Week 12: Chiefs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Put a Very big bet down on chiefs

Bills one of the few underdogs that consistently get bet. about 60% of the money on the Bills right now, very strange. Bills took most the money at Cinci to as an underdog.. But the money line is crazy large, +350 right now at Bovada. Chief -500 wowzer.

If I bet this game, and I doubt I will, be nothing but a little on the Bills money line. They either going to get smoked or win the game outright. Might as well take the 350 if you wanna bet the Bills.

Rodak
Since Week 5, the Chiefs' offense and the Bills' defense have fallen off precipitously, with the Bills' rush defense becoming especially bad. But why?

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- When a sliding offense meets a plummeting defense Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, something will have to give.

The Kansas City Chiefs' offense had been firing early this season. Through Week 5, that group scored the most offensive points per game (30.2) and gained the second-most yards per game. Since Week 6, the Chiefs rank 22nd in offensive points per game (18.2) and 21st in yards per game (327.6).

The decline of the Buffalo Bills' defense over about the same period of time has been even more severe.

KYLE WILLIAMS: "WE HAVE TO RESPOND BETTER" (3:00)

Bills DT Kyle Williams spoke with the media in the locker room Wednesday following practice. Williams talked about getting the defense back on track, facing Chiefs QB Alex Smith on Sunday, and more.

JORDAN POYER: "CONTINUE TO WORK" (5:10)

Bills Safety Jordan Poyer spoke with the media in the locker room Wednesday following practice. Poyer talked about preparing for the Kansas City offense, looking ahead at the season, and having that mental toughness to get back on track.

34 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's funny. like changing QB is going to keep them in the midst. no, they'll continue to melt down losing sunday and then after the humiliation at home dec 2nd the door will finally be shut on any ridiculous playoffs talk.

Unfortunately I agree with this. I honestly don't think they will win no more than maybe 1 more game this season. Even with all the QB issues, its with the defense also being so very bad.

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Dont underestimate the severe lack of talent. McBeane made a lot of decisions which stacked up. 

oh, I don't. that plays a big factor as well. more then 75% of the roster needs replaced with talent and that wont happen in one off season, or even two. if they were somehow able to hit in the draft and fa, they might begin to look like a contender in three years?

that's a big if.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

oh, I don't. that plays a big factor as well. more then 75% of the roster needs replaced with talent and that wont happen in one off season, or even two. if they were somehow able to hit in the draft and fa, they might begin to look like a contender in three years?

that's a big if.

Funny thing (and no one is laughing) is that the roster wasnt that devoid of talent before he came on board. Lot of it is self-dug holes which now became a chasm

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Funny thing (and no one is laughing) is that the roster wasnt that devoid of talent before he came on board. Lot of it is self-dug holes which now became a chasm

I agree. as much as some felt the wr positions traded away hurt, which it did, I think not waiting until the off season to trade #99 hurt the defense in a big way. yeah, as much as they wanted to blow smoke with the "win now" crap, I'm believing they had to of known gutting the team the way they did was not going to have a favorable outcome?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I agree. as much as some felt the wr positions traded away hurt, which it did, I think not waiting until the off season to trade #99 hurt the defense in a big way. yeah, as much as they wanted to blow smoke with the "win now" crap I'm believing they had to of known gutting the team the way they did was not going to have a favorable outcome?

Frankly, I doubt that very much. I really think they fancied themselves as the new Belichicks of the league, confident they can make anyone play in their system and look competent. McD has proven squat in this league save for some spotty DC success. Thinking he could show progress in this season without existing, under contract players was hugely presumptuous on his part. I wasnt too happy since the time he pushed Whaley out. I thought he could be complementary to Whaley's pro-personnel assessment skills and could fill in where Whaley was lacking. Geting rid of him for Beane was an early indication. 

I lost any little confidence I had in him last Sunday.  

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Frankly, I doubt that very much. I really think they fancied themselves as the new Belichicks of the league, confident they can make anyone play in their system and look competent. McD has proven squat in this league save for some spotty DC success. Thinking he could show progress in this season without existing, under contract players was hugely presumptuous on his part. I wasnt too happy since the time he pushed Whaley out. I thought he could be complementary to Whaley's pro-personnel assessment skills and could fill in where Whaley was lacking. Geting rid of him for Beane was an early indication. 

