Week 12: Chiefs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

In preparation for the heartache associated the next 6 weeks (and really every Bills season), I am skipping this weeks game to go and adopt a dog. I will, as any good fan should, PVR the game and watch it when I return. At that time, I am hoping not to bathe this poor new dog in tears. He will assuredly be a great companion and will offer more solace than my wife after the inevitable playoff elimination.

Go Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Actually this is the type of game they might surprise some folks and win. I mean nobody's giving us any shot at all.  Only to get our hopes up again before we lose twice as usual to the Patriots.  

betting action right down the middle right now, 50/50 each side. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

betting action right down the middle right now, 50/50 each side. 

Vegas knows something...  I just wish they'd tell me what it is.

Chiefs' offense, Bills' defense could be perfect medicine for each other

Since Week 5, the Chiefs' offense and the Bills' defense have fallen off precipitously, with the Bills' rush defense becoming especially bad. But why?

r292696_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&sc

COFFEE WITH THE COACH PRESENTED BY TIM HORTONS

Bills' Insider Chris Brown and HC Sean McDermott talk about the team's performance against the LA Chargers, upcoming game against the Kansas City Chiefs and some special Thanksgiving memories.

Coffee With the Coach Presented by Tim Hortons

BILLS TODAY: WOOD HONES IN ON FIXING PASS PROTECTION

Here's the Bills news of note for Nov. 22nd.

Bills Today: Wood hones in on fixing pass protection

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

By going back to Taylor he has left no room for error.  Just imagine if they lose out on the playoffs by 1 game.  He a) needs Taylor and the offense to catch fire and win 4 or 5 of the last 6 or b) the defense just keeps devolving and they lose for 4 or 5 of the last 6.  Going to Peterman vs LAC and that being the game keeps them out of the playoffs would be a decision he would not be able to shake the rest of his career.  

The continued issues with Glenn's ankle are very problematic in that it means Dawkins gets less and less work on the right side of the line, where he is most needed and should be long-term if the plan is to keep Glenn. 

Man, our lines are bad.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They should just IR or release Tolbert. 

IR is more likely as no way they cut him. McD likes his vet leaders and Tolbert fits the bill. Unfortunately, he's ill-suited to his role. The redundancy of DiMarco/Tolbert is astounding.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They should just IR or release Tolbert. 

16 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The continued issues with Glenn's ankle are very problematic in that it means Dawkins gets less and less work on the right side of the line, where he is most needed and should be long-term if the plan is to keep Glenn. 

Man, our lines are bad.

IR is more likely as no way they cut him. McD likes his vet leaders and Tolbert fits the bill. Unfortunately, he's ill-suited to his role. The redundancy of DiMarco/Tolbert is astounding.

I place more blame on how the staff has tried to use Tolbert, than I do on Tolbert. He has been relatively effective between the tackles. He is an above average downhill HB. Why Dennison keeps throwing him toss plays and screens is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I place more blame on how the staff has tried to use Tolbert, than I do on Tolbert. He has been relatively effective between the tackles. He is an above average downhill HB. Why Dennison keeps throwing him toss plays and screens is beyond me. 

He couldn't trust Taiwan for the job (prob due to QB protection issues)?  My guess is that Cadet is used in that role more frequently going forward.

Edited by GG

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

100%. I am not blaming much on a few key players on O. The offense has been designed against a lot of strengths that exist. The line has been horrible, but so much of that comes down to the blocking scheme. The right side is a tire fire regardless, but the talent across the line is equal or greater than that of NE and their staff has adjusted their scheme to play so much better than the Bills.

I hate repeatedly changing Coordinators, but the entire offensive side needs to go at season end. Evaluate that McD

On 11/19/2017 at 6:34 PM, Captain Murica said:

Breaking News: the Buffalo Bills forfeit the rest of the regular season. 

Not a horrible idea....5-11 gets us a top 5 pick.

20 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

100%. I am not blaming much on a few key players on O. The offense has been designed against a lot of strengths that exist. The line has been horrible, but so much of that comes down to the blocking scheme. The right side is a tire fire regardless, but the talent across the line is equal or greater than that of NE and their staff has adjusted their scheme to play so much better than the Bills.

I hate repeatedly changing Coordinators, but the entire offensive side needs to go at season end. Evaluate that McD

Dennison has no clue what he's doing.

The little trade value Tyrod has should be at a complete zero by seasons end IMO. I will surprised if he finishes the season healthy.

Him sitting on the bench was pumping up his trade value now if he plays like he did the Saints game they won't even get a bag of donuts for him IMO.

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The little trade value Tyrod has should be at a complete zero by seasons end IMO. I will surprised if he finishes the season healthy.

Him sitting on the bench was pumping up his trade value now if he plays like he did the Saints game they won't even get a bag of donuts for him IMO.

fair to say that if we look back at his career numbers and wins/losses, that he most likely wont play that way and using that one game as the foundation of all your arguments lately is sorta foolish. 

but whatever. we'll probably lose the game no matter how he plays. the chiefs and the bills both need one another right now. guess we'll see which one can expose the other to a worse degree.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, GG said:

He couldn't trust Taiwan for the job (prob due to QB protection issues)?  My guess is that Cadet is used in that role more frequently going forward.

I hope we see more Cadet. Why is it that pretty much every other team has 2-3 viable HBs?

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The line has been horrible, I agree. Juan Castillo is to our OL as Rex Ryan (and Sean McDermott? ugh...) is to our defense. Why change the scheme of the OL that boasted last year's top rushing attack? "Defend out dirt" . . . psh . . . how about a sign up at OBD that says "If it ain't broke..."

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Preston Brown has played 99% of defensive snaps. He is the biggest reason this defense stinks. Please play Milano. Look at the Panthers defense. What makes them work is the fact that they have a LB in the middle that can run and cover. Please bench Brown and play the guy that can run.

Not even close to being true. 

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "FOCUSED ON THE CHIEFS" (19:11)

Head Coach Sean McDermott spoke with the media Wednesday before Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Coach McDermott talked about his relationship with Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid, getting better on defense, and starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor on Sunday.

TYROD TAYLOR: "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN" (11:27)

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor talks about being named the starter and this week's matchup with the Chiefs.