The worst thing that could happen to this team is going to happen...

McBean

We're marching straight towards the 7-9 finish line.

It's what has killed this team forever. Too good to get good talent and too bad to make the playoffs. We're going to do it again.

I wanted us to retain Rex this coming season because I knew that clown could get the job done going 1-15.

What did we do? Not only did we hire a HC before a GM, we are trying to win both now and later..

How much sense does that make?

I tell you, the thought of Peterman got me excited because it gave me hope. Now? I have no hope. Nada. Zilch. I don't see the light. 

Name me one positive you are looking forward to with this team from here on out?

I can't think of a single damn one.

We are going to be picking 11th and end up with Josh freakin Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

It's what has killed this team forever. Too good to get good talent and too bad to make the playoffs. We're going to do it again.

I wanted us to retain Rex this coming season because I knew that clown could get the job done going 1-15.

What did we do? Not only did we hire a HC before a GM, we are trying to win both now and later..

I tell you, the thought of Peterman got me excited because it gave me hope. Now? I have no hope. Nada. Zilch. I don't see the light. 

Name me one positive you are looking forward to with this team from here on out?

Meh, I think today was rock bottom. I don't know if it can get much worse. We're still in the playoff race (shockingly) so I'll still hope for the best this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Talent is available everywhere in the draft and outside of the draft.  It's up to the Scouts/GM to find and select it, and the coaches to coach it up.  Simple as that.  Cleveland has selected in the top five how many years in a row?  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, McBean said:

It looks like we are marching toward 5-11, not 7-9.  That will bring us a top 8 draft pick.

Looking at standings, 5-11 could still net us the 4th overall pick.  This team sucks.  Playing Tyrod down the stretch probably nets us 1 or 2 completely useless wins.  Let Tyrod play against Chiefs and Pats since we're losing those games anyway, but hand the keys back to Peterman against Indy and Miami.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Looking at standings, 5-11 could still net us the 4th overall pick.  This team sucks.  Playing Tyrod down the stretch probably nets us 1 or 2 completely useless wins.  Let Tyrod play against Chiefs and Pats since we're losing those games anyway, but hand the keys back to Peterman against Indy and Miami.  

Hum, not bad.

If TT wins either game we can audible the plan, but, that probably won't happen.  At all!!

Thought I'd take a break from the meltdown in Kansas City and check in on things over here.  First, KC is coming off a bad loss to the Giants.  It wasn't a fluke.  KC has serious problems.  We have no pass rush to speak of.  Our O-line is small and can't get a push.  For a finese line it also isn't a very good pass blocking line, and even when it makes a decent pocket, Alex Smith is too nervouseto stay in a pocket long enough to find the open man...once he rolls out, as long as he is contained, he is no threat to do anything....plus the game plan has reverted back to lots and lots of dink dink dink dink dink.  Anyhow...you guys are catching us (KC) at a time when we can be had.  Speculation Ried has lost the locker room.

About your QB situation.....If you weren't/aren't a super bowl caliber team with TT, then you needed to find out what you had in Peterman.  The problem is, you should already know what you have.  5th Round picks amount to jack squat about 99.9% of the time.  Unless Peterman was just blowing it away in practice, the coaching staff should have known that Peterman is what he is.  Cleveland keeps picking in the top 5 due in no small part to their complete refusal to draft a QB.  They passed on Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes, and Deshawn Watson in the past two drafts by choice.  ANY of those would be better than what they have.  KC had done it for decades until our trade up last year with you all to get Mahomes.  We still don't know how that will turn out, but we are looking forward to seeing him soon...and the fan base was still 50/50 split on it even when we were 5-0.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Thought I'd take a break from the meltdown in Kansas City and check in on things over here.  First, KC is coming off a bad loss to the Giants.  It wasn't a fluke.  KC has serious problems.  We have no pass rush to speak of.  Our O-line is small and can't get a push.  For a finese line it also isn't a very good pass blocking line, and even when it makes a decent pocket, Alex Smith is too nervouseto stay in a pocket long enough to find the open man...once he rolls out, as long as he is contained, he is no threat to do anything....plus the game plan has reverted back to lots and lots of dink dink dink dink dink.  Anyhow...you guys are catching us (KC) at a time when we can be had.  Speculation Ried has lost the locker room.

About your QB situation.....If you weren't/aren't a super bowl caliber team with TT, then you needed to find out what you had in Peterman.  The problem is, you should already know what you have.  5th Round picks amount to jack squat about 99.9% of the time.  Unless Peterman was just blowing it away in practice, the coaching staff should have known that Peterman is what he is.  Cleveland keeps picking in the top 5 due in no small part to their complete refusal to draft a QB.  They passed on Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes, and Deshawn Watson in the past two drafts by choice.  ANY of those would be better than what they have.  KC had done it for decades until our trade up last year with you all to get Mahomes.  We still don't know how that will turn out, but we are looking forward to seeing him soon...and the fan base was still 50/50 split on it even when we were 5-0.  

Any chance Mahomes plays this season?

I still think we have a good HC and the front office personnel is top notch.  The fans and media got too excited about the quick start, but this team always lacked talent this  year.  They need a top OL coach.   They need a young innovative Offensive Coordinator and a young aggressive Defensive Coordinator; not some has-beens.  Then have an awesome draft, and get your franchise QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

Meh, I think today was rock bottom. I don't know if it can get much worse. We're still in the playoff race (shockingly) so I'll still hope for the best this year. 

We still play the pats twice, i dont think we've seen rock bottom yet