I lost any little confidence I had in him last Sunday.  

I have as well. I agree, way over confident.

from this

gettyimages-856371034.jpg?w=1024&h=576&c

to this

1009139751-Bills-Scull-427-1260x800.jpg

....this is probably as pivotal game as a single game can be pivotal.......KC is in a similar "penthouse to outhouse free fall" as the Bills......they're coming off a loss to the "upstart (COUGH)" Giants......as painful as Bflo's NO flogging......Chiefs are home in unfriendly Arrowhead with Andy coaching against one of his pupils.....TT returns under center but no one knows how deep his benching wounds run.....pulling off a MAJOR upset here would (or should) restore a MAJOR bounce in this club's footstep......feasible?...probably not.....remotely possible?......was going into HotLanta and thumping the Falcons remotely possible?......guess that's why we play the game....stay tuned.....

• Like (+1) 1

8 things to watch in Bills vs. Chiefs matchup

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

The Buffalo Bills realistically need four more wins to have a shot at claiming one of the AFC's Wild Card spots. They're unlikely to knock off the Patriots this season, so that means the team's games against the Chiefs, Colts and Dolphins are all must-wins. Here are 8 things to watch in the Bills' most important game to date.

Will chip on Tyrod Taylor's shoulder spark offense?

Do the Bills attack Darrelle Revis?

Will Buffalo's run defense figure things out?

Does LeSean McCoy make a dent in his chase for 10K yards?

Do the Bills have an answer for Travis Kelce?

Is Rick Dennison's time numbered as offensive coordinator?

Can Buffalo limit Tyreek Hill's impact on Sunday?

Do the Bills remain in the hunt following Sunday's game?

Will chip on Tyrod Taylor's shoulder spark offense? NO

Do the Bills attack Darrelle Revis? NO

Will Buffalo's run defense figure things out? NO

Does LeSean McCoy make a dent in his chase for 10K yards? SHOULD

Do the Bills have an answer for Travis Kelce? NO

Is Rick Dennison's time numbered as offensive coordinator? SHOULD BE

Can Buffalo limit Tyreek Hill's impact on Sunday? NO

Do the Bills remain in the hunt following Sunday's game? NO

Will chip on Tyrod Taylor's shoulder spark offense? - no

Do the Bills attack Darrelle Revis? - no

Will Buffalo's run defense figure things out? - no

Does LeSean McCoy make a dent in his chase for 10K yards? - no

Do the Bills have an answer for Travis Kelce? - no

Is Rick Dennison's time numbered as offensive coordinator? - yes

Can Buffalo limit Tyreek Hill's impact on Sunday? - no

Do the Bills remain in the hunt following Sunday's game? - no

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
8 things to watch in Bills vs. Chiefs matchup

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

The Buffalo Bills realistically need four more wins to have a shot at claiming one of the AFC's Wild Card spots. They're unlikely to knock off the Patriots this season, so that means the team's games against the Chiefs, Colts and Dolphins are all must-wins. Here are 8 things to watch in the Bills' most important game to date.

Is Rick Dennison's time numbered as offensive coordinator?

....unequivocally THE biggest one for me.....is this clown sticking with his "three step drop and you WILL stay in the pocket AS ORDERED" crap behind the Wikileaks OL (special thanks to 9 Juan Juan Castillo) OR does he scheme to TT's mobility strengths?.....hell there isn't a billboard big enough to telegraph his message "TAYLOR WILL BE GONE IN 2018....signed Rick Dennison", but dammit how 'bout we play for "W's" while he's here versus your inept Fairchild like moves?.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

So what’s the plan to fix the defense? Same exact thing as the last 3 weeks and expect it to somehow get better?

...nobody knows....Frazier is in the Witness Protection Program hiding behind the guise of the Dareus trade..........

112317-ir-kcchart.jpg

112317-ir-bufchart2.jpg

PRACTICE PARTICIPATION:
Did Not Participate in Practice (DNP)
Limited Participation (LP) = less than 100% of a player’s normal repetitions
Full Participation (FP) = 100% of a player’s normal repetitions

GAME STATUS:
Out = Will Not Play
Doubtful = Unlikely to Play
Questionable = Uncertain if Player will Play

40 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t believe this guy hasn’t made any changes to the starting defense. Obviously at least putting in Milano and taking out one or all of these terrible LBs 

Well we got Coleman. That was cool. Also if we pull the linebackers, who ya got?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t believe this guy hasn’t made any changes to the starting defense. Obviously at least putting in Milano and taking out one or all of these terrible LBs 

Fwiw- I bought Humber's entire family water at last weekend's game. Had a few too many and saw this dad in line (guy wearing a Humber shirt). After chatting and confirming my hunch, I offered to buy him a beer when we got to the front of the line. Turns out he wanted three waters. Couldn't back out at that point. 20 bucks later I figured I'd score a  Bills karma points. Instead the football gods returned my slightly inebriated gesture by returning an epic arse whooping. Now back to your regularly scheduled Matt Milano posts. 

32 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Whos 

33 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Whos Alonzo 

Lol

i wasn’t paying enough attention to what I was writing. Alexander 

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What does this solve?

Putting in Milano would solve the issue of piano back LBs running behind guys with the ball alrrady. Preston Brown is way to slow to play MLB. Alexander should be strictly STs. The starting LBs in this defense are killing us. The 2 LBs that should be on the field for almost every snap are Milano and Humber. Eventhough Humber has sucked lately, he can at least run.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Putting in Milano would solve the issue of piano back LBs running behind guys with the ball alrrady. Preston Brown is way to slow to play MLB. Alexander should be strictly STs. The starting LBs in this defense are killing us. The 2 LBs that should be on the field for almost every snap are Milano and Humber. Eventhough Humber has sucked lately, he can at least run.

Humber is the worst player on the field of late

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What does this solve?

Still need the D linemen to stay in their gaps in the run game. at least turn their guy back into the lane instead of pushing past the play

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Humber is the worst player on the field of late

Still need the D linemen to stay in their gaps in the run game. at least turn their guy back into the lane instead of pushing past the play

Yeah Humber has been bad too. I think the other 2 are worse but if it was truly up to me I would punish all 3 guys and try and play Milano Villejo and Lacey

let the young guys learn on the fly

cant be worse then it has been the last 3 weeks

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeah Humber has been bad too. I think the other 2 are worse but if it was truly up to me I would punish all 3 guys and try and play Milano Villejo and Lacey

let the young guys learn on the fly

cant be worse then it has been the last 3 weeks

your last sentence is how we started Peterman ; )
yes it can be worse.
Millano and Vallejo are lighter quicker backs who need to excel at keeping clean and hustling to the play. Brown ( who i like actually ) has  been playing down and dirty. Different linebackers. Mix and match might be best, down and distance and then game plan.
 But Bills are playing ST quality guys at LB !  

Besides Brown. and maybe Lorenzo who is more an edge rusher

I agree it has not looked good.

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

your last sentence is how we started Peterman ; )
yes it can be worse.
Millano and Vallejo are lighter quicker backs who need to excel at keeping clean and hustling to the play. Brown ( who i like actually ) has  been playing down and dirty. Different linebackers. Mix and match might be best, down and distance and then game plan.
 But Bills are playing ST quality guys at LB !  

Besides Brown. and maybe Lorenzo who is more an edge rusher

I agree it has not looked good.

I don’t understand why they brought back a career journeyman after his 1 good year. A guy clearly on his last legs and who is not at all a scheme fit. Every single part of it seemed to me like it was a no brained to let him go... not only is he back, the guy starts

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t understand why they brought back a career journeyman after his 1 good year. A guy clearly on his last legs and who is not at all a scheme fit. Every single part of it seemed to me like it was a no brained to let him go... not only is he back, the guy starts

Expecting upgrades to LB, D-Line, O-Line, maybe few coaches, QB and  back up RB biggest place need help at. Hopefully. For off season

I expect whole sale changes to Lb- D-Line and O-Line/

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

On 11/19/2017 at 9:20 PM, Domdab99 said:

you know, for a while there, I really thought McD and Beane had a legitimate, long-term plan. Now it seems that they are just randomly clicking buttons. 

I’m still on board...why? Because the haven’t even had a single draft together yet...people really need to give them 3 years before saying they don’t know what they’re doing imo.

• Like (+1) 1