quarterbacks have a passer rating of 64.5 over the past three games. The Bills are 30th in passing yards, so the Chiefs should have enough to overcome Buffalo no matter the QB. Chiefs 20, Bills 17-- Adam Teicher

NFL WEEKEND LOOK AHEAD: SCOREBOARD WATCHING SEASON BEGINS FOR AFC PLAYOFF RACE

1124-murph-column.jpg

Heading into the rest of the NFL's week 12 schedule, John Murphy takes a look at what game Bills fans should be most interested in beside the Chiefs game, Shady's chase to set a Bills rushing record and the cause of Kansas City's losing skid.

The Chiefs' floundering offense can get going if the run game finds its legs vs. Bills

Kareem Hunt has fallen off after a hot start, but he can get back on track against Buffalo

Through the first five weeks of the 2017 NFL season, the Kansas City Chiefs had the best offense in football. The Chiefs were creating chunk gains on seemingly every other play, as Alex Smith's newfound downfield accuracy paid off in a big way for Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. The foundation of that explosive and efficient offense, though, was the Kareem Hunt-led running game. 

Hunt got off to one of the best starts to a career for any running back in the history of the league. After fumbling on his first career carry, all Hunt did was set the all-time record for most total yards in an NFL debut, while also reaching the end zone three times in a season-opening win against the Patriots. He kept the hot streak going over the next few weeks, totaling 97 carries for 609 yards (6.28 per carry) and four touchdowns over the first five games of the season. He added 16 catches for 166 yards and two additional scores through the air. At that point, he was one of the MVP frontrunners.

hunt-drop.png

During the first seven games of the season, only two of the Buffalo Bills' opponents ran for more than 77 yards in a game. Each of their last three opponents, however, has run for at least 144 yards. Buffalo traded Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars prior to Week 9, and since then, their run defense has completely fallen off the face of the earth. 

bills-run.png

Note: Dareus also sat out the Bills' Week 3 and 8 games, during which the Broncos and Raiders totaled 165 rushing yards on 37 carries (4.51 per carry) and scored two rushing touchdowns.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FPI: CHIEFS A HEAVY FAVORITE OVER BILLS

Kansas City, who has lost four of its last five, host the Bills, losers of three straight. Buffalo has allowed 135 points during its losing streak, tied for the fourth-most in any three-game single-season span since the 1970 merger.

r293327_1279x720_16-9.png&cquality=80

This cover 1 article deserves its own thread. 

Reggie Ragland’s Story Goes Well Below the Surface

By BJ Kissel - chiefs.com
112417-RaglandPic.jpg
The story behind his jersey number, lessons learned from his father, and why he keeps paying it forward

Chiefs vs. Bills: Game Preview

By Matt McMullen - chiefs.com
112517Kareem.jpg
The Chiefs return to Arrowhead for the first time in nearly a month seeking to end their two-game skid.

As the Buffalo Bills are trying to get ready for the Kansas City Chiefs, the team's switch back to Tyrod Taylor and the presence of Patrick Mahomes in this game also brings about some thoughts of the quarterback position and what they do for the long-term. 7ABC's Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn of NYUpstate.com break down the week that Sean McDermott had, the decisions at quarterback in 2017, Reggie Ragland, a preview and pick of the Bills-Chiefs game, and... that Marshawn Lynch jersey finally gets a new home